Families

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Bankwell

Families

Post by Bankwell »

I originally posted this else-where, but I came to the conclusion this should probably go here as well.

Mafia/Yakuza

These would be the two organized crime families. Mafia lead by Dom, seeing as he's doing a pretty good job with it as it looks, and Yakuza being lead by somebody who can actually run it well, and would be a good competition, as far as leading is concerned, with Dom.
These factions should hold the respect that they once used to hold, and be able to produce a clean environment for the server. They are supposed to be organized crime families, not car & trunk breaking assholes who run the server because they poop sock ever so much.
For a little less admin effort - give the leaders the ability to a /leaderflag command so that they can give their LTs leaderflag. Give these factions the accent bars again [Italian] and [Asian] so there is a little more force of roleplay on them. If either of these are abused - they obviously don't belong in the factions that are supposed to hold so much respect.

Grove Street/Aztecas

These would be the street gangs, black and mexican. Since it offers both of the types of street gangs you would primarily see in the streets of a city. Both deserve to be lead by long-time members of this server, maybe Jon_Do followers, or something. Also, to give another little bit of roleplay, give Azteca's to somebody who is fluent in Spanish, but just as fluent in English.
Since these families are just as important to the family system, they should also be able to hold high respect in the server. Although, I think being the "bullies" of the server would be a more appropriate thing for them, being the "gangstas". Doing things like robberies, stick-ups, shit like that.
Give the Aztecas a [Mexican] accent, and Grove a [Gangsta] accent. Also, because a gang in real life wouldn't have a bunch of color coordinated cars, if there is any way, make the cars spawn with random colors in the car spawning area adding a little more of a role play sense.

Ballas/Vagos

These would basically be the "learning centers". If you are new, need to have training, ect. this would be the perfect place. No longer should these families be looked down upon by the PD, or other families. More or less, they should be looked at as the perfect breeding ground. Both families should be lead by multiple people who are established to the server.
The leaders should have close connection with the other leaders of the families. If a family has a new person asking to join, tell them "Join (insert family of choice here) and get the recommendation of the leaders and we'll talk". Basically it gives a purpose to actually joining these families, participating, learning, and listening to the leaders.
These leaders, again, should have the /leaderflag ability. However, keep accents out, because they were exploitable, and giving open factions and exploitable thing isn't exactly the best thing to do.

Arabs/Latvians/South Americans/BMF/Rejects

These are obviously the biggest problem in the server. If you want a RESPECTED faction, you won't let these kind of people in these families because your standards shouldn't let them be in your faction. Not saying there aren't some arabs, latvians, south americans, and BMF that couldn't make it in, but the general stereotype is that they won't.
There is a reason for /joingang. These would be, much like the rest of the "smaller gangs" in Los Angeles, unofficial. You aren't going to hear about a "black mafia families" in Los Angeles, you're going to hear about the bloods and the crips. It's basically just like that - if you can't make it into the BIG gang, if you can't be one of them, do your own thing unofficially.
Arabs should be given the Arab Taxi faction, if you're arab, why not role play what you are because you are shit and that is just that.

Other Details

Take the emphasis more away from zones and rewarding for zones. Put more of an emphasis on role playing. Families should be rewarded for role playing on a role play server, not poop socking a bunch of mats, car ramming everybody, mass logging for points and zones, and being general shitheads.
Role playing should be the lead factor in what families are the best. Role playing a fight, role playing drug deals, material deals, big jobs, shit like that.

Fix up the /families list, so it only lists these families. If there are open family slots, it'll look like open game. Even taking away the family creation forum might be a good idea if this happens.

Also, remove the skin restriction, give the Yakz and Mafia their old skins back, Grove CJ & the old guy with the green shirt, and give the Aztecas a couple more suitable skins.

I'm sure I could come up with more ideas on this, but this is just what came to mind. I think this would be a very good move for SZR to make, not only for population growth, but for a more enjoyable environment.
willio_sayen1 wrote:sadly ima magc boy
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Hippo Congruency
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Re: Families

Post by Hippo Congruency »

says you who invited elchulos in ISD???
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

Hippo Congruency wrote:says you who invited elchulos in ISD???
says me who dropped all standards for recruitment, yes. but this isn't about that at all really.
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Bensco
Game Name(s): Benni_Capelli

Post by Bensco »

Kody this is an excellent idea. I agree with this completely.
Benni Capelli
Panzerfaust
Game Name(s): Gene_Hunt Marcus_Denroy

Post by Panzerfaust »

I have to say, while part of me would miss having all the different gangs, I think this is a good plan on the whole. It allows for most possible styles of RP to be available within the main gang system, and nothing is stopping people from making unofficial gangs to their heart's content if they want something different.

The one major flaw I see with all this is that, eventually, the leaders are going to burn out, pawn off the family to someone else, and thus will begin the slide back into shit. This especially applies to the newbie gangs, since very few people are willing to put up with the unrewarding drudgery of herding utter morons and teaching them how to become good players. This has always been the case in the past and I see little to indicate that a new system would change that.

The bottom line is that we need more larger gangs rather than a patchwork of small ones being dominated by a massive few. This system, or a similar one, could quite possibly answer that need. It's not perfect, but it's better than what's going on now.

P.S. Drop the mandatory accents. This is just my opinion, but it seems like it'd get repetitive and annoying fast. Let people handle their own RP.
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Bankwell wrote:
Mafia/Yakuza

These would be the two organized crime families. Mafia lead by Dom
This is where I stopped reading and started laughing.
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

On a more serious note Mafia, Yakuza and Grove Street should not even exist. If you don't have that sort of special fun making ability(which is something that none of the current leaders has), everyone will get bored from these factions and their herro signor si si i sell spas rp.
Arabs/Latvians/South Americans
Believe it or not, they're like 90% of the szr's population and filtering them out and taking their stuff would not help at all. It's not only them, who does something wrong, though. I don't want this to turn into another argue thread so I'll just say, that unloading a whole lot of seasparrow bullets on someone's head just because he has commited a crime doesn't help at all.
Even if the gang count gets limited down to 4 or whatever, there's still going to be a bunch of people, who'll recruit the retards and do retarded stuff in order to get an advantage over other people and if that doesn't happen and everything works perfectly, then there's gonna be a bunch of people who'll get bored and do retarded stuff in order to have fun.
It's the playerbase who runs the server, not the admins, not silver leo, it's you. If you really want to change a thing, then go in game and do it because it's not going to get done by posting on the forums.
tl;dr it's not arabs' fault
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

Not saying there aren't some arabs, latvians, south americans, and BMF that couldn't make it in, but the general stereotype is that they won't.
i'm just going to highlight this.
if you can't make it into the BIG gang, if you can't be one of them, do your own thing unofficially.
and I'm going to highlight this.

This is basically a suggestion to make the server a better place. Eliminating terrible gangs, giving it a basically fresh system, and leaving 4 strong options is something I think would work very well for the server. Although they might not be creative, maybe SZR needs to drop the whole gimmick aspect of gangs, and just give it a go with the four most reasonable families.
If I actually had the power to do something about the families, I would. The people may run things like this in the server, but only if you have the power to, and quiet frankly, I am not one of those people. That's why I am making this suggestion.

edit: I also want to thank you for not trying to turn this into another argument thread. I am making this suggestion in serious context to maybe get this server to have a better gang system (which is really basically what this game ends up being about).
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

Panzerfaust wrote:I have to say, while part of me would miss having all the different gangs, I think this is a good plan on the whole. It allows for most possible styles of RP to be available within the main gang system, and nothing is stopping people from making unofficial gangs to their heart's content if they want something different.

The one major flaw I see with all this is that, eventually, the leaders are going to burn out, pawn off the family to someone else, and thus will begin the slide back into shit. This especially applies to the newbie gangs, since very few people are willing to put up with the unrewarding drudgery of herding utter morons and teaching them how to become good players. This has always been the case in the past and I see little to indicate that a new system would change that.

The bottom line is that we need more larger gangs rather than a patchwork of small ones being dominated by a massive few. This system, or a similar one, could quite possibly answer that need. It's not perfect, but it's better than what's going on now.

P.S. Drop the mandatory accents. This is just my opinion, but it seems like it'd get repetitive and annoying fast. Let people handle their own RP.
I was leading Ballas at the beginning of the wipe, but there wasn't much reason to be leading it at the time. The current leader is working on getting me the leader flag again to help him out with things. I think the way I have the public gangs highlighted here, more or less as a training camp/recruitment ground for the bigger families, will keep the leaders busy, rather than bored because there's nobody to teach/help.
Yeah, the accents aren't manditory, but atleast give them the option of turning on an accent for when they do want to roleplay or whatever.
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Miquel Lacoste
Game Name(s): Miquel_Lacoste

Post by Miquel Lacoste »

BigAssGoat wrote:On a more serious note Mafia, Yakuza and Grove Street should not even exist. If you don't have that sort of special fun making ability(which is something that none of the current leaders has), everyone will get bored from these factions and their herro signor si si i sell spas rp.
Believe it or not, they're like 90% of the szr's population and filtering them out and taking their stuff would not help at all. It's not only them, who does something wrong, though. I don't want this to turn into another argue thread so I'll just say, that unloading a whole lot of seasparrow bullets on someone's head just because he has commited a crime doesn't help at all.
Even if the gang count gets limited down to 4 or whatever, there's still going to be a bunch of people, who'll recruit the retards and do retarded stuff in order to get an advantage over other people and if that doesn't happen and everything works perfectly, then there's gonna be a bunch of people who'll get bored and do retarded stuff in order to have fun.
It's the playerbase who runs the server, not the admins, not silver leo, it's you. If you really want to change a thing, then go in game and do it because it's not going to get done by posting on the forums.
Shakcc

Post by Shakcc »

What da fak is dis about faking Latvians? They are shit or what????
I think that they are not.
Tony_B
Game Name(s): Tony_Banananas

Post by Tony_B »

Support as I said before, but just 2 gangs is enough, wars will be funnier, point would last longer?

About LT's like having one for different timezones
Tony_Bonanno
The German Organization - The Agency's Gauleiter
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

BigAssGoat wrote: It's the playerbase who runs the server, not the admins, not silver leo, it's you.
When have I ever claimed to run anything? I avoid it in fact. You need to get a new hobby instead of using me as a counter-argument in each of your post's.
Tony_B
Game Name(s): Tony_Banananas

Post by Tony_B »

Silver_Leo wrote:
BigAssGoat wrote: It's the playerbase who runs the server, not the admins, not silver leo, it's you.
When have I ever claimed to run anything? I avoid it in fact. You need to get a new hobby instead of using me as a counter-argument in each of your post's.
Maybe he loves you?
Tony_Bonanno
The German Organization - The Agency's Gauleiter
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Silver_Leo wrote: When have I ever claimed to run anything? I avoid it in fact. You need to get a new hobby instead of using me as a counter-argument in each of your post's.
I thought you were smart enough to understand the fact that I was giving an example of a powerful szr superstar person and I never said you claimed something like that.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Pps are lazy to unistall their mods, Arabs don't know how to install mods yet. Cool ppls playing in servers that alloying mods, arabs playing in Szr that aint allow mods, but faggotry.
╔══╗♪
║██║ ♫ ♫
║(●)║
╚══╝
.ılı.-------Volume-------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min●- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
Never stop the music!
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

The Captain wrote:Pps are lazy to unistall their mods, Arabs don't know how to install mods yet. Cool ppls playing in servers that alloying mods, arabs playing in Szr that aint allow mods, but faggotry.
Mods don't have anything to do with this discussion.
Is it at all possible for you people to maintain the subject at hand?
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Hippo Congruency
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Hippo Congruency »

Miquel Lacoste wrote:
BigAssGoat wrote:On a more serious note Mafia, Yakuza and Grove Street should not even exist. If you don't have that sort of special fun making ability(which is something that none of the current leaders has), everyone will get bored from these factions and their herro signor si si i sell spas rp.
kotmatroskin
Game Name(s): Frank_Guinevere

Post by kotmatroskin »

thats a good summary. not as good as one of i could have written, but i'm not in the mood so you can go for it. Blow job
Image~
Andrew_David
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Game Name(s): Andrew_David

Post by Andrew_David »

Hippo Congruency wrote:
Miquel Lacoste wrote:
Yea this is true, but there are some dump people who doesn't care about the good things who another players does and all that effort goes down, we must to give the real value of SZR, the same than years ago, we must to stop being so faggots posting gay shit and retarded opinions about another post, if all these people keep doing shits we never will have a good server again (not saying szr is bad), that is my opinion.
Infernus Club #1
[00:01:50] ** Newbie Donald_Hamburger: I hear you coding now, you think you can take people's jobs motherfucker? Huh?! **
John Reed

Post by John Reed »

Andrew_David wrote:and retarded opinions , that is my opinion.
Rockefeller

Post by Rockefeller »

Everyone talks about the golden times, the people of the golden times talk about the golden times, so on so on.
$$ Rockefeller $$
jimmy_jakens
Donut Chaser
Game Name(s): Sammy_Salsa

Post by jimmy_jakens »

Rockefeller wrote:Everyone talks about the golden times, the people of the golden times talk about the golden times, so on so on.
thinking of them makes me want to cry :'(
Copzor Sammy_Salsa

(ಠ_ಠ)
Rachael wrote:szr.shithou.se
Rachael wrote: [edit] actually forget that idea its dumb
[edit][edit] players are dumb
Duane_Denroy

Post by Duane_Denroy »

Yeah I remember back when someone would die at a point and say "Damn, well it was a good fight." not "OMFG HACKER N OOB!!"
Nelson_Green
Game Name(s): Sasuki_Yamazaki

Post by Nelson_Green »

Duane_Denroy wrote:Yeah I remember back when someone would die at a point and say "Damn, well it was a good fight." not "OMFG HACKER N OOB!!"
I blame arabs for all of this. Becouse of them old times are gone. :cry: