Grenades

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Valentino

Re: Grenades and Rocket Launchers

Post by Valentino »

Juke wrote:grenades can kill dudes in interiors through walls. rockets are too good.

molotovs might be ok though
Molotovs are overpowered and fire is bugged so you can avoid taking damage from it. Grenades would be fine, really.
Valentino

Re: Grenades

Post by Valentino »

Removed Rocket Launchers from the suggestion.

Having a maximum of 3 grenades on you at a time would be good. It's hard to actually use them in close quarters combat, they would only be good for use in interiors and taking out large crowds of people.

They would be semi-expensive.
Boris_Stoyanov

Post by Boris_Stoyanov »

I love the flashbang and the bomb suggestion because interior campers are annoying thats true, Grenades are fine, it can easily be a waste of money and they won't be like 500B or something atleast like 5000A for a grenade or something like that. They aren't so good, if you can dodge a grenade you have easily just wasted that guy's $50,000 so grenades would be cool, but Rocket Launchers i guess that needs to be very expensive because you can just aim it anywhere and kill everyone in an interior, but with grenades you can't make them go exactly where you want outside, Also people will think twice before camping an interior.
Lockie_Fantico
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Game Name(s): Lockie_Fantico

Post by Lockie_Fantico »

I like this suggestion but no doubt it'll get squashed by the horde of unbelievers like my make every civilian faction a job idea :ashobon: Perhaps some kind of timer is required to balance it, such as getting stuck in a 'pulling the pin' animation as you cook the nade for 3 seconds with an emote * Valentino_Ciro pulls the pin on a grenade! to let everyone know.
aron9forever

Post by aron9forever »

Chris Hansen wrote:
Silver_Leo wrote: miniguns for everyone
:neck:
this weak troll is also known as Jake Parlor you fuckers
i post worthless shit right hippo?
LaPaza

Post by LaPaza »

Grenades = DEATHMATCH
The King is not dead !!!
Montel_Chilliams
Donut Chaser

Post by Montel_Chilliams »

lol, szr = tdm + light rp whenever we think someone's watching.

Let's do more math problems.
aron9forever wrote:i am a big jerk and i usually act dumb
What did we learn here? you suck more than me :dogout:
aron9forever

Post by aron9forever »

i love being in people's signatures
best advertise, and it's free

back to the grenade and dm thing, maybe add paintball or something with all this shit but making them available to buy ...
what's next, jetpacks?
Valentino

Post by Valentino »

aron9forever wrote:i love being in people's signatures

back to the grenade and dm thing, maybe add paintball or something with all this shit but making them available to buy ...
what's next, jetpacks?
Get the fuck out of this thread and stop posting, you're pretty horrible at it.

Anyway grenades would own, saying that they would increase deathmatch is rediculous as they would be expensive and if you don't have a good situation to use them in they're worthless.
LaPaza

Post by LaPaza »

Valentino wrote:

what's next, jetpacks?

Anyway grenades would own, saying that they would increase deathmatch is rediculous as they would be expensive and if you don't have a good situation to use them in they're worthless.
Are you retarded ? seriously now ?
The King is not dead !!!
Aaron_Triggs
keep your distance i'm a carrier
Game Name(s): Aaron_Triggs

Post by Aaron_Triggs »

LaPaza wrote:
Valentino wrote:

what's next, jetpacks?

Are you retarded ? seriously now ?
Says the guy who is in the "couldn't keep my mouth shut in unban me now I can't post there at all" usergroup and created a new forum account to avoid it. But yeah, you should seriously stop posting also bro.

Anways yeah, I don't really see a problem with grenades if they're expensive, like 50k for a set of 3 frag grenades or something. It'll make the combat field a bit more diffrent causing people trying there best not to stick in big groups and spread out more and also possibly ruin the endless drivebys for people that just want to have a fair fight on the ground.
Kagawa_Takahashi
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): Kagawai_Takahashi

Post by Kagawa_Takahashi »

Not entirely sure if it works the same with all weapons.

But its possible to change the damage of weapons to make them do more damage to set player or less. I don't really see a problem with either Rockets/Grenades if there ammo is restricted.

Also why don't you just make it like the Snipers? So they can't be lockered, it would stop being hording them.
Ryo *Crybaby* Hiroki
havent seen a great gang, yakuza is pretty shit too. everyone is pretty shit thats why they are playing games, thats what you do.
aron9forever

Post by aron9forever »

Aaron_Triggs wrote:Anways yeah, I don't really see a problem with grenades if they're expensive, like 50k for a set of 3 frag grenades or something. It'll make the combat field a bit more diffrent causing people trying there best not to stick in big groups and spread out more and also possibly ruin the endless drivebys for people that just want to have a fair fight on the ground.
okay here's the deal. let's meet up on a dm server, and if you manage to damage my sultan with a grenade in 2 minutes ill give you 500k ingame money.
deal?

seriously man, stop bringing retarded arguments like wah wah drivebys the /repair has already changed drivebys as you call them don't last much.
also the radius of the grenade is not so big, i doubt people stay that close together in fights without lagshooting themselves.
the only thing i can imagine is someone throwing grenades from a roof in to the newbie spawn for fun, knowing that stuff like that already happens with rifles and shit
Aaron_Triggs
keep your distance i'm a carrier
Game Name(s): Aaron_Triggs

Post by Aaron_Triggs »

aron9forever wrote:
Aaron_Triggs wrote:Anways yeah, I don't really see a problem with grenades if they're expensive, like 50k for a set of 3 frag grenades or something. It'll make the combat field a bit more diffrent causing people trying there best not to stick in big groups and spread out more and also possibly ruin the endless drivebys for people that just want to have a fair fight on the ground.
okay here's the deal. let's meet up on a dm server, and if you manage to damage my sultan with a grenade in 2 minutes ill give you 500k ingame money.
deal?

seriously man, stop bringing retarded arguments like wah wah drivebys the /repair has already changed drivebys as you call them don't last much.
also the radius of the grenade is not so big, i doubt people stay that close together in fights without lagshooting themselves.
the only thing i can imagine is someone throwing grenades from a roof in to the newbie spawn for fun, knowing that stuff like that already happens with rifles and shit
Holy fuck where is this coming from, retarted arguments? I was just listing little stuff what the grenades can POSSIBLY be used for. Anyways the whole fucking server shouldn't be standing around at newbie spawn you jerk, that was the main problem with Fort Carson! All people mostly did was stand on the same main strip doing nothing really. It's actually pretty hard to damage people's cars like Freddo Brazzi because they lagg like shit and swerve around so it's even harder to actually shoot them, and when you get their car to like 500HP they just drive off to a PNS. Oh, and yeah Jake Parlor I really want to take the time for 500k IG to go on a DM server with you.
Boris_Stoyanov

Post by Boris_Stoyanov »

I went on a Countre-Strike server [the one on samp] and people there spawn with low health, i made it so i spawn with 1 grenade there and 90procent of the time the grenade didn't do anything, they're so easy to dodge, you just have to stay aware and not be suprised in the back with grenades; but you can suprise anyone with a gun in the back, it'll be the same. Grenades are good because they will add more strategy in the game and make people try harder instead of rushing in with shotguns and crack shooting the guy out.
aron9forever

Post by aron9forever »

Boris_Stoyanov wrote:Grenades are good because they will add more strategy in the game and make people try harder instead of rushing in with shotguns and crack shooting the guy out.
if you didn't realize yet, szr players usually take the easiest way and use as little :effort: as possible.
strategy fun cmon people you are not in 2008 anymore.
DUMB IDIOT 2

Post by DUMB IDIOT 2 »

you're a literal shitheel. first you whine about how shit is so bad now and how boring szr is, and then you try to stick your shitty opinion into a suggestion which might make a difference to combat on this server, which happens to be the most popular activity on here.

you even say that the grenades are useless, so what would be the problem with adding them? besides, if the population really has a shitfit and cries they can be taken out by catlady at any given time.

basically fuck off forever
Montel_Chilliams
Donut Chaser

Post by Montel_Chilliams »

Grenades are good for dueling, you can use them to control your opponent. If you're being shot at by a spas or something. Toss a quick grenade at them, then shoot after because you know your opponent will run away. If you're lucky you can stun them with your shotty and hope they're close enough to the blast.
aron9forever wrote:i am a big jerk and i usually act dumb
What did we learn here? you suck more than me :dogout:
aron9forever

Post by aron9forever »

or just keep fighting and kill the spasser because it's pretty easy with this lag

whatever add grenades then i don't give a shit
Robbie Jay
Game Name(s): Robbie_Jay

Post by Robbie Jay »

aron9forever wrote: the only thing i can imagine is someone throwing grenades from a roof in to the newbie spawn for fun, knowing that stuff like that already happens with rifles and shit
This guy is right, you nerds will just use it to grief people, i wouldn't be surprised if you'd use them on people roleplaying too...
Grenades can be fun but yet another advantage to the almighty poopsockers...
Molotovs would be cool but i think they can be exploited way too much.

Why not make an automated event that goes up every 8 hours that can reward you with 2 grenades or a rocket launcher with 1 ammo (not the heat seeking one) . Something like a truck or van or something spawning somewhere every 8 hours and people having to steal it and bring it from A to B in like 20-30 minutes tops . Everybody could participate and would have to keep stealing the truck from eachother. If the truck gets destroyed it respawns back to the place where it first was and people would have to go get it back .
John_Woody
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): John_Woody

Post by John_Woody »

Grenades would be awesome. RPGs would suck, if you cbug them, they don't fire rockets on yur screen but they do for others, so you can just shoot everyone around you without even risking being hit by your own explosion + you don't loose ammo.
aron9forever

Post by aron9forever »

John_Woody wrote:Grenades would be awesome. RPGs would suck, if you cbug them, they don't fire rockets on yur screen but they do for others, so you can just shoot everyone around you without even risking being hit by your own explosion + you don't loose ammo.
thanks i didn't know
Admiral_Ackbar

Post by Admiral_Ackbar »

Duane_Denroy wrote:How the hell would Rachael code a flashbang?
It's been done in SA MP
Why don't you KNOCK IT OFF with them NEGATIVE WAVES?
Valentino

Post by Valentino »

John_Woody wrote:if you cbug them, they don't fire rockets on yur screen but they do for others, so you can just shoot everyone around you without even risking being hit by your own explosion + you don't loose ammo.
Even an ameature scripter like myself knows that you can easily avoid this happening.
Robbie Jay wrote:
aron9forever wrote: the only thing i can imagine is someone throwing grenades from a roof in to the newbie spawn for fun, knowing that stuff like that already happens with rifles and shit
This guy is right, you nerds will just use it to grief people, i wouldn't be surprised if you'd use them on people roleplaying too...
Grenades can be fun but yet another advantage to the almighty poopsockers...
Molotovs would be cool but i think they can be exploited way too much.

Why not make an automated event that goes up every 8 hours that can reward you with 2 grenades or a rocket launcher with 1 ammo (not the heat seeking one) . Something like a truck or van or something spawning somewhere every 8 hours and people having to steal it and bring it from A to B in like 20-30 minutes tops . Everybody could participate and would have to keep stealing the truck from eachother. If the truck gets destroyed it respawns back to the place where it first was and people would have to go get it back .
No this is a horrible suggestion. And also they will be too expensive for people to just waste them, I think you're hating on the idea without actually looking at any good points that might come out of having them.
Robbie Jay
Game Name(s): Robbie_Jay

Post by Robbie Jay »

Valentino wrote: No this is a horrible suggestion. And also they will be too expensive for people to just waste them, I think you're hating on the idea without actually looking at any good points that might come out of having them.
I'd love to see a more constructive answer on the "is a horrible suggestion" part. Also I'm not "hating" on the idea, I'm just trying to point out how this being implemented might affect the server. What you suggested sounds like a too easy way of getting grenades and/or rocket launchers since poopsockers would probably use their stashes and/or poopsock for a day to strap all their friends with these things so they can grief people around.
My suggestion just makes these things harder to get and makes it fun gaining them too (removing poopsockery) .
But than again i guess we're arguing about nothing here since there's already a new gamemode under development (probably) and everything will change..So i say wait for changes to be made before you suggest anything... Rachael is already working on that gamemode, so there's no need in adding new things to this one until that one is done...
Rachael wrote:re-writing factions / families into one system
re-writing points
re-writing gun dealing to eliminate mat runs
re-writing skills to take the emphasis off poopsocking
re-writing housecars making them simpler again
re-writing paychecks