House car questions / suggestions

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Strelok

House car questions / suggestions

Post by Strelok »

First off I'd like to say, I love the new feature of picking your house car color.

Although for some reason you felt the need to remove the tow car feature. I think removing /towcar lends itself to the player having to log when they loose their car or cant manage to blow it up. It was also fun to tow car thieves to your house and serve them justice. I'm just wondering why it was removed?
I think that it should be kept in with the same cost, but have a cool down time so it cant be used repeatedly.

I was also wondering if its possible to have pre modified car spawns, such as after market rims, and spoilers etc.
Perhaps have different pre modified cars to choose from in the carlist for example; Sultan/Sultan2/Sultan3/Uranuns/Uranus2/Etc.
With each one corresponding to a differently modified version of the car.

I was also wondering about car locks. I think it would be great to have them but "only for house cars", and they should only be lockable from the "outside".
That way you can lock your car door while you go to sell your fish, but it still allows car jackers to do their thing.

Oh, and is it just me or have the sultans damage threshold been lowered?
Im so used of driving bikes that its hard to remember what all the cars are like.
Joe_Dirte

Re: House car questions / suggestions

Post by Joe_Dirte »

i like the idea of customized house cars
Mat_Rempit

Post by Mat_Rempit »

Can we put locks on our house cars? So that it cannot be jacked and make it more private?
And also it will stay at spawnpoint even if the owner is logged off.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I've been wanting to see a /lock command just as much as you Strelok
But I think that it hasn't been put in for a few reasons
1. Everyone has a house car, meaning nobody's car will ever get stolen
2. Cops can't throw you out of the car if they can't open it
3. It might decrease stability

One thing you could do if your around good RP'ers is
/me presses the automatic lock button

Now I know it won't matter if a Claude comes running up with a shotgun and throws you out of the car
But that's all we can do for now right.
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away
Any fucking time. Any fucking day
Learn to swim. I'll see you down in Arizona bay

John_Jackson

Post by John_Jackson »

I think that house cars should have a /lock function, even when you are in the car. However, I believe that police officers should be able to get in the car with you in it.
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

there will be new options for car upgrades in the very near future, like equipping the car with nitrous, for example, or lockable doors. more advanced modification options will likely follow soon after.
calum_bah
Game Name(s): Graham_Vercetti

Post by calum_bah »

I think we should be able to have up to 2 cars because some member are in gangs and also like fast cars so there should be able to have a sensible car with 4 seats and a fast car with 2 or something on the lines like that ??
Brad_Richie

Post by Brad_Richie »

I know that the /lock command does give you an adequate response, it's something like "You don't own a vehicle !", or "You don't have a lock !"
And isn't there a vehicle lock you can buy at the 24-7?
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

calum_bah wrote:I think we should be able to have up to 2 cars because some member are in gangs and also like fast cars so there should be able to have a sensible car with 4 seats and a fast car with 2 or something on the lines like that ??
If you're in a gang, you should already have gangs cars unless your gang spawn is in the middle of nowhere.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael