Just throwing them out there.

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Elmer_Fudd
Donut Chaser

Just throwing them out there.

Post by Elmer_Fudd »

An overhaul, a different system, a hybrid if you will.

I believe there should be two major gangs that have major influence over how things are ran. Mafia and Yakuza. These should be ran trusted people with good knowledge of the game, role-playing and can type well. These gangs have "sub-gangs" starting with 2 at first and expanding later if need be. Such as the Sicilian Mafia having La Costa Nostra and The Cammora as their sub-gangs (Just an example). These are smaller gangs but play a big part. You should not hear about Mafia and Yakuza being in as much crime related incidents. They are considered secret societies.

Public gangs should be a choice that you can pick when you log in to the server (Civilian/Ballas/Vagos)... we need good public gang leaders, that know the game from front to back and who can actually help new players. DMing shouldn't be endorsed but I do believe however gang wars should happen frequently between the public gangs. This will gradually teach new players, Role-playing makes the game better whilst you still get to be a ruthless gangster. These two leaders should know not to make alliances... they should constantly plan/stage out events they will have for their members. Role-played server-wide staged events should be done almost daily to keep everyone interested. Possibly having a leaders only forum to discuss these events. Public Gangs should also have 1 point they can take over and control that pops every 2 days or so. Only Public Gangs can take over this point.

I also think ALL names should be black in color, so you can't see their name by a quick glance; that's including the police. So night battles and well shaded areas may require more tactic to tell who's near you.

Money is the root of all evil it seems, people with too much time on their hands make it rich as the one hour player is still the bum. We need a system where poopsockers actually help the non-poopsockers, but, where poopsockers still feel inclined to poopsock. A barter system of some kind.

One of my proposals...

Businesses

I know these have been tried out in the past and never really work out, though I have played a few servers over the years where they were on the right idea but it was needing work.

There should be 6 businesses within the game (2 of every business). These can be owned by gangs or buy wealthy individuals with their own entourages. Each business has a cargo space of 3,000 crates.

Once the business is purchased cargo trucks spawn out back (Cargo trucks can hold 500 crates and any other vehicle can hold 200 crates). Material crates spawn in random places (changing coords of the random places every few weeks), but still in a set area so it's not far travels from the nearest gang grabbing materials, while in the truck it scans a 100 yard or so radius and when you get close to these materials you get a message telling you are near some materials. These aren't out in the open but near doors and houses. 5 crates gained every 1 second, this allows time for other gangs to come take over the truck or blow it up, or allows you to call for help.

Each business has different crates, so you could be stealing or blowing up a truck full of materials that you don't even need (blowing up a truck with materials gives you only half of the materials). Each gang owns a storage house for stolen materials that can hold 1000 crates; these materials can be converted into any material based on a set time (Allowing people to have time to steal it if they can find it). Stolen goods storage houses have entrances that go to random storage buildings near the gangs hideout (to avoid exploiting the entrances), any player (even civilians) can rob these by placing a vehicle over the entrance for a set amount of time; alerting the gang with a marker first (if they purchased an alarm) as soon as it happens and then police (automatic /su) after 30 seconds. 3 crates every 1 second if you're robbing. (Stealing still gives you mixed materials based on how many were converted) Materials maybe be converted into anything, including job materials. Businesses can also be robbed to keep people from monopolizing the markets.

Civilians garages can not be robbed, but, they only have a storage hold of 360 crates.

Businesses lose crates when members of that business use them or someone purchases something from their store, and being robbed. Both Gang and Sub-gang leaders have complete control over how a business is handled, but the Main Gang can lock sub-gang leaders out of certain control if need be. Store inventory is based on storage inventory, anything that is bought in the store get deducted from the storage inventory.

Take-downs (Maybe or maybe not)
If the business hits under 30% storage inventory everyone in a gang will be alerted that the business is able to be taken over, but no markers are placed on the map unless you know where that business is. To take over the business you will need to kill the owner(s) inside the building or a small radius outside of the building; due to black names this can be very complicated to figure out who the owner is. Once the owner is dead, the remaining inventory can be hauled back to the winners storage, a /clear(or something) can be made on the business and it can be made to be re-bought again. When you first buy a business it don't become takeable until you meet 50% and get brought back down to 30%.

Ammu-nations, 24/7's and Car Dealerships at first each with their own specific materials I believe would be the best bet unless restaurant food is trackable and can be put under the same principle, if not creating food like things and fixing a new marker over the existing ones to create the illusion.

Points and the current systems will still stay. Arms Dealers and Mat Handlers should merge back into one... they will still be needed because they can make things cheaper then the businesses sell them for. This mainly gives something gangs can be more involved in. Yet because the Ammu-nations run off of cargo stock; you can run out of inventory quick and players will be forced to find Arms Dealers when the business owner closes the store.

Having Car Dealerships require a stock, it makes the car dealership use an inventory of vehicles based on their materials... it makes buying cars more hard to come by and one store could have "better" cars then the other, making one gang have more power then the other, making people want to rob that business for sabotage of the gangs infrastructure. A food chain so to speak.

No one gang can control the same two businesses, however a "/movebusiness" can be placed on the business that you have taken over if you think that is a better location for profit.

Another check could be put in place that removes like 1-10 crates every hour or two, so people will need to close their stores and resupply before they're able to be taken over.

If it's possible make checks on the radius that checks all new players entering the "zone" if that player leaves the zone he is counted "dead" when no new players enter the zone after the first one enters it can be reclaimed by the original owner after a minute or two, so people can't zerg businesses.

The gang who lost the business can then rebuy the business if the gang has the money.

One-sidedness can occur but with the mix of Civilians being able to take over these businesses also, I believe it could work out pretty well.

(A little more thought can be put into this but this is the jist of it)

The dropcar system is really old and I think a few minor tweaks could be done to make it more of a "job". Typing /dropcar places a marker on a unmanned vehicle, by getting into the marked car with the /dropcar command on it places a automatic /su Stolen Vehicle on you and the new marker appears; each "drop zone" is random, such as the pier and the shipyard.

This will make people not want to poopsock it as much because there is a risk, but also it will give it that feel of actually stealing a car.

I believe the Mercenary Job is in need of a little tweaking. I believe they should be able to rob peoples pockets and trunks. They should also get a /contractlist and everything a Hitman would have minus the guns and cars and all that. /find and /autofind should be taken off the Mercenary... Instead, can be used by buying a GPS in a 24/7 (I know a GPS isn't so 80's but I believe this allows more social interaction for people who don't wanna go mercenary.) That's basically what a Mercenary is in real-life.

More role-playing commands would be neat, like /knockout, /drag, /throw. (Had a good FS back in the day of really good scripts like this I'll try to find again.)

People over the 1 million dollar mark should pay higher taxes to the city. The Lottery should be brought back and a ticket should be purchased from a 24/7 and all funds removed from the players for city taxes should be used as the lottery money.

I believe things should have more risk involved with them when the police are present. As it is now, Police Intervention isn't a worry anymore like it should be. They believe that if they're doing something like a points battle they are safe. I believe point battles should have a timer on it that if it's not taken over after 15-20 minutes the police are called in and can intervene. Causing that point to "lockout" or something along those lines.

Remove lockers completely and make it about trunks and things that can be either robbed or confiscated. Who puts a M4, Shotgun, Pistols... gun barrels and stocks in a locker? That's a hella huge locker... unless they're a terrorist of course.

This is a long but miniature list of ideas that I have for SZR; I got to go now though, I'll continue to add to this.
Last edited by Elmer_Fudd on June 23rd, 2011, 2:00 pm, edited 10 times in total.
I tawk wif a wisp.

Piwey
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Re: Just throwing them out there.

Post by Piwey »

This are all actually pretty good suggestions.
Tony "Motherfucking" Buttanus((Hanzo Hasashi))
Guiseppi Rossi
Long live Jack Not Sparrow
Ron

Post by Ron »

i like most of it
spurt of splooge to the eye
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

I also think ALL names should be black in color, so you can't see their name by a quick glance; that's including the police. So night battles and well shaded areas may require more tactic to tell who's near you.
This is actually an interesting idea, sort of an upgrade from the old "Everyone should have white names" argument.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Dig_Bicks
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!

Post by Dig_Bicks »

Can someone make a TL:DR version, tia.
[16:45] <mrado> Nutt3rz: can i have naked pictures of you

[15:53]** Drummer Jhonny_Mclanne: Who knoes Gia_Sorrentino **
[15:53]** Drummer Jhonny_Mclanne: He fuckign Pwns **
Siente_MiPolla wrote:This topic sucks and yall can go furnicate yourself.
Darnell_Denroy

Post by Darnell_Denroy »

I like everything but the black name thing. Its just way to boring to look at when you're playing.
Julius Fontain
Level: 5
Magnolia Crew
Rachael wrote:Moe city was a special case, pretty much added for target practice.
Herb_von_Toker wrote:Are you trying to claim that we work? Fuuuuuuuuck
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

Darnell_Denroy wrote:I like everything but the black name thing. Its just way to boring to look at when you're playing.
It is more of a Roleplay > Aesthetic thing. Seeing as how SZR is light-medium roleplay, I think that it would probably be unnecessary.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Elmer_Fudd
Donut Chaser

Post by Elmer_Fudd »

Dig_Bicks wrote:Can someone make a TL:DR version, tia.
I know it's long, but I tried explaining it all again and I wrote another book. Just gonna have to read it.
Darnell_Denroy wrote:I like everything but the black name thing. Its just way to boring to look at when you're playing.
I really don't get what you mean here. Text would still be white and you can still see names when people type. It's only when you press Tab... or are in fights that black names could come in handy when hiding or trying to role-play a stranger, etc. I mean you can still see it but it's hard to make it out at first glance.
I tawk wif a wisp.

Hippo Congruency

Post by Hippo Congruency »

Tyrone_Phillips wrote:
Seeing as how SZR is light-medium roleplay.
since when?
Drey_Rogers
Game Name(s): Drey_Rogers Antonio_Havarti Jake_Parlor

Post by Drey_Rogers »

Hippo Congruency wrote:
Tyrone_Phillips wrote:
Seeing as how SZR is light-medium roleplay.
since when?
since all this forced rp stuff was added
Andrew_David wrote:i don't like it neither...
Drake_Bell wrote:Happy Summber Vocation !
BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Black names? Just lower the distance that allows you to see someone's name? Brings the idea of everyone having the same color so they can't be recognized as a gang member just by checking the tab list.

1milion isn't really that much cash. Everyone who plays the game consistantly has no problem with reaching 1mil.

Cops at points is a bad idea. You can't do that due to the new point system.

Other ideas are ok assuming there's more players playing the game.
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

FYI cops can intervene in points, we usually just choose to let you have your fun or pick on you lightly.

I usually just hang around and wait for someone to mess with me (happens more often than you think) and then get my payback.
Elmer_Fudd
Donut Chaser

Post by Elmer_Fudd »

BigAssGoat wrote: 1milion isn't really that much cash. Everyone who plays the game consistantly has no problem with reaching 1mil.
That's why it should be penalized more. It keeps the money balance in check to a certain extent. It's not a fix but a minor solution.
I tawk wif a wisp.

BigAssGoat

Post by BigAssGoat »

Silver_Leo wrote:FYI cops can intervene in points, we usually just choose to let you have your fun or pick on you lightly.

I usually just hang around and wait for someone to mess with me (happens more often than you think) and then get my payback.
Yeah but it's not really a takedown. If you lock down the point when one gang has the majority of the points and is about to win it, it's dumb. If you lock down a point when both sides have equal ammount of points , it's dumb because you'd ruin a good fight. The only case when it's not dumb is locking down a point that nobody goes for, which happens automatically.
Katsu_Okamura
Game Name(s): Katsu_Okamura

Post by Katsu_Okamura »

We just need a nice ammount of players which aren't arabs and everything will be going like before.
<&David_Webb> Rika you broke the server with your seriousness.
Patrick_Leone - LSPD applicant
Level:1
Drey_Rogers
Game Name(s): Drey_Rogers Antonio_Havarti Jake_Parlor

Post by Drey_Rogers »

Katsu_Okamura wrote:We just need a nice ammount of players which aren't arabs and everything will be going like before.
after this has been posted dozens of times, looks like you still don't get it. YOU CAN'T JUST MAGICALLY MAKE AWESOME PEOPLE JOIN YOUR SERVER.
Andrew_David wrote:i don't like it neither...
Drake_Bell wrote:Happy Summber Vocation !
Hippo Congruency

Post by Hippo Congruency »

I know a GPS isn't so 80's but I believe this allows more social interaction for people who don't wanna go mercenary.) That's basically what a Mercenary is in real-life.
SZR is based in 2011
/drag
This already exists, it is exactly like /detain for mercenaries.
Jay_Vegas
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Jay_Vegas »

A lot of these suggestions are features on another server lol.
Chief K.

I'm an OG.
David_Lewis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by David_Lewis »

Elmer_Fudd wrote:I know these have been tried out in the past and never really work out, though I have played a few servers over the years where they were on the right idea but it was needing work.
He openly admitted this, and there's nothing wrong with it
Dom wrote:you won't be accepted in the PD being that all of us saw your last application which was deleted; it was copy+pasted from an already denied app. if you're gonna plagiarize why wouldn't you do it from an application that was at least accepted? christ
Jay_Vegas
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Jay_Vegas »

David_Lewis wrote:
Elmer_Fudd wrote:I know these have been tried out in the past and never really work out, though I have played a few servers over the years where they were on the right idea but it was needing work.
He openly admitted this, and there's nothing wrong with it
Oh alright didn't see that.
Chief K.

I'm an OG.