Buying Cars

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
Feeny_Wright

Buying Cars

Post by Feeny_Wright »

I've got enough money to buy a car, but I'm unsure about what it involves. What I mean by this is, what do you get when you purchase the car?

Can you not lock it, because you need a locksmith to do that? Does this mean that the car can be stolen from you?

How do I park it? Do I need a house to park it in, or will it be safe even if I don't have a house?

simon199

Re: Buying Cars

Post by simon199 »

With the new car system all cars whether new or old now have the /lock command which makes it so that no one can enter your vehicle. You can unlock it with the /unlock command. You just have to be near the car to use those commands.
Getting locks installed from a locksmith will protect people from hot-wiring your car if they so happen to get in it. But if your engine is on when the car jacker gets in it he doesn't have to go through the hot-wiring process because the car is on(Basically meaning he can just drive off in your car). When the car is locked your locks installed by the locksmith will come in affect. The higher level locks the more time it will take the car jacker to hotwire it.
To park your car I do not believe you need a house but I would suggest you rent one. There is a standard parking area for people who don't own houses. I am not sure if the area was updated yet, it might be located in Fort Carson still if it was not changed. Just type "/v setpark" to set a parking position. This will only work in the standard parking place for people without a car or near your house that you are renting.

I would never consider a car safe when its not parked.
Simon Bellamy - Special Agent