Eluding cops

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
D_Black
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): Yoshimitsu Ichi

Eluding cops

Post by D_Black »

I have seen many instances where cops will complain about someone using a vehicle other than a car to escape from them. One time i saw them chew a guy out in ooc for 5 minutes complaining that he was borderline exploiting by using a faggio to elude.

Before i continue lets go over some of the more unorthodox ways to elude Law Enforcement. These are the ways that LE complains about.
  • Swimming to Escape
  • Using a Jet or Helicopter ((Air Eluding))
  • Boat escape
  • Hiding inside someones house
  • Running into paintball or OJ

Ok water and Air eluding are the two i have the issue with the most. although it is hard to catch someone in these instances it is not impossible. Especially considering that the police have helicopters so they can arrive to the scene or chase you in a helicopter, however you can not use one to escape? If I am not allowed to Use a helicopter to escape you should not be allowed to use a helicopter to chase me, that however is another poor assessment of the situation.

there is a couple ways I see that may be possible to handle this without accusing someone of exploiting when they air and water elude.

Solution for air eluding would be to have a National Guard faction that can use hunters, and Hydras to Hunt down those who air elude and shoot them out of the sky.

As for water eluding it seems like the police could have some Police boats with the guns mounted on the front, this way when someone uses a boat or try to swim to Liberty city boats can intercept him and deal with him accordingly.

Now Running into someones house is something that is difficult to call because if you are a merc and know someones address you can break into someones house in come cases making it impossible for the police to find whose address it is. But when they do find the way in it usually ends up wit them killing you. I know this is very annoying to police but people know that there is no way to escape so they make a mad dash to go store their weapon. I don't agree with this method of eluding but I definitely understand. I also understand why in some cases the police would have to kill you if you refuse to come out. This to me is only exploiting when the person who owns the house logs with the wanted person inside, or if the person wanted logs when he is inside.

The last is paintball, OJ, or event eluding this is the gayest of all eluding. If there is some way to make so that people who who have stars can not join in events that would be a good way to cut back on some of the exploiting.

Bottom line is the police need to be equipped to handle water and air eluding because they are real life issues Law Enforcement have to deal with when attempting to capture suspects and fugitives.
D_Black AKA Yoshimitsu
ALTIchi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8cce9WLBI
Kitty_Mason
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Re: Eluding cops

Post by Kitty_Mason »

Air eluding would be fine if people used it properly.

If they used it as a quick escape from point A to B, or if they used it to quickly shoot off and meet their lawyer, leaving the police cars on the ground far behind them then it would be fine. But no.

Almost every air eluder spends 30 minutes just flying around in circles, while cops can't really do much in their chopper but follow, attempt to lower into their blades, or shoot them down from a Dodo (which can be nigh on impossible if the person/people in the chopper are decent Wheelmen, which of course, 99% of the time they are).

None of this is fun generally, and thats what it's meant to be about. Car chases are fun, spending 20 minutes doing nothing more than holding down Ctrl in the passenger seat of a Dodo, shooting at a helicopter with 4 Level 5 wheelmen in it; isn't really.

Edit: Oh yeah i forgot, we have the Sparrow, but it's slow as shit and can't even keep up with a Maverick let alone planes.
Last edited by Kitty_Mason on May 15th, 2009, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nurgle wrote:kitty 'lol so what i study to design videogames and like cake' koronos
[10:50:31] [command] [Jack_Ree]: /me gets into vagina whole size
[10:06:39] [command] [Kenneth_Taylor]: /t 9923 Don't fuck with me elefant boy
David_York

Post by David_York »

Kitty_Mason wrote:Air eluding would be fine if people used it properly.

If they used it as a quick escape from point A to B, or if they used it to quickly shoot off and meet their lawyer, leaving the police cars on the ground far behind them then it would be fine. But no.

Almost every air eluder spends 30 minutes just flying around in circles, while cops can't really do much in their chopper but follow, attempt to lower into their blades, or shoot them down from a Dodo (which can be nigh on impossible if the person/people in the chopper are decent Wheelmen, which of course, 99% of the time they are).

None of this is fun generally, and thats what it's meant to be about. Car chases are fun, spending 20 minutes doing nothing more than holding down Ctrl in the passenger seat of a Dodo, shooting at a helicopter with 4 Level 5 wheelmen in it; isn't really.
Give cops a rustler =D
Bobknob
Funky Bidness Inspector

Post by Bobknob »

I think the cops or the Feds should be able to get ONE Hunter to only be used to bring down aircraft. Eluding into OJ or paintball should be an admin warning. I think house eluding is fine.
horatiofellatio

Post by horatiofellatio »

Huge potential for abuse with hunters/hydras.
Serious_Michael

Post by Serious_Michael »

horatiofellatio wrote:Huge potential for abuse with hunters/hydras.

But cop abuse is funny and interesting.
John_Mondo: Level 3 Civilian
Ashley_Averitt
Game Name(s): Ashley_Zi

Post by Ashley_Averitt »

D_Black wrote: [*]Hiding inside someones house
I dont think theres a problem here... cops were after Joe_Crow for prank calling, i houseinvited him.. cops did break in... i dont really know if the cop is a merc or they have power to break in houses even if they are not mercs.. i dont know. but they didnt argue that time lol.
D_Black wrote: [*]Running into paintball or OJ
This breaks server rules
IGN: Ashley_Zi = Yesterdays_News = Tomorrows_News.
Character Lv: 12.
Car: Hotring Racer C.
House: Lv 9.

Lv 5 Drug Dealer.
Lv 5 Arms Dealer.
Lv 5 Fishing.
Lv 5 Car Jack.
Lv 5 Merch.
Lv 3 Secks.
Lv 1 Everything Else.

Banjo

Post by Banjo »

1. I don't get how eluding with a plane or helicopter is exploiting .. I mean, after all it is RP, in real life, I'm sure people get into a private jet and fly to Mexico or something!
2. Hiding in somebody elses house and the owner of the house logs, is just 100% faggotry, and definitely exploiting. However, when you hide in an interior or a house, with the owner online, it's not as gay, IMO. It's RP, you 'keep a low profile', run from one spot, to another.
3. Event eluding /oj /paintball, is plain gay.
4. I just got chased by cops, 4 of them in a car, one driving, one shooting, one mercing and the other one wheelman, adding more and more wanted levels onto my arse! Given that you guys are required to be level 3 Mercenary or Wheelman [or something..] and have access to free weapons [mp5's especially], you should be able to shoot down eluding news reporters [and in fact, you did].

Air-eluding is the only thing that's not in your control. You can always go with the Seasparrow, of the LSPD maverick. As D_Black said, it's not impossible to catch somebody in a plane or maverick.
>> For house eluders do /address 1, /address 2, you're only unlucky if the wanted person has ID 117, or so.. [get more cops to do it, one starting from the end of the ID's, the other one from the beginning].
Kitty_Mason wrote:
Rho wrote:im hung like a chinese mouse and will never get to see boobs like those let alone play with them
Al_Yu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Al_Yu »

Banjo wrote:1. I don't get how eluding with a plane or helicopter is exploiting .. I mean, after all it is RP, in real life, I'm sure people get into a private jet and fly to Mexico or something!
:ughh:
<DoctorJones> al can you spawn the big smoke statue anywhere?
<&Al_Yu>I break the server enough as it is
James_Carter

Post by James_Carter »

Al_Yu wrote:
Banjo wrote:1. I don't get how eluding with a plane or helicopter is exploiting .. I mean, after all it is RP, in real life, I'm sure people get into a private jet and fly to Mexico or something!
:ughh:
Most helicopters have a max flight time of about 30 minutes, if they aren't carrying any extra tanks. So if someone flies around for like an hour in a helicopter just to evade police, then it's not roleplay. As Kitty has said, it would be fine for the people to go from point A to point B to their lawyers or something, but to constantly fly is really gay.
Bonus_ONeil

Post by Bonus_ONeil »

Pro tip-for water eluding , land your chopper in water next to the guy,it floats for about 30 seconds gives you enough time to jump on and shoot the water escapee.

use it on pinoy all the time.
Miquel Lacoste
Game Name(s): Miquel_Lacoste

Post by Miquel Lacoste »

I suggest to work on that OJ game thing, so wanted suspects cant join OJ game.
Vag

Post by Vag »

Miquel Lacoste wrote:I suggest to work on that OJ game thing, so wanted suspects cant join OJ game.
Or if wanted player gets in OJ, he gets auto-jailed in the end of the round/when he exits OJ
Chris_GA
Game Name(s): Chris_Bell

Post by Chris_GA »

Vag wrote:
Miquel Lacoste wrote:I suggest to work on that OJ game thing, so wanted suspects cant join OJ game.
Or if wanted player gets in OJ, he gets auto-jailed in the end of the round/when he exits OJ
Fuck that shit, Bannish his ass....

Running into OJ or Paintball is just GAY just like any other thing that will get u banned/bannished...

-I Got 17 Reason's for yall Hataz, straight Hollow Tips-
-64 Flavors of straight DROP-
Circum_Chastity wrote:Name: Circa_Cassidy
Reason for ban: Hack owning MagC

Plea for unban: Plz.

ps. I'll only use hacks to kill MagC.
Panzerfaust
Game Name(s): Gene_Hunt Marcus_Denroy

Post by Panzerfaust »

Chris_GA wrote: Fuck that shit, Bannish his ass....
Okay, so now the guy who is wanted but isn't being actively pursued (say, illegal ad or something, or leftover from the last time he was on) goes into OJ and gets autobanished when he had no ill intent.

I think the autojail idea is good, but I think it should happen the second they enter, rather than at the end of the round. If it's at the end of the round, they can go into OJ and then log while they're in there to avoid it, if they want to be gay.