weapon specialization upgrades (LOOK AT THIS SHIT)

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Tom_Anderson
keep your distance i'm a carrier

weapon specialization upgrades (LOOK AT THIS SHIT)

Post by Tom_Anderson »

this suggestion is an attempt to add a little variety in the combat of SZR, but more importantly improve weapon accessibility for high-tier weapons depending on what players choose to have as their specialized weapon.

basically, we start off by removing all deagles, m4s, and spas12s from reach (everything else will still be accessible just like right now so chill the fuck out), nobody can have access to the deagle, m4, and spas without spending their upgrade points on one of these upgrades. also the weapon skill for the deagle, m4, and spas12 are 0. meaning it'd be like singleplayer where you start off by only being able to shoot your m4 by standing still. more info on that later in the post.

Deagle Specialization 0/3
M4 Specialization 0/3
SPAS12 Specialization 0/3

each of these upgrades have THREE levels, just like the other upgrades right now. this is what happens as you progress through these specializations:

- you've spent 1 upgrade point and now are 1/3 in Deagle Specialization, you've now unlocked the desert eagle and can now equip it.
- you've spent 2 upgrade points and now are 2/3 in Deagle Specialization, your Desert Eagle weapon skill is now 50/100.
- you've spent 3 upgrade points and now are 3/3 in Deagle Specialization (maxed out), your Desert Eagle weapon skill is now the highest 100/100 (so now you can aim while moving and shit).

so basically as you level, you have to choose between: Toughness, Armor, Respect, Gunlocker, DeagleSpec, M4Spec, Spas12Spec.

ps keep in mind that you get two upgrade points per level.
Tylotriggs
Game Name(s): Tylo_Triggzao

Re: weapon specialization upgrades (LOOK AT THIS SHIT)

Post by Tylotriggs »

i like the idea of this, seems cool
John_Woody
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): John_Woody

Post by John_Woody »

maybe we could expand this so you can't use any guns except for shotguns and sdpistols at the beginning (maybe give new players some free gun upgrade points so you don't necessarily become a still standing target just because you didn't have the time to level to 1435). I would like to see a system that only gives you gun upgrade points until you reach a maximum. Heavy guns would use up more upgrade points, lighter ones less. When the limit is reached the player cannont upgrade his weapon skills anymore. This way, players would have to sort of specialize on certain weapons at some point. This way your character would have his own unique skills and could be used in different roles, depending on how you spent your upgrade points. Maybe there should be an option for players to reset their skills (there should be a long cooldown though like 20 playing hours or so). This would make battles more interesting I guess since more organisation to distribute guns and an effective tactic that considers the skills of your friends would be required to be successful.
Using this system we could also consider bringing snipers back in the game, but have the ability to wield a sniper rifle be extremly costful (yet in return lower the cost for a single rifle) and consume a lot of upgrade points, so a sniper couldn't carry another heavy back up weapon but would rather have to rely on stealth and/or a teammate in order to stay alive.
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

I'm pretty sure we tried using skills once, people crashed left and right.

Edit: And you can hack skills.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Ron

Post by Ron »

primnet was awful
spurt of splooge to the eye
Tom_Anderson

Post by Tom_Anderson »

Ron_Jakobs wrote:primnet was awful
this has nothing to do with primnet, you're dumb. also stop trying to shit up my thread thanks
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

Ron_Jakobs wrote:primnet was awful
What tom said, that's dumb. He's trying to think of nice stuff and help, while you may have efforted out and decided to just... do whatever it is you do. Doesn't mean you should fuck his stuff up.

If these things can be coded in then I like the idea.
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

This is the kind of complicated thing that I love to think about.

more fuel on the complication bonfire
- make guns more of a big deal by adding random NPC's that will report you for flashing them
- scripting a weapon command that makes arming a weapon take more than 0.001 ms
- limiting the ammo to realistic levels ( without disrupting the AC )
- adding gun misfires for weapons that are not maintained / serviced / are old and shitty
- adding 'single shot' missile launchers and other whoopie guns

hooray
[IMG]
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

Rachael wrote:This is the kind of complicated thing that I love to think about.
- adding 'single shot' missile launchers and other whoopie guns
This could provide some pretty interesting strategies, as well as a damn good money sink.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Tom_Anderson

Post by Tom_Anderson »

keep in mind that with the new OnPlayerTakeDamage function we can also script shit like ammo types that deal +5 more damage or something, or simply make shotguns do way more damage up close, i dunno
Hippo Congruency

Post by Hippo Congruency »

oneshot
Vado
kinda dump
Game Name(s): Movado_Williams - Leonard_Gallardo - Sayaka_Mizuki

Post by Vado »

i like it
Movado_Williams