Wheelman Suggestions

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Tony_R

Wheelman Suggestions

Post by Tony_R »

my simple little proposal make wheelmen more viable for being your 'driver'. improvements for drive-bys and just for general driving around in opposing faction areas.

make it so level 5 wheelmen cant be carjacked. for $250 you install locks on your car, only you can get in the driver seat, but passengers can still get in. this would mean that for example, if youre doing a drive-by then some clever chump cant just carjack you and throw your 3 pals off of the nearest cliff - its also not too imbalanced, and gives a wheelman something else to do other than free repairs and re-fuels - every important journey will need a wheelman at the helm.
anders

Re: Wheelman Suggestions

Post by anders »

sounds pretty cool!
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Having level 5 wheelmen be immune to carjacking actually sounds pretty cool. A good incentive.
Tony_R

Post by Tony_R »

i dont know if theres anything else possible to code, but maybe a way of wheelmen making some cash...

armored cars possibly? just add a little more hitpoints to whatever the vehicle has
turbo? permanent slight increase in speed
locks/alarms - so you can tell when someones jacking your ride.
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

Tony_R wrote:i dont know if theres anything else possible to code, but maybe a way of wheelmen making some cash...

armored cars possibly? just add a little more hitpoints to whatever the vehicle has turbo? permanent slight increase in speed.

The items above cant be added because they are not controlled by the server, its client side.

locks/alarms - so you can tell when someones jacking your ride.

This will come in time.
<DoctorJones> actually greg was really accurate
<DoctorJones> [08:13:19 PM] Greg_Moyer: Time untill unban request comes in from blitz: t-minus 5 minutes
<DoctorJones> [08:18:41 PM] *** Blitz has joined #gta.
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
<Godamnit> And thats why Greg > You
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

As a police officer I am not for giving people the ability to not be pulled out of their cars at lvl5. Its a big enough pain in the ass chasing a lvl5 wheel suspect as it is with the repairs they can do, but to then not be able to pull them out would a nightmare
Grace wrote:I literally am dodging bullets and cocks all day
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Mackenzie wrote:As a police officer I am not for giving people the ability to not be pulled out of their cars at lvl5. Its a big enough pain in the ass chasing a lvl5 wheel suspect as it is with the repairs they can do, but to then not be able to pull them out would a nightmare
I just assumed cops would be able to do it anyway.
El Mariachi

Post by El Mariachi »

I'll say it again as I always say:

If you want wheelmen to be more useful/make more money:

1. Make car respawn times VERY LONG
2. Remove 5-30% of the available car spawns
3. Close off all Pay n Sprays
4. Close off all gas stations

Lowering car spawns not only helps the wheelman class a great deal, it provides the opportunity of reviving the car jacker class.
Last edited by El Mariachi on January 9th, 2008, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

El Mariachi wrote:I'll say it again as I always say:

If you want wheelmen to be more useful/make more money:

1. Make car respawn times VERY LONG
2. Remove 5-30% of the available car spawns
3. Close off all Pay n Sprays
4. Close off all gas stations
1. They removed a lot of car spawns. It's essentially doing the same thing
2. See 1
3. I think Pay n' Sprays are the only way to actually fix the broken "models" on the cars, like windows and such.
4. Nobody uses the gas stations anyways
El Mariachi

Post by El Mariachi »

The respawn times on vehicles still must be relatively short, and some car spawns were removed but I still see car trash everywhere. Of course people never use gas stations, they just ditch their car for another spawned one- creating car trash.