Frankie_Porpoise SAN Application

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
Aesop_Rock
Donut Chaser
Game Name(s): Aesop Rock

Frankie_Porpoise SAN Application

Post by Aesop_Rock »

IC:
Character name: Francis Proia, AKA Frankie Porpoise
Date of birth: March 27th, 1950
Phone number: 6323
Address/general location (optional): Currently living weekly rate at the Jefferson.

OOC:
Names of any alts you have/had on SZR: Aesop Rock
Previous roleplay experience, including other servers (optional): Text-based RP, online story writing, etc for fourteen years.
Will your news character be your primary character? (optional): No, but it will be played with regularity.

IC:
A brief description of what brought you here. : My first encounter with "real" news was during the late 1960s. In Vietnam, all hell was breaking loose and the camera was right there. True immersion, no need for overly flowery words. The truth was right in front of your eyes. Great reporters who have immersed themselves in such a way can't be counted without including Hunter S. Thompson.

A brief description of why you feel you'd be an asset to our team: In my time in Los Santos, I've kept my ear to the street and from my days as a Pizza by the Slice delivery man I retain many contacts.

An example of your writing in the two formats

The Color Purple
by Frankie Porpoise
SAN
Monday, May 4, 2009

Los Santos, SA --

A recent shooting at the local club known as the Pig Pen left citizens stunned and baffled, last night as LSPD officers opened investigations into the bloodshed. The neighborhood, known for its row houses and low income families, tends to keep to their own.

This reporter's experience in the field, observing the investigation and speaking with locals, as less than productive. Apart from expressing shock and horror at bloodshed in such a "lovely neighborhood," little was volunteered.

Perhaps the key to this can be found in a note left glued to my van's windshield: "Snitches are found in ditches."

/news Frankie Porpoise here, reporting from the Pig Pen. Last night, an evening
/news of pole dances and malt liquor gave way to bloodshed and gunshots as
/news what began as a dispute between unidentified parties broke loose into the
/news parking lot. Though 911 calls were placed, police response time was too slow
/news to prevent the deaths of four young black males and two Mexican immigrants.
/news With the club's revellers jumping fences and sprinting down alleyways, information
/news is a scarce commodity right now. What we do now, however, is that just prior
/news to the shooting, the bartender reported to having heard an argument escalate
/news and climax with an unidentified male shouting "Ifa you don't like-a the price, I'ma
/news makes you eat this spasghetti!" Whether or not this is of any relevance has yet to
/news be seen. Anonymous tip-lines are now open in regards to this case. Dial 911 if
/news you have anything, no matter how small. This has been a SAN on the scene
/news report and this is Frankie Porpoise, signing out.

Any additional comments: Thanks for reading the app.
Banjo

Re: Frankie_Porpoise SAN Application

Post by Banjo »

Fine and good, accepted! Contact me in-game for an invite, but first read the Rules & Guidelines in our Private Forum, which you now have access to!
Your English is excellent, however while your newsroom article falls out a bit short, your comprehensive in-game article makes up for that!

PS: You're a furry!

[PS²: He's mine to invite & introduce!]
Kitty_Mason wrote:
Rho wrote:im hung like a chinese mouse and will never get to see boobs like those let alone play with them