SANews Application by John Pendergast

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
John_Pendergast

SANews Application by John Pendergast

Post by John_Pendergast »

IC:
Character name: John Pendergast
Date of birth: 07/05/1981
Phone number: 204268
Address/general location (optional): Middle of Grove Street, near the bar, but I’m going to move

OOC:
Names of any alts you have/had on SZR: No alts.
Previous roleplay experience, including other servers (optional): Pretty much RP experience, but not in SA:MP. I played many RPGs and I used to be a member of a local troupe. (Let’s say it was a troupe)
Will your news character be your primary character? (optional): Yes, as I don’t have any alts.

IC:
A brief description of what brought you here. (Was it a recommendation? A wanted ad? Simple whimsy? Something else?): I moved here from Salt Lake City, Utah. For a few weeks, I couldn’t find a job, so I made a living by doing occasional works, e.g. being a driver or pilot, but it was never enough. I want a steady workplace. In SLC, I worked as a journalist for a local newspaper, so I thought I could continue under the supportive wings of SANews.

A brief description of why you feel you'd be an asset to our team (feel free to include relevant skills and/or achievements): As I mentioned before, I worked as a reporter-journalist for a small, local newspaper company. I could use the experience that I’ve obtained there. Also, while I was struggling for my life, I’ve made dealings with people that can be good sources of exciting, fresh news.

An example of your writing in the two formats ((Article format, no less than 50 words, and in-game /news format, no less than 7 lines. See below for examples. Update: Wackiness (being outrageous) won't get you hired, and please try not to report on the common subjects - Nurgle, UFOs, combat situations, action stories, etc. Made up interviews will NOT be accepted.)):

Article format
PROTEST AGAINST VIOLENCE

Los Santos was always the garden-frame of violence and agony. Did you know that over 60% of committed murders are done by members of a gang? Have you ever noticed that more and more gangs are roaming the streets of our city? Ever thought about that it was never easier to obtain a gun than nowadays?

But now, you are given the chance to change. Tomorrow, you can be like the LSPD. You can do something against street crimes. The local branch of the LDS Church with the support of many civilian associations organized a protest. According to Branch President Paul Emerson, it’s going to be the largest protest that ever took place in Los Santos.

The event will take place tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM on the stairs of the City Hall.

In-game format
/news Greetings Los Santos
/news I’m John Pendergast, I’ll inform you about a very important event.
/news There were never so much crimes committed in Los Santos, than nowadays, and
/news the number of the recognized gangs is getting higher and higher as I speak.
/news Alas, it was never easier to shoot someone on the wide streets than today.
/news That’s why civilian associations led by the “Mormon Church” are prepared a protest.
/news According to an LDS official, it’ll be the largest event of its kind in LS.
/news It will take place on the stairs of the City Hall, tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM.
/news All of our fellow peace-loving citizens are welcome.
/news Stay tuned for more information,
/news John Pendergast, SANews, Los Santos.

Any additional comments (optional):
John Pendergast
Banjo

Re: SANews Application by John Pendergast

Post by Banjo »

Despite your wording, grammar being very good, your story is similar to the one of Benji Clix.

Oh well, we'll see how you go in-game. Accepted, contact me for an invite, and read the Rules & Guidelines in our private forum, which you now have access to.
Kitty_Mason wrote:
Rho wrote:im hung like a chinese mouse and will never get to see boobs like those let alone play with them
John_Pendergast

Post by John_Pendergast »

Thanks for your trust.

(( I've read the past few applications (including Benji's), but the idea of the story came from a flyer laying on my desk ))
John Pendergast
Kofi_Kingston
Game Name(s): Kofi_Kingston Samuel_L_Jackson Dave_Mustaine

Post by Kofi_Kingston »

I know him from Grove, pretty chilled out guy.
<stenchman> ☣☠④②ⓞ☠☣