Don't make us pay for level upgrades!

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Ibn_Black

Don't make us pay for level upgrades!

Post by Ibn_Black »

There are a lot of veterans on this game that have reached high levels and made friends, friends with money and necessary gear to make their online lives easier. Well it's understandable that we have to spend our hard earned money to gain levels but I really think it's too much to ask us to pay for upgrades as well. That should be part of the package when we pay for the level. I know there are many ways to make money but you must realize that many people have already made their connections and friends that they get their supplies from and it's not that simple to solicit your wares when many of the high levels and big gangs have their go-to guys and can farm their own gear already. It takes time to reach the levels that bring in the big bucks and nobody wants to farm more just to pay for levels. We want to enjoy the game as well and we can't do that if we have to spend every online moment watching the clock waiting to fish and drop cars and pray that we meet a wealthy veteran with a heart of gold. Please take away the level upgrade fees they're unnecessary. :cripes:
horatio
kinda dump

Re: Don't make us pay for level upgrades!

Post by horatio »

I already made a thread on this jew clown!!!
Hot Rod III
Game Name(s): i drive a yellow car

Post by Hot Rod III »

The fees should remain, but should start at a lower cost. The reason veteran players have so much money is that these precausions were not implemented initially and the economy was a billion percent inflation.
Image Image Image
Rob

Post by Rob »

This should be a percentage of your funds in your bank account if anything. Say 5 or 10%.
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

Colorfinger

Post by Colorfinger »

Rob wrote:This should be a percentage of your funds in your bank account if anything. Say 5 or 10%.
No that wouldn't quite work, because if that was the case people would just go "Ok I want to level, time to pull all my money out of the bank brb". A percentage of your total net worth would be good though (money on hand + bank + house value + car value).

A stepped modifier based on level would be even better though (I think) since that's how most other RPGs do it. For instance, it might look like this:

Level 1: $500 (+500)
Level 2: $1500 (+1000)
Level 3: $3000 (+1500)
Level 4: $5000 (+2000)
Level 5: $8000 (+3000)
Level 6: $11500 (+3500)
Level 7: $15500 (+4000)
etc. etc. etc.

It would probably need a steeper step in the real game, but it would probably be fairer to the newer players than the flat amount-per-level system in place right now.
<%mrado> the worst admin to be angry with you is Colorfinger
<%mrado> because Colorfinger is never angry
<%mrado> thats how you know you're a gay jerk
The Captain wrote:
Wally_Stone wrote:
Dom wrote:Colorfinger owns, stop crying.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Rob wrote:This should be a percentage of your funds in your bank account if anything. Say 5 or 10%.
OK.

/transfer friendly ID all my money
/transfer back to me all my money
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Colorfinger wrote:
No that wouldn't quite work, because if that was the case people would just go "Ok I want to level, time to pull all my money out of the bank brb". A percentage of your total net worth would be good though (money on hand + bank + house value + car value).

A stepped modifier based on level would be even better though (I think) since that's how most other RPGs do it. For instance, it might look like this:

etc. etc. etc.

It would probably need a steeper step in the real game, but it would probably be fairer to the newer players than the flat amount-per-level system in place right now.
That's a good idea, but this isn't for /buylevel it's for /upgrade (gunlocker, toughness, etc.), which I think only goes up to level 4 or 5. I think $5,000 would be a good price for the first upgrade, and then we follow a model similar to the one you presented.
Last edited by Chris Hansen on April 21st, 2008, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colorfinger

Post by Colorfinger »

Chris Hansen wrote: That's a good idea, but this isn't for /buylevel it's for /upgrade (gunlocker, toughness, etc.), which I think only goes up to level 4 or 5.
I DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE POST.
The Captain wrote:
Wally_Stone wrote:
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Colorfinger wrote:
Chris Hansen wrote: That's a good idea, but this isn't for /buylevel it's for /upgrade (gunlocker, toughness, etc.), which I think only goes up to level 4 or 5.
I DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE POST.
BANNED
Colorfinger

Post by Colorfinger »

Bumping this thread to Suggestions
The Captain wrote:
Wally_Stone wrote:
Bizzy_Bone

Post by Bizzy_Bone »

Chris Hansen wrote:
Colorfinger wrote:

etc. etc. etc.

That's a good idea, but this isn't for /buylevel it's for /upgrade (gunlocker, toughness, etc.), which I think only goes up to level 4 or 5. I think $5,000 would be a good price for the first upgrade, and then we follow a model similar to the one you presented.
Yeah that makes sense now i think i like the .2 intrest rate is a good idea but the cost for upgrades needs to go
Jefe_daCosta
Game Name(s): Jefe_daCosta

Post by Jefe_daCosta »

i agree wioth Corrado. it would be better to just lower the price then removing the entire costs..

Gunlocker upgrade for 40k is better then 100k per example
Jefe_daCosta
Game Name(s): Jefe_daCosta

Post by Jefe_daCosta »

i agree wioth Corrado. it would be better to just lower the price then removing the entire costs..

tasmanian

Post by tasmanian »

Jefe_daCosta wrote:i agree wioth Corrado. it would be better to just lower the price then removing the entire costs..

If you read the update log the prices have already been reduced.
kioww

Post by kioww »

yea remove the 50k lol
i had my upgrades but my acc got deleted for inactivity now i have to pay for it? disaster!