(Server Rules)Death match and wars

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Mariano Agate
keep your distance i'm a carrier

(Server Rules)Death match and wars

Post by Mariano Agate »

Well SZR have been around for a while, but we all have to admit it turns into a DM fest sometimes. We could have a light RP server but with rules more implemented.

Gang Wars
A gang war usually starts by some conflict about something two families didn't agree or something happened. Wars actually affect the server population, it could be postive or in a negative way.

For example: Two gangs are in war, another one joins so now numbers are not even. The two gangs kill the gang until they decide to log, 5 gang members less mean 5 players less. In a player base like ours, 5 could mean a lot. If we can maintain players online, the more players will join the server and the community. Adding a few rules could really change things.

Gang War Rules
-Keeping families balanced, if two families want to team up then the opposite sides has to have another family on their side- Avoid having gangs 2+ vs 1.

-Outnumbered and not being able to defend their-selves- If a low rank gets on and he gets chased by a rival gang when they are 5 of them will make him log off. Rival gang could attack but only if he/she attacks first.

Wars are now until a family dies out, well that was a huge effect on the server's population. Keeping people online actually gets more people to stay on the server, which would end in more fun. Rules can really make a huge change and they are reasonable.

Note: RK is allowed, but remember new people won't stay for long after they are being killed again, again, then again. Let's try to pull some players in.
DUMB IDIOT 2

Re: (Server Rules)Death match and wars

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

Disallowing 2 vs 1 wars is dumb as hell - either don't piss off everyone or make allies, simple as that

And why do you think wars don't end? Could it be because of the almighty "sicilians never back down" bullshit you keep saying?

Get your own shit in line first.
Mariano Agate

Post by Mariano Agate »

It has nothing to do with any problems. Let's discuss about how to help boost the server's population.

Let's face it, in the past years. Most of the wars are until a gang is gone, greifing people out is not the best way. I'm trying to come up with ideas to contain players in the server.
The way wars work right now is just not pulling it out. Don't start with the pointing fingers, it's a suggestions section. Post of suggestions or comment about the suggestion.

Now about your argument about not allowing such thing, having 2 or more gangs against one ends up in a trippy way the whole gang ends up logging for the day. If a gang could take care of one gang to even things up. With our low player base, it's hard to make allies. Having a few gangs on then griefing one off is what kills the server, in my opinion.

PS:Show me when I ever said that. PM it to me, don't shit this thread.
simon_bg
Game Name(s): some mexican dude

Post by simon_bg »

This morning 8 grove kept attacking 3 bikers over and over. How's that for an answer to your idiotic walls of text. Seriously get to the point quicker cause i feel like im the only one reading your shit and i've almost given up.
Hope Vince gets that ring in Dallas.
Mariano Agate

Post by Mariano Agate »

The fact that I wasn't around, I'm not main shot caller of those moments. Such rules of course would affect Grove too. That's my argument, forming part of the Grove leadership I would encourage our members not to do it.

"If he can do it, I will too" That is a kiddish thing people go around doing. Grow up people, let's stop pointing fingers and work on making the server less stupid. I'm doing my part, are you?
Last edited by Mariano Agate on December 14th, 2010, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon_bg
Game Name(s): some mexican dude

Post by simon_bg »

By the way there are some rules about the outnumbering already, but I've hardly seen them be enforced or there's some "if"s to those rules.
Hope Vince gets that ring in Dallas.
Mariano Agate

Post by Mariano Agate »

That's my point, if they already exist they need to be enforced. We need active gangs, to add population.
Hippo Congruency

Post by Hippo Congruency »

you shouldnt be allowed to scam level 1's or level 2's, level 1's and level 2's shouldnt be allowed to scam others either, and RKing level 1's-2's should not be allowed
As for wars it is lame when it is 2 gangs on one, it indeed causes people to log off, but it shouldnt be against the rules.. You just shouldnt be allowed to go like 4 on 1 like usually, or 10 on 4. Make it even and also someone should start some fkn RP war because all those ooc bitchfest wars are getting lame, an RP war is organizing battles between families and ofcourse keeping it IC, and also not outnumbering them but keeping it even, right now its just people killing you going to your HQ and keep killing you, and when you finally are able to escape they come find you and kill you over and over and over till you finally log because you are just sitting in hospital
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

There's a thing called buying out of a war you can't win instead of running your faction into the ground because your ego won't allow you to lose
Mariano Agate

Post by Mariano Agate »

I've seen happen many times, some people won't just take a word from a gang saying they can't fight but the opposition won't until they /quitfaction. The way things work right now is either one gang is active and the opposition inactive or the other way around. I believe keeping people on would change things. The current way we run wars have been there for months, is it helping the population and the activity of gangs? No, our player base is still the same.

Another thing, buying out of a war. I've seen gangs jumping in a war since a side a heavily losing having the opposition pay. It's a sneaky way to gain money.
Fighting even wars are way better, believe me.
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

As I said:

Ally with someone to make them even - is it really that hard to comprehend? And besides you said it's about having a fun war, so why not drop a few mil and hire a gang to use as dumb muscle - seeing as this is so entertaining for you.
Mariano Agate

Post by Mariano Agate »

As I said, gangs sometimes won't have that option of allying with someone with such low player base. I'm pretty sure MagC have been there before, allying is not always the best option. It's just opening another door for outnumber fest killing. Let's try to have more active gang around, then we talk about that option. 20 players on, people banging 5 people with 14. Those 5 would have to log, as not many people to ally with.

Not all gang leaders think like you, having such rules would avoid things for the future and would outline a path for better wars.
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

You're telling me there are only 3 gangs on this server at most.

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you.
Mariano Agate

Post by Mariano Agate »

I'm giving just an example of how things sometimes end, I'm not giving you a number of how many people are around. There are more, no shit. Not all of them are always on.

You're telling me chasing a gang member all day until they log is the best way to handle things around? Don't tell you've never been on when only two gangs are active.
Maybe it's not like that in your time zone, but the server wasn't just meant for you.

I'm telling you spreading a few lives while having a lot of my side would have a positive effect, new players join according to how many players they see on.
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

It's because moronic gangmen insta-log as soon as the numbers drop below a point where they have an advantage, chill in vent/x-fire until more jerks get on, and then get online with reinforcements, instead of actually fighting back using strategy. You know who you are you god damn pussies. Hint: you're not Mandy Caruana and aren't going to drop 3 dudes by yourself using an sdpistol.

edit: I just realized that I overlooked the ingenius tactic currently used by grove - chill in burgershot with shotguns for hours on end while one dude chickenruns outside trying to cause FF
Mariano Agate

Post by Mariano Agate »

Alex_Zaytsev wrote:It's because moronic gangmen insta-log as soon as the numbers drop below a point where they have an advantage, chill in vent/x-fire until more jerks get on, and then get online with reinforcements, instead of actually fighting back using strategy. You know who you are you god damn pussies. Hint: you're not Mandy Caruana and aren't going to drop 3 dudes by yourself using an sdpistol.
You just gave me another example of why implement these rules. Let's say you're on, it's late night and no one in your gang is on. Your opposition is hanging on vent not logging on until it's just you. Having such rules won't give them any other choice but stay on, because banging you when you outnumbered is gay. Having them on would help with people staying on, more people on more businesses to do.

PS:Why you keep bringing Grove? I'm talking in general finding options to boost the server's player base. Come on, pretend I'm not Danilo while dealing with suggestions.
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

If Moe City started posting suggestions on how to curb exploits - would you take him seriously?
Mariano Agate

Post by Mariano Agate »

If the post was giving reasonable ideas, yes. I don't see why not.

Your post are just based on our war, what the hell does the clucking bell tactic have to do with numbers? It's a defensive tactic. Stick to the topic or shut up.
Last edited by Mariano Agate on December 15th, 2010, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khamal Tafari
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!
Game Name(s): Khamal_Tafari

Post by Khamal Tafari »

~alex rests his case~
Jon_Sheet wrote:Dice , can you just shutup , i'm not talking with you rage , retard dump jerk
Andrew_David wrote:speaks clearly witch, do you like as i do ?
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

Yeah pretty much
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Why would you expect an effort from the admins, when they can barely enforce the current rules. They can't baby sit you around all the time. If you want to be all RP be all RP. Ironically it's grove members, who are mostly arabs and break the rules all the time.
RaulG

Post by RaulG »

BigAssGoat wrote:Why would you expect an effort from the admins, when they can barely enforce the current rules. They can't baby sit you around all the time. If you want to be all RP be all RP. Ironically it's grove members, who are mostly arabs and break the rules all the time.
Duane_Denroy

Post by Duane_Denroy »

I've always found the best way to end a war is for both leaders to go 1 v 1, the loser pays the winner.
PatrickStewart
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by PatrickStewart »

I believe people have been warned before for killing someone over and over and demanding that they /quitfaction
That's not really RP at all
Patrick_Stewart - SANews Network Executive
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

None of these problems occurred back in the day because we had smart, reasonable gang leaders who respected each other OOC and understood it was just a game.

Point battles, not gang wars, are supposed to be the profitable fights and the center of most conflicts. If these don't pay enough maybe that's our fault.

We also never asked for these giant sums of cash to end a war, that's adding insult to injury, providing a huge disincentive to surrender, and making the gang you beat resent you forever so if they get a chance they'll hop on the next "blue" to your "red" in an alliance war.

Disallowing surrender payments, in cases of gang war and individual conflict, has been a soft rule for a while but we haven't enforced it. It may be something that comes up in the future.