Making respect relative to your playtime

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Aker_Mazreku
Game Name(s): Aker_Mazreku

Making respect relative to your playtime

Post by Aker_Mazreku »

Right now you get one respect point everytime you sign your paycheck. There is a counter when you type /stats that shows your amount of playtime, so maybe it would be possible to give players a respect point everytime their playtime goes up by one hour.

Advantages
  • Applying this would slow down leveling, thus delaying wipes/resets because from the way I have understanded it; wipes are carried on to balance the game when players/gangs gain too much advantage over another.
  • For alot of players there will always be things that outright needs your attention and you have to leave the game. Visitors, errands, mealtime, work, school or just a good tv-show you just can't miss. The current leveling system benefits players who have alot of time (nerds) and always can wait until the clock turns even.
  • Instead this would balance leveling in which you would get respect points based entirely on how much total time you have played rather than how systematically you have played (for example logging in 30 minutes before 12 pm to gain respect points and so on..)
  • I think the server is too overpowered at the moment, and with that I mean too much armor given and with guns being too available. When the server is too overpowered the fear of losing guns/mats/drugs (armor) is lower and alongside with that comes the rise of dm which we have agreed can turn away new people originally looking for a roleplay server. There are better ways to fix the issues above but applying this type of leveling-system would certainly fix them a little (indirectly). EDIT: High-levels also have much shorter hospital visits.

Drawbacks
  • There are people which would hate having a slower leveling-system.
  • This would mean separating the paycheck from the respect points which we all are accustomed to right now but I don't think that it would be that uncomfortable.
  • I don't know how much work separating these two would require from the admins side though as I'm not familiar that much with either sa-mp or lua. I'm not even sure if the playtime in /stats is accurate and if there exist any accurate way of counting the playtime.

I haven't played in SZR for that long.. maybe this idea has already been pondered upon and rejected because of too many issues/drawbacks that I do not know. I'd like to hear more advantages/disadvantages with this if someone has any and also a yes/no along with that. So what do you guys think, could this work :?:
Jin_Meshima
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!
Game Name(s): Jin Meshima.

Re: Making respect relative to your playtime

Post by Jin_Meshima »

ye this guy is a bitch, i like him already
Jin Meshima

Step in our zone and I'll have your face rearranged.
Jin_Meshima
Game Name(s): Jin Meshima.

Post by Jin_Meshima »

A+ idea imo
Jin Meshima

Step in our zone and I'll have your face rearranged.
lukesea
Donut Chaser

Post by lukesea »

Id actually find it quicker to level up this way as i always miss the fricken paycheck
<Jay_Vegas> im actually normal height

<somone77> I always saw BMF of having the most potential of any of the other families
<somone77> They didn't suck.
Hippo Congruency
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Hippo Congruency »

lukesea wrote:Id actually find it quicker to level up this way as i always miss the fricken paycheck
me 2
Dig_Bicks

Post by Dig_Bicks »

lukesea wrote:Id actually find it quicker to level up this way as i always miss the fricken paycheck
ditto, i have like 50 missed paychecks compared to playtime.
[16:45] <mrado> Nutt3rz: can i have naked pictures of you

[15:53]** Drummer Jhonny_Mclanne: Who knoes Gia_Sorrentino **
[15:53]** Drummer Jhonny_Mclanne: He fuckign Pwns **
Siente_MiPolla wrote:This topic sucks and yall can go furnicate yourself.
Hippo Congruency

Post by Hippo Congruency »

i have about 200 missed paychecks compared to my playtime lol
Satoru
Game Name(s): Satoru_Nakajima

Post by Satoru »

great information, you poopsocker
Aker_Mazreku
Game Name(s): Aker_Mazreku

Post by Aker_Mazreku »

Haha, I have more paydays than playtime and that is why I brought this up because I believed the majority of people had that aswell. If alot of players like the ones (above) actually have alot more playtime than paydays then it would eliminate the purpose of this idea. :cripebert:
Aaron_Triggs
Game Name(s): Aaron_Triggs

Post by Aaron_Triggs »

It's a good idea, but Rach already had it in mind. I remember that she mentioned it being in her new gamemode which I think she stopped working on.