New Stuff!

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
Jodus
Donut Chaser

New Stuff!

Post by Jodus »

Hi there. Some of you "newbies" may be having some trouble with the current server additions. So I've just put together a short little thing on how to work some of the new commands!

-/engine
If you're a really heavy player of roles, you have the "/engine" option. It's pretty straight forward. If you get in a vehicle that won't move, type /engine, and it should start. Most people get in and out of the cars either way, but /engine DOES in-fact increase the role play factor! If you want to turn the vehicle off, simply /engine as the vehicle is running, and it stops. You must be in the driver seat in order to stop/start your engine.

-/hood
Another thing to increase the role playing factor of mechanics. All you do is /hood, as you're in the driver seat of the vehicle. This simply opens the hood, and shows the vehicles engine. A keybind that has made this server addition really a success, is..

Code: Select all

!5::SendInput t/me takes his vehicle tools from his toolbox, and attempts to fix the vehicle.{enter}
Sleep 2500
SendInput t/bomb{enter} <-- This forces your player to do the "bomb planting" animation.
Sleep 2500
SendInput t/repair{enter}
return
All this bind does is does a /me, animation, and command for you. This really helps people grasp the feeling of role play, and act as if they're really doing something. If you want to close the hood, stand in front of the vehicle, and /hood. You must be in the driver seat to open, but in front of the vehicle to close it. The vehicles hood DOES NOT need to be open in order to fix it, I'm just giving an example.

-/lights
This command is quite simply, but also useful. You may not think of your vehicles lights as useful, all because in GTA, there's light everywhere. You could be in the middle of nowhere, but still, somehow, get light. Nonetheless, this "/lights" command simply turns on, and off your lights. It once again, increases roleplay. if the lights are on, /lights to turn them off, and vice versa. You must be in the driver seat to turn the lights on and off.

-/trunk
This is probably my all-time favorite command for vehicles. /trunk is quite useful, and efficient. /trunk in the driver seat of the vehicle, it will open it. Move to the back of the car, and put something in it. For example, /trunk store deagle. This tells the game to place the Desert Eagle you have in your inventory, into the trunk of the vehicle. To take it out, /trunk take Deagle. Keep in mind, you must be AT the trunk in order to do it. If you want to see the kind of stuff inside of an OPEN trunk, do /trunk contents. You also must be standing at the BACK of the vehicle in order to close the trunk.

-/give
This is a VERY useful command, and will help a lot of people. Let's give an example. I'm in a gun-fight with a rival gang member, and lets say Mkrtich_Mikoyan shows up to my aid. He has no weapon, and I'm not an arms dealer, what do I do? /give mkr deagle. It tells the game, to give Mkrtich my Desert Eagle. Now he has the gun!
You can also give mats, drugs, fish (I think), and more. I don't know ALL that you can give, but I'm sure you can give a whole lot of stuff. All you need to do is HAVE the item you want to give on hand, and be near the person.

I hope this helps! Good luck and have fun.
Last edited by Jodus on May 3rd, 2012, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ziano

Re: New Stuff!

Post by Ziano »

Useful post Jodus great work! :smug:
You might want to edit this tho
Jodus wrote: For example, /trunk put deagle. This tells the game to place the Desert Eagle you have in your inventory, into the trunk of the vehicle.
The commands is "/trunk store deagle" :P
Jodus
Donut Chaser

Re: New Stuff!

Post by Jodus »

I edited it.