/dropcar enhancements

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
BALLBARN
kinda dump
Game Name(s): BALLBARN

/dropcar enhancements

Post by BALLBARN »

I think dropping cars is too easy as a way to poopsock money and in the context of the game world, it doesn't make alot of sense. There is really no skill in it, the pay is the same price for any vehicle and the docks will buy any car - even if it's a truck from the nearby warehouse.

To add some degree of skill to the job, I've a couple of ideas that I hope should be easy to implement... both of which make car droopping more like the GTA:SA single player equivalent.

1. Every hour the server should pick three car types at random from a preset pool of car types. Only these car types can be sold during that hour... we would need a link on the forums to pictures of every car for the newbies, but there must be a ton of websites with this already. To find out what the cars are, you can type /dropcartypes or something.

2. The condition of the car should affect the price... a car on 10% "health" should only get you a 10% payout. Obviously wheelmen would be more at an advantage as they can repair for free, but this effectively makes wheelman into a payable job. This is a fairly obvious enhancement which hasn't yet been implemented, I'm guessing therefore that maybe car health isn't synced well and hence this might not be possible.

If these changes make dropcar too difficult or too much less popular, then the price could be scaled up to make it more attractive.
Last edited by BALLBARN on July 18th, 2010, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[21:05:07] <Sal_Monroe> shouldn't you be driving this thing ??
[21:04:15] <Young_Rodney> I don't know... who cares?
[21:04:20] <BALLBARN> ohh crap, what a terrible headache...
Itachi Uchiha
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Re: /dropcar changes

Post by Itachi Uchiha »

People usually take 100% health trucks from the docks and drop them, it's not so often for them to drop other cars, and this change wouldn't do anything than make them all use the docks trucks.
The Captain wrote:
Scrapz wrote:silver spoon shoved up there ass
Silver is Silver bro.
BALLBARN
kinda dump

Post by BALLBARN »

Itachi Uchiha wrote:People usually take 100% health trucks from the docks and drop them, it's not so often for them to drop other cars, and this change wouldn't do anything than make them all use the docks trucks.
You don't have creativity right ?,

EDIT: Read all the original idea
Itachi Uchiha
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Itachi Uchiha »

BALLBARN wrote:
Itachi Uchiha wrote:People usually take 100% health trucks from the docks and drop them, it's not so often for them to drop other cars, and this change wouldn't do anything than make them all use the docks trucks.
You don't have creativity right ?,

EDIT: Read all the original idea
You edited your post, I replied to what you've first posted. Well the first idea is pretty decent I guess, but I'm sure there will be a lot of lazy people disagreeing with this, we'll see.
The Captain wrote:
Scrapz wrote:silver spoon shoved up there ass
Silver is Silver bro.
Darnell
Game Name(s): Darnell_Johnson

Re: /dropcar enhancements

Post by Darnell »

I don't disagree, I like it. Its kinda just like irl, there might be a dumpyard where they request certain cars for carparts.
/dropcars should be the cmd to view the list and also if the car thats on the list you can't find, then try another one.
Uhm, what the hell is a signature?

Code: Select all

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
What the deuce?
Aaron_Triggs
keep your distance i'm a carrier
Game Name(s): Aaron_Triggs

Post by Aaron_Triggs »

I like this it isn't a bad idea.
mike_mocanu
Game Name(s): Michael_Mocanu

Post by mike_mocanu »

I was thinking something almost exactly like this and i wanted to post it, cant remember if i did or not but basicaly it was to vary the amount of money you get paid, depending on the car you drop, not necesarily ONLY 3 types an hour, but any car at any times, all categorized.

somethin like this:

Supercars = 100%
Convertibles = 80%
Offroad = 70%
Lowrider = 60%
Saloons = 50%
Station Wagons = 40%
Industrial = 30%

made using these categories : http://www.g-unleashed.com/index.php?jump=27

Or if anyone wants to put the effort in you could do it even more accurately and set each car price independently.
Satoru
Game Name(s): Satoru_Nakajima

Post by Satoru »

Why not make so that the money you get after you sell a car is as much as the respective cars insurance?
BALLBARN
kinda dump

Post by BALLBARN »

Satoru wrote:Why not make so that the money you get after you sell a car is as much as the respective cars insurance?
That would be a good idea... I guess
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

We should be able to drop cars that we steal from other owners(fml if we already are). It would be cool if people didnt get to find out who's stealing their car even if they had the coolest locks because gang members are whining and making threats when other gang steals their car so it's not really worth stealing it.

My idea for dropcarring is totally different. Go to a crane and get a marker on your map with the vehicle you have to steal. Once you get it, drop it at the crane to get dollars. You can ask for a different marker after x minutes in case the vehicle is being used by some jerk and you're not able to stop him and take his car.
Oreo
Game Name(s): Mikey_Meyers

Post by Oreo »

I like the OP's original ideas, they are good and should be implemented.
Dom wrote: i was going to say 'and get the fuck out' but i'm going to stop and say this line instead
make like a mother goose and get the flock outta here
mike_mocanu
Game Name(s): Michael_Mocanu

Post by mike_mocanu »

BigAssGoat wrote:We should be able to drop cars that we steal from other owners(fml if we already are). It would be cool if people didnt get to find out who's stealing their car even if they had the coolest locks because gang members are whining and making threats when other gang steals their car so it's not really worth stealing it.

My idea for dropcarring is totally different. Go to a crane and get a marker on your map with the vehicle you have to steal. Once you get it, drop it at the crane to get dollars. You can ask for a different marker after x minutes in case the vehicle is being used by some jerk and you're not able to stop him and take his car.

Very good idea too, but because of things that could happen like the car blowing up or it being taken and having to get another marker, meaning it would take much longer to successfully drop, you would get more for it.
BALLBARN
kinda dump

Post by BALLBARN »

Sounds good enough, now let's see what any other people think...
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

BALLBARN which admin are you?
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

Admin Mark Goldberg
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Terrance

Post by Terrance »

I'd say leave it, and the car/truck having 100% HP does not affect the cash you get at all
Jasper Macabio
Motlen Buddy wrote:
and don't thing you able on arabs,the small kid can fuck you ya , also we can eats you like nothing
so learn to talk with us
Saul_Silver

Post by Saul_Silver »

Satoru wrote:Why not make so that the money you get after you sell a car is as much as the respective cars insurance?
cops would drop the sultans and turismos all the time for like 25-50k. something would have to be done about those cars.
Satoru
Game Name(s): Satoru_Nakajima

Post by Satoru »

cops that exploit their powers shouldn't be cops yea
Oreo
Game Name(s): Mikey_Meyers

Post by Oreo »

Saul_Silver wrote:
cops would drop the sultans and turismos all the time for like 25-50k. something would have to be done about those cars.
Government vehicles shouldn't be allowed to be dropped then, only non-owned vehicles and housecars in my opinion.
Dom wrote: i was going to say 'and get the fuck out' but i'm going to stop and say this line instead
make like a mother goose and get the flock outta here
Saul_Silver

Post by Saul_Silver »

this would also increase the amount of people dumping beach cars in the water, waiting for a nice car to spawn. otherwise a good idea.
vikki

Post by vikki »

Ari_Papadopoulos wrote:Admin Mark Goldberg
lmao

mark goldberg owns, he never gives up
Stevie_Greco
Game Name(s): Stevie Greco

Post by Stevie_Greco »

Saul_Silver wrote:
people like you make us look bad lol..
and I think it'll be easily coded in that vehicles of the government can't be dropped.

great idea
ImageImage
Stevie_Greco - LSPD officer