Dumpster diving

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Zaph

Dumpster diving

Post by Zaph »

This would basically be a greater risk/reward version of fishing.

Find a dumpster around the city and /dive. You would then have the chance to find bags of money/pot/crack/possibly weapons?/other. On the other hand, you would be at risk from eating rotten food, getting pricked by needles or other amusing things you'd expect to find in a dumpster. There would be a cool down of some sort.

Help us expand on this.
<Ando> lets fucking make out.
)) <> ((
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dumpster diving

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

lots of stds can be gotten in a dumpster
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Kei_Li

Post by Kei_Li »

Well if those stds would be pernament then no.
But if only till you die then its alright.
Zaph

Post by Zaph »

It would be until you die/go to a hospital
)) <> ((
Kriss

Post by Kriss »

Then I am supporting this and saying - yes!
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

Dumpster AIDS and dumpster vamprism. That is all.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

Doing this too much will have effects on your self-respect. Or your actual IG respect...
simon_bg
Game Name(s): some mexican dude

Post by simon_bg »

If you're being chased by cops or something, maybe you could throw some of your precious stuff in there and then later on come back and dive in there in an attempt to find it.
Hope Vince gets that ring in Dallas.
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

this is going to be happening.

i like the idea of stashing your shit there during a police chase or whatever. what if you have to lean into the dumpster fully in order to plant them, and you divide up the bottom part of the dumpster into like 9 areas. you remember where you put sometimes and you can easily retrieve it. if someone is just fishing for hidden loot they can scrounge at the bottom but with an elevated risk of disease/loss of self-respect.

we talked about having them empty every so often (because trash is picked up by garbagemen irl). would there be any interest in a sort of steal the trash truck mini-event where its contents depend wildly on chance? you'd probably get chased by cops, and them shooting at your trash truck would make whatever shit is in the truck drop off it and be lost.
Valentino

Post by Valentino »

Yeah, cool. Dumpsters would be almost like public lockers where you can quickly store your shit? But what's stopping people from just going to their own private locker and storing their stuff? there needs to be some kind of upside to going and shoving your shit in a dumpster.

Just don't make it too complicated - simplicity is usually the best.
Terrence
Donut Chaser

Post by Terrence »

why not add a garbage job that would go on different paths around the city(with garbage trucks, obviously), make it so that you can't do it more then a few times a day

when you are done collecting garbage, money would be added to your precious paycheck + 1/2 random items that you collected
Raul Parker
Aiden Davis
MaCarthy

Post by MaCarthy »

Im supporting this idea.
Valentino wrote: Just don't make it too complicated - simplicity is usually the best.
癟三是最好的組織與他們不亂
Adj

Post by Adj »

I like it, but don't make it more rewarding than other poopsocking. It should typically be something you do in the early levels as you don't have much to attend to and need more things to do to make money for those expensive /buylevels. It shouldn't scale up, perhaps even scale down. If it is too rewarding, even at risk, people will do it all the time, and it won't hurt your reputation much. Smelling like the dumpster should be a typical saying to tell an applicant to come back when more experienced, when past the madness of diving into a dumpster.

Maybe give someone a dirty skin while the cooldown is in effect. They could then take the effort of going to a binco, but no problem, that's just an optional extra effort for this kind of poopsocking and very RP.

For risks, besides std's there should be instant-damage risks like:
Getting cut by broken glass (medium chance, low damage)
Getting attacked by a cat (low chance, medium damage)
Zaph

Post by Zaph »

Adj wrote: For risks, besides std's there should be instant-damage risks like:
Getting cut by broken glass (medium chance, low damage)
Getting attacked by a cat (low chance, medium damage)
Will definitely work stuff like this in.
)) <> ((
Jak

Post by Jak »

How about getting stabbed by used needles?
Giving you an effect like Bleeding slowly killing you

Maybe it could even be benefical to Health,
Such as finding half a sprunk giving +hp..
Jack Filko
Lucifers Lycans MC President

View our faction topic.

http://szrgta.com/szr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24909
kotmatroskin
Game Name(s): Frank_Guinevere

Post by kotmatroskin »

what happened to that big thread with a ton of cool ideas for diseases/afflictions? If that got totally ignored i'm pretty sure this will to, despite it being A Cool Thing
Image~
Adj

Post by Adj »

kotmatroskin wrote:what happened to that big thread with a ton of cool ideas for diseases/afflictions? If that got totally ignored i'm pretty sure this will to, despite it being A Cool Thing
They could very well be implemented to add to this whole dumpster diving. A big variation in diseases/afflictions makes it even more interesting to try.
David_Lewis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by David_Lewis »

I work in the alleys of Chicago alot

So I don't need to RP this

But how about forcing the /vomit animation for about 30 seconds with "The Dumpster is lined with maggots"
Dom wrote:you won't be accepted in the PD being that all of us saw your last application which was deleted; it was copy+pasted from an already denied app. if you're gonna plagiarize why wouldn't you do it from an application that was at least accepted? christ
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

kotmatroskin wrote:what happened to that big thread with a ton of cool ideas for diseases/afflictions? If that got totally ignored i'm pretty sure this will to, despite it being A Cool Thing
This?
Valentino wrote:Yeah, cool. Dumpsters would be almost like public lockers where you can quickly store your shit? But what's stopping people from just going to their own private locker and storing their stuff? there needs to be some kind of upside to going and shoving your shit in a dumpster.

Just don't make it too complicated - simplicity is usually the best.
Yeah, after getting excited about that part I didn't really consider how often it'd be used. Dunno how to encourage/incentivize it other than something really dumb like disabling /locker when you have a wanted level or similar. I still like it but \: