How to post a complaint

Player/Admin complaints. READ THE STICKIES!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU POST!!

http://www.szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtop ... 67&t=23793
Nurgle
Administrator
Administrator

How to post a complaint

Post by Nurgle »

Here are the biggest two secrets in SA:MP

We can't monitor everything. We don't have the manpower, no server does.
Not everything is logged. SA:MP just doesn't work that way.

We need your help if you want people to be punished.

Gather evidence

Video is best. Video is the only way to capture actions like chickenrunning, cbugging, etc. I'd recommend FRAPS. Have it running before you start playing SA:MP and start capture before you plan on killing a dude or start capture when bad things are happening.

Screenshots are OK in some cases. Screenshots can help prove logging to avoid, show chat logs, etc. Be sure to include key evidence like blood splatters or important server messages.

Ideally, your evidence should be all the proof needed. For example, a single screenshot of a car on your head will not prove that a guy carparked you. You'd need a series showing he stayed on your head.

Inform the admins

/report the offense as soon as possible so we can check relevant tools, watch for repeat offenses, and ask any questions.

If you have evidence and it is requested, post in this forum. If you don't get a response, post in this forum.

Topic title: [Jerkname] - [jerkthing] Ex: Frank_Poop - Chickenrunning and logging to avoid death

In the thread, post your video with who is doing what and, if possible, when. Sometimes including higher res screenshots alongside videos are good just to establish names as sometimes they can be blurry.

Please play the video at least once without any video effects so we can see it in real time. PLEASE do not add sound effects or music.

If your friends were there, they can also post to back up the accusation.

Wait

Post nothing else unless you have another video on the same subject or are asked a direct question by an admin.

Do not post inflammatory shit such as calling each other names.

If you post worthless shit that isn't a complaint or a direct answer to an admin's question then you will be punished at admin discretion.
Duane_Denroy

Re: How to post a complaint

Post by Duane_Denroy »

Just to clarify, if you aren't involved in any way in the complaint, does the warned and jailed for an hour rule apply, or are you talking about the OP just blabbering on and on in separate posts, or both?
Nurgle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nurgle »

if your post is shit you will get warned
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

please either include just game sound or no sound at all

if it has linkin park you're just making us mute the audio
Rabid
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Game Name(s): Rabid Barkley

Post by Rabid »

Updated addition to complaint rules setforth by Nurgle (herein referred to as 'back me ^ LS nurgle rabid):

-When editing a video you plan to use as proof of a wrong-doing, don't intentionally slow down the video as it makes it harder to judge if it was really just your lag causing the thing you're complaining about. If you do decide to slow down the video, at the very least have the un-slowed version play first and then your slowed down bit or vice versa. This is crucial lately as people have been slowing their videos down to point out the badness going down.

This will also be going back into affect, at least for me:
back me ^ LS nurgle rabid wrote:If you post worthless shit that isn't a complaint or a direct answer to an admin's question then I will add one warning and jail you for an hour per post. If you use posting a video as a vehicle to add on worthless shit this will also apply and is down to the discretion of the admin reading the thread.
I will be enforcing this by adding jail time and possibly removing all your weapons. I won't add the warning part unless you continue to be a dumb dumb or intentionally piss me off.
Days since last accidental self-banning: 0

Is a online contest winner.
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

Updated

Please read before complaining about admins not caring or whatever