Gang Creation / Deletion FAQs

Moderators: Juke, Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Gang Creation / Deletion FAQs

Post by Juke »

Why isn't my gang being accepted?!

Be patient. Gang acceptance can take anywhere from a day to a few weeks. The more recent your arrival to the server, the longer it will take. It's no bias - we just don't know who you are and we'll need to observe you and your gang.

What do admins look for in a new gang? Why do admins say my gang is bad?

What we expect from gangs...

Follow the Rules

Obviously, gangs need to follow server rules. Banned players aren't going to help the server!

Roleplay

Your gang must be able to roleplay. This is a light RP server, we will never kick prison or ban people for not RPing, but we expect more out of our gangs! You should know how to roleplay and you should be in character or at least keeping IC/OOC discipline at all times. If you recruit a new member, you should be teaching them how to RP because it is YOUR responsibility, not ours.

Activity

SZR is a 24 hour a day server. You have to log in to be a part of it. Unfortunately, leaders will probably need to contribute at least a little every day or every other day or things will fall apart without them. Going on vacation or getting swamped and being unable to log in for a while is OK every few months, but as leader if you can't commit time to SZR it probably won't work out. Your members also need to log on or there is nothing to lead!

Positive attitude towards newbies

Vagos and Ballas are here to help newbies along, but often they're accepted directly into gangs. There's really no problem with this as long as YOU are willing to put in the time to teach them what they need to know. It's OK to hire "dumb muscle," and frankly we need gangs to take a chance on newbies sometimes, but the expectation is you'll at least have them keeping IC/OOC discipline, keeping to server rules, and encouraging them to RP as they spend more time on the server.

We also ask that gangs don't pick on random newbies. Sure, it's easier to go harass some whitename who just joined the server and doesn't know what's going on, but you're hurting the growth of server and being a jerk. The reason inexperienced newbies flock to the first gang to accept them is because they need protection from people who pick on the newcomers.

Contribution to the server

You may have the best dang gang on the planet but if all you do is stand on a roof and talk in /f you're not helping the server at all. Get involved! Invite people over for drinks, start a little conflict with your neighbors, have street races. Do something to interact with people outside of your gang.

Why are the admins threatening to take away my cool gang?

We have the same requirements of existing gangs that we do of gangs in waiting. If your gang falls below our standards, we will not be shy to take it away from you. We expect a lot from our gang leaders and we demand nothing less than continued excellence through your gangs life cycle. Even if there are plenty of open spots, if your gang is not contributing to the server we will let you know you're slipping and if you don't get your quality above par, you may be removed.
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Re: Gang Creation / Deletion FAQs

Post by Juke »

due to continued fuckin drama and musical chairs leadership policies,

Leaderflags and Rank 7s

Families 1-10 may have up to two rank 7s.

Families 11 and 12 may have unlimited leaderflags due to LFs being the only ones able to invite.

Please include who you want getting this access in your gang creation thread. If after creation you wish to "transfer" a leaderflag or rank 7, we will need written proof of the approval of the member giving up his position or of two other 7s/LFs in the gang. If after creation you wish to "add" a leaderflag, we will need written approval of one 7/LF in the group.

If a 7/LF does something to your gang you do not like such as taking money, recruiting, kicking, or disbanding, we will not automatically fix it for you! YOU gave them the power!

Please keep an updated roster of 7s/LFs in your gang's creation thread.

Help! Our fbank or flocker is empty! We have been ROBBED!

As above, we will not fix problems caused by you. You or one of your associates gave someone the keys to the castle and they ran away with your loot. Too bad! It's an in character issue and should be handled in character, not by admins.

Nobody likes the current Mafia / Grove / Yakuza / etc. or they are inactive. I want to use their theme and make a new gang.

To do this you'll either need overwhelming support from admins or the support of the "gang elders," the previous owners of the gang. Gang elders have earned the right to protect their gangs and have a say in the affairs of that gang. It may seem a little unsavory to have inactive players butting in on your gang, but these are people who have played for a very long time and know what they're doing.

If you want to browse your usergroups, change your active usergroup and the color of your name on the forums, request membership to a usergroup, or you wish to leave a usergroup, you can do so easily.

I want a private forum and a private usergroup. How do I get one and how do I use it?

If you'd like a usergroup and a forum please send a forum PM to Juke or make a thread in Cars / Interiors / Etc. Once you have a group, you can control it with the group manager in your control panel.

The leader who created your gang app will have "full access" including editing and stickying posts in your forum, but nobody will show up as a "moderator." That's normal. If you would like someone else to have "full access" please send a forum PM to Juke or make a thread in Cars / Interiors / Etc

Do not edit your group settings / ranks or I will got pisse