[ARRESTS] Being able to walk while cuffed

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Aker_Mazreku
Game Name(s): Aker_Mazreku

[ARRESTS] Being able to walk while cuffed

Post by Aker_Mazreku »

Just finished watching an episode of Cops where it was this guy.. who apparently thought he could outrun the cops while cuffed. The cuffs obviously rendered him unable to build up any good acceleration at all and also left him very clumsy which is why he fell not very long from where he started..

I don't know if it's possible to confine cuffed people to walking or maybe even very slow running, this would be much more close to the real world (not so much that it destroys the fun).

It would open up scenarios where the cop cuffs one person and tells him to follow him to his car for example. It would also leave the victim with atleast a slim chance of escaping if the cop is forced to change his attention to something else, for example someone shooting him. It would be easier to save someone from being arrested (upside / downside ?).

And lastly if something wouldn't go right or if anyone tried to abuse this you would still have the taze.
Drey_Rogers
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!
Game Name(s): Drey_Rogers Antonio_Havarti Jake_Parlor

Re: [ARRESTS] Being able to walk while cuffed

Post by Drey_Rogers »

This is awesome. But also make it so like there is a permanent hold on fist so you can't shoot, you can't enter cars and put a timer on entering houses. After you think you are safe you can /breakcuffs and it will take x seconds depending on how many stars you have.
Andrew_David wrote:i don't like it neither...
Drake_Bell wrote:Happy Summber Vocation !
Dan_Platus

Post by Dan_Platus »

Most of the players don't really put their hands up when they're asked to do so.

Mostly they get tazed, then cuffed.

They wouldn't walk to the car....So we need a way to force them in, which is /detain, or they wouldn't even think about stepping into the car.
Aker_Mazreku
Game Name(s): Aker_Mazreku

Post by Aker_Mazreku »

I like the hold thing on hand that would be awesome.

And I agree with you Dan, but this would probably encourage people to actually type /handsup knowing that they atleast get some advantage from it.
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

In real life you can also tackle a person or break their kneecaps with your nightstick or shoot them in the back and have them fall on the floor in agonizing pain. Tazers also stick into the person and you can taze them for as long as the cartridge allows.

As it is, tazers only freeze someone for 8 seconds.

Not really viable since we already have to type out the detain and cuff commands, and would make it a pain to catch more than 1 suspect alone (which is what usually is the case due to current population).

Could be possible if people were more active (including cops), but I'm sure everyone would find a way to abuse the heck out of it such as by jumping on passerby cars, further ganging up on lone cops, etc.
Drey_Rogers

Post by Drey_Rogers »

did you do some research on how tazers work in real like or did you just assume it works like that, because i thought they work like the flash form a camera, the high voltage only lasts for a few seconds[i am actually asking if that's how they work]
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

Police issue tazers have two functions - one that shoots out little metallic harpoons that dig into your skin and allow voltage to go through and a full contact that is like a loud jolt.

It's not that hard to look it up, probably would take less time than making your post
Drey_Rogers

Post by Drey_Rogers »

i read about that, tho it never said how much it lasts
Ron

Post by Ron »

about 30 seconds in each cycle!!!

for christ's sake welcome to the internet, now use google you god damn retard!
spurt of splooge to the eye
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Just replace /detain with /drag and you have to walk to the car as the suspect tp's behind you every 2 seconds or so doing the /hide animation. The nonpd population should get the access to this command too. Definitely better than what there is now.
Dan_Platus

Post by Dan_Platus »

BigAssGoat wrote:Just replace /detain with /drag and you have to walk to the car as the suspect tp's behind you every 2 seconds or so doing the /hide animation. The nonpd population should get the access to this command too. Definitely better than what there is now.
I could imagine players trying to G bug in every car they see on the way to the patrol car.
Rosco_Flatts
Game Name(s): Rozco_Flatts - Rosco_Flatts - Rozco_Aispuro

Post by Rosco_Flatts »

People already have a chance at escaping if they have a buddy with a car. The buddy passes by and the detainee can hop in. I am fine with how this is.
Siente_MiPolla
Game Name(s): Phil_Mycock

Post by Siente_MiPolla »

Two different commands, the curent one and a new one which'll include this sugestions and the cops will use it only with the people that won't be jackasses.
Kobayashi wrote:Problem solved had to re-install my pc!
Herb_von_Toker wrote:party on the left. party on the right. party for your motherfucken right to fight
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

So if a cop thinks someone wont run away, you think that the cop should give them the ability to run away?

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Drey_Rogers

Post by Drey_Rogers »

Siente_MiPolla wrote:Two different commands, the curent one and a new one which'll include this sugestions and the cops will use it only with the people that won't be jackasses.
this will end up just like arrests with bail