Point wars, something needs changed.

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Slopko
kinda dump
Game Name(s): Slopii_Pimpins

Point wars, something needs changed.

Post by Slopko »

As it is right now your faction nets 100$ every time someone uses a control point that you own. That amount usually adds up to around 50-75k in a 24 hour period. I suggest at least doubling that to 200$ per use. As it is right now, if your faction goes for a point war and wins, they still lose because the points don't even cover the costs that the war used.

Take this for example, you have 6 people online and decide to go for the point. So you go get pot and crack, that's about 20k per person times 6 people, you just spent 120k. Now add in their weapons, even with shotguns and mp5s you're spending at least 3k per person on guns, which equals around 18k. So you just equiped 6 people with guns and drugs and are now 138k in the hole before you even know if you're going to win the point or not.

Even if you win at the point war, you won't ever make enough money to cover your losses from equipping your faction to attend said war. This leads to no one actually trying to go for point wars unless they greatly outnumber the competition. As it is, no one should go for a point battle unless they have no competition online, or do some gay point alliance bushido shit.

I think if you increase the amount of money a point makes for a faction it might actually increase the point war activity, and give the smaller factions an incentive to try and battle at points they otherwise would just ignore because it isn't worth their time and money.

Also I think the points should be reset every 12 hours instead of 24 hours, and the increase in amount the faction gets per control point use should reflect that as well. If points were 12 hours long, then the price you get per use should be 200-300$ to compensate for the 12 hour decrease. With points going up every 12 hours, there would be a point war every few hours instead of just once in a while. It will also help with the population imbalances some gangs have during certain hours. There's only 8 point wars a day, and sometimes there's no competition at all for the larger gangs because of time zones. If points were every 12 hours that would mean 16 point wars a day, more spread out, and more competition.
Last edited by Slopko on May 7th, 2009, 5:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
L
A
T
E
R
S
R_a_j_a_Weathers

Re: Increase the ammount of money you get from owning a point.

Post by R_a_j_a_Weathers »

i like this idea
Raja_Weathers= 36th Street Relatives level 10

OG_Scotts= Civilian level 1

Greg_Tompson= Civilian level 2
Ole_Tomsom
Game Name(s): John Torino

Post by Ole_Tomsom »

This is great! :bunchies:
Cliff_Decker

Post by Cliff_Decker »

Good idea..

Consider this..

The points are coming up each 24 hour now. and youll get 100 dollar per shitnub that poopsock.
If you half the amount of time, you ll have to double the amount of cash, to make it profitable.

This is without your option.

So, I suggest to get around 300-400 per shizznit that poopsock. And the points poppin' up every 12 hour.
Johnny "Flawless" Flaw

The infamous Gino Fiasco babyyy!

BlackCop

Post by BlackCop »

the biggest flaw in this idea is that when a faction claims every point they will be making over a million off of them, and points are as hard to contest as ever. the only factions who will benefit from point payoff increases is Yakuza and it's allies.
ken nomaro-leader of YAKUZIES- >>FIRST JAPANESE GANG IN SZRGTARP<<
level 1- wizard
level 01- wheelman>NASCAR SUCKS<
level 69- sex(thanks david webb)
level 4- rogue
level 20- turd(country western is rubbish)
David_York

Post by David_York »

^
He has a good point. I say we stop being greedy and just deal with it.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

BlackCop wrote:the biggest flaw in this idea is that when a faction claims every point they will be making over a million off of them, and points are as hard to contest as ever. the only factions who will benefit from point payoff increases is Yakuza and it's allies.
maybe as one of the largest gangs on the server, yakuza shouldn't be allying with so many people
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Slopko
kinda dump
Game Name(s): Slopii_Pimpins

Post by Slopko »

My idea is more than just the thread title guys. My idea is to decrease the timers on points to 12 hours instead of 24 hours, and then double the amount you get for owning that point to make up for the 12 hour loss.

Something needs to change with point wars, they're just not worth the effort if you're trying to go against a large gang with larger numbers than you. There isn't competition for point wars, it's just a matter of who has more people online when they come up.
L
A
T
E
R
S
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Yeah, we've needed a revamp of the points for a while. A while back someone (might have been Smokey) suggested the idea of having timers go up every 21 hours so that they shift by 3 hours. That way in any given week, everyone can join in on each battle during their normal playing hours. Maybe making some of the mat dropoffs and one of the drughouses give out more cash would increase the incentive to fight for them. For instance, the east drughouse is probably the least used.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Freddo_Brazi

Re: Point wars, something needs changed.

Post by Freddo_Brazi »

Slopko is fucking right, like what the fuck! 100$ when someone uses it? you spend around 150k to prepare and HOPEFULLY Takeover a point, and you earn back 70k for 80k, bullshit, you should increase the it from 100$ to atleast 400$ or 500$ , That will make More sense . And plus, he's right about the timings too, it would be much better if there was a point every 12 hours, cuz fucking TURDS got the points on their timings and they take over it :@ not fucking fairrrr
Kirchoff Crime Family
Nachalnik[Boss]
John_Pendergast

Post by John_Pendergast »

I guess gangs not only doing pointwars because of the income. It might be fun, don't you think? Plus there's some recoverings for the winner.
John Pendergast
David_York

Post by David_York »

BUMP FUCK
BlackCop

Post by BlackCop »

I'm pretty sure Turdgang made near 800k off holding all the points for a day just yesterday.
ken nomaro-leader of YAKUZIES- >>FIRST JAPANESE GANG IN SZRGTARP<<
level 1- wizard
level 01- wheelman>NASCAR SUCKS<
level 69- sex(thanks david webb)
level 4- rogue
level 20- turd(country western is rubbish)
Chris_GA
Game Name(s): Chris_Bell

Post by Chris_GA »

BlackCop wrote:the biggest flaw in this idea is that when a faction claims every point they will be making over a million off of them, and points are as hard to contest as ever. the only factions who will benefit from point payoff increases is Yakuza and it's allies.
Basically...

-I Got 17 Reason's for yall Hataz, straight Hollow Tips-
-64 Flavors of straight DROP-
Circum_Chastity wrote:Name: Circa_Cassidy
Reason for ban: Hack owning MagC

Plea for unban: Plz.

ps. I'll only use hacks to kill MagC.
Montel_Chilliams
Donut Chaser

Post by Montel_Chilliams »

Points really need to be 12 hours or less. The cash from winning a point could be upped slightly too. The point timers are always getting fucked up because of the 24 hour limit. Usually the points come up at wierd off-peak hours instead of during prime time like they should be.
aron9forever wrote:i am a big jerk and i usually act dumb
What did we learn here? you suck more than me :dogout:
Chris_GA
Game Name(s): Chris_Bell

Post by Chris_GA »

Point timmer's needs to be fixed PERIOD... their FUCKED at times

-I Got 17 Reason's for yall Hataz, straight Hollow Tips-
-64 Flavors of straight DROP-
Circum_Chastity wrote:Name: Circa_Cassidy
Reason for ban: Hack owning MagC

Plea for unban: Plz.

ps. I'll only use hacks to kill MagC.