General chat about the server

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Optimus Prime
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

SZR: The rules, 2013 (2/11/2013)

Post by Optimus Prime »

Hello and welcome to the 2013 list of rules I have put together. Since this is a fresh batch of rules, I expect everybody to read ALL of this thread, considering the fact that it concerns some major rule changes that help direct our move towards a heavier roleplay setting.

All of these things are against the rules.
  • Metagaming - using OOC knowledge ICly
    Deathmatching - Killing somebody with no IC reason behind it. A partial rule change to deathmatching is the fact that you may only kill somebody ONCE per reason, otherwise it will be considered deathmatching. NO, YOU MAY NOT FIND A MILLION REASONS JUST TO GRIEF SOMEBODY
    Powergaming - Forcing roleplay upon somebody, or doing something that would be impossible in real life
    Revenge-killing - This one is a MAJOR rule change; NO MORE KILLING PEOPLE AFTER YOU DIE. When you are dead, the roleplay you had with your killer is OVER. You can no longer respawn and attack them again. You will be jailed and fined a lot of money for this.
    Hacking - Self-explanatory, and you will be permanently banned for this.
    Spamming - Self-explanatory.
    Bug-exploiting. C-bugging, shift-jacking, abusing /stopani, anything like that- All of those are super gay and if anybody is caught doing this more than once you will be banned.
    Obvious OOC reasoning behind kills / wars - if I catch anyone mixing OOC and IC just to kill somebody or war their family, it will be an admin jail of many hours and a massive fine. That is gay and blatantly goes against what we're trying to achieve with roleplay rules.

From here on out, you WILL be expected to roleplay at all times
- unless an admin or moderator tells you otherwise (during an event, race, etc).
Satoru
Game Name(s): Satoru_Nakajima

Re: SZR: The rules, 2013 (2/11/2013)

Post by Satoru »

this is not the szr i used to know
Jaua

Post by Jaua »

Good rules with many changes but good.
Optimus Prime
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Optimus Prime »

Also to clarify - if you happen to find somebody not following these rules, SCREENSHOT IT AND POST A COMPLAINT - we will be dealing with this shitfuckery
Herb_von_Toker
Donut Chaser
Game Name(s): They all died.

Post by Herb_von_Toker »

mulligan
Engage.

Never forget.. battle at Wolf 359.
Borg Designation: Four of Twenty
NomoreNomura

Post by NomoreNomura »

Satoru wrote:this is not the szr i used to know
Same SZR, same people.
That's why its population is dwindled, the same old people play the other servers too there's just nothing new under the sun.
And when most people are loyal to some other place, its hard to bring them back no matter how many times you change the city or the rules or whatever.

Maybe we, as a community, should have been more welcoming to all the rest and taught them better when they acted gay instead of outright calling them faggots and making them miserable. Or not have made everybody start from scratch like 50 times. Maybe we needed Nurgle, because he was just an enigmatic head for an eclectic collection of admins. I don't really know. Best of luck, though, to those that remain. It will take a whole lot more than rules, but people to enforce them well and an untapped market of people who aren't already scarred by their SZR experience.

Or my penis.
Joe_Crane
Game Name(s): Joe_Crane

Post by Joe_Crane »

NomoreNomura wrote:
Maybe we, as a community, should have been more welcoming to all the rest and taught them better when they acted gay instead of outright calling them faggots and making them miserable. Or not have made everybody start from scratch like 50 times. Maybe we needed Nurgle, because he was just an enigmatic head for an eclectic collection of admins. I don't really know. Best of luck, though, to those that remain. It will take a whole lot more than rules, but people to enforce them well and an untapped market of people who aren't already scarred by their SZR experience.

Or my penis.
Just host some psychotic events, there's no point of login in doing nothing. SZR used to have some really great events, that was the first reason i decided to play it, a long time ago. Bla-bla-bla *insert a funny phrase here*
Zef

Post by Zef »

I tried to do events but these fuckwits preferred to poopsock instead of *possibly* losing $500
NomoreNomura

Post by NomoreNomura »

If events were enough Silver Leo would have single handedly turned SZR into a top ranking server.

It didn't. They won't. But, they do help, and so do all the fancy features this server strives for. However, it all begins from inside.

In my worthless opinion, people migrated to other servers for the ease of being able to do whatever they wanted. Here it was hard to make gangs, harder to keep them. What Nurgle provided the server was great moderation with a degree of restraint, people act like shitheads and he got on Joe. He kept them in line in RP, and it was good. Factions lasted longer. If they continued, then he minigunned them.

Give the people power, cater to the playerbase. Nurture them on a personal level, and they will bring more.
Some will be terrible, some will be brilliant. But you nurture them equally and individually.
Rachael has been the hope this server has clung to for so long, but ultimately its up to people really playing the game and moderating it within character and not out of it. Moderators are the concierge to the wants and needs of their players, not their judge.

A lot of groups and leaders had clung to this server no matter the abuses they endured, just to cling onto what little pretend power they have. When it grew to be too much then they left with a group of people following them out the door.

Keep close tabs with your gang leaders, take care of them, instate a chief that can dedicate the time to handling most moderation in character and all the ducks will fall in line.

gl hf szr