live from the moon
live from the moon

Server Info and FAQ - 6 Year Anniversary Edition

Post by brains »

Secret Zombie Room
"What is the point of Internet Gangsters Shooting Internet People?"

Information:

General SZR Information
  • What script does SZR run / Where can I find it?
    We use a heavily modified version of The Godfather gamemode, but we do not have plans to release it publicly at this time.
  • Who owns the server?
    Biff Longtorso
  • Is there a way to donate to the server?
    AAAAAA

SZR Community

SZR's players do more than just play SA:MP. We have several different groups for different activities online, and they are open for all SZR members. Here are a few of the groups we have currently:
    • Steam Community group
      We have a Steam group and it is currently invite-only. People use the group to play games together over Steam, and if you'd like to join, message someone in it through Steam chat and ask for an invite.
    • Last.fm group
      If you have a Last.fm account, join the SZR group and see what SZR's players are listening to.
    • Flickr group
      Feel like posting screenshots? Use Flickr, tag them with SZR, and join the group.
    • SZR Wiki
      The wiki is a great resource for new players.
    • IRC
      Our IRC channel, #szr on SynIRC, is the single best place to talk to other people in the community outside of the game. It's also the only place you can watch RP-TV.
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Re: Server Info and FAQ - 2 Year Anniversary Edition

Post by brains »

Frequently Asked Questions:

Note: If you are looking for basic gameplay information, skip down to the next post.
  • SA:MP
    • Where do I get SA:MP?
      Get the latest SA:MP client here.
    • How do I get SA:MP to work with the Steam version of GTA:SA?
      Follow the instructions here.
    • I can't connect to the server / SA:MP doesn't work.
      Use this FAQ, and make sure you are using version 1.0 of GTA:SA (The mod will not work with any other version). Also check for a new version of SA-MP; it's possible that a new version was released and SZR has already upgraded to it.
    • SAMP / GTA crashes as soon as I try to start it.
      Sometimes the settings get corrupted and the game won't start, the only way to fix it is to delete the settings file. Go to My Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files/ and delete gta_sa.set. Don't worry, it will be automatically recreated next time you start the game. You will have to reset your controls etc. after doing this, but the game should load properly from then on.
    • SAMP crashes when I get near a transfender.
      In the Windows control panel, open "Sounds and Audio Devices," at the bottom click "Advanced," and then click on the "Performance" tab and turn off "Hardware Acceleration."
    • How do I join SZR?
      Before you begin, think of a name you'd like to be identified by. The name should be in Firstname_Lastname format, separated by an underscore.
      It can not be longer than 16 characters, or have numbers or special characters in it (other than underscores).
      Try to think of a name which is realistic and decent; your name is tied to your account, and you cannot change it after you register.

Note: We allow non-serious names, but if you come in with some bullshit name like hArdCORE_kiLLA, expect to get griefed all the time by everyone.

(1) Enter this in the name box ( see picture )
      (2) add the server address as pictured below in the screenshot: 72.232.254.202:6777
      (3) click connect and proceed to the login screen

Then you will proceed to the registration screen, use the arrow keys to change the model of your character until you find one you like, and then press T to open the text input box.

type /register YOURPASSWORD and press enter
      then press T again, and type /login YOURPASSWORD

You will then proceed to the tutorial stage, which lasts a few minutes. Please read the rules carefully. After the tutorial you will spawn in the starting area and you are ready to play.

Take time to look at the ingame menu, you access this menu by typing /help
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Re: Server Info and FAQ - 2 Year Anniversary Edition

Post by brains »

Frequently Asked Questions (Gameplay):
  • Starting your life in SZR GTA
    Assuming that you've already gone though the sign-up process and you sat though that dreaded tutorial, I think you're ready to start your life of crime.

You'll start out at "Newbie" spawn. This is where you'll spawn if you ever die or if you respawn for any reason if you aren't in a gang.

Map

• Joining a Public Gang
    Public gangs are gangs open for anyone to join, and are primarily intended for new players as a way for them to learn how SZR works before moving on to a private gang.

There are two public gangs in SZR; the Ballas and the Vagos. Ballas HQ is the Pig Pen, located just around the corner from Newbie Spawn while Vagos HQ is down south by the airport.

Ballas Headquarters

To join the Ballas, go to their headquarters and type /joinballas

Vagos Headquarters

To join the Vagos, go to their headquarters and type /joinvagos
  • Now what?
    Check out the Newbie Forum; there are tons of great resources in there for new players, such as:
    • Basic Tutorial - shows how to get a job, where things are, and how gameplay generally works in SZR.
    • How To Join A Private Gang - In SZR, private gangs are what drive the server. Joining up in one of them is one of the best ways to enjoy SZR.
    • Server Rules - The Do's and Don'ts of SZR. We have a very active admin staff and we have a very low tolerance for cheating or stupidity, so please abide by the rules here.
    • Lag Compensation - SA:MP's netcode is pretty worthless when it comes to combat, so if it seems like none of your shots are landing, check this topic out.

Have fun and enjoy playing on SZR!