Warnings

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Josh_Moore

Warnings

Post by Josh_Moore »

Idiots get desperate when they get warnings, just a few days ago some dude was like oshit i got a warning ill make another account and transfer my shit
-at 3 warnings you get a one week banip, then the warnings get reset

-admins should be more strict and warn everyone fucking around without having to worry about kicking another player out of the server
i guess one week of not being able to play would give addicts enough time to reflect on what they did and realize why they were banned instead of using a proxy and come back hacking
-hackers should get to be unbanned after a month or so, and every time they get caught again the punishment would double
Rachael wrote:SZR will never die, its lke a cockroach.
Jed_Max wrote:unban us dont be kos emk thanks plz unban ok?
jimmy_jakens
Donut Chaser
Game Name(s): Sammy_Salsa

Re: Warnings

Post by jimmy_jakens »

Josh_Moore wrote:then the warnings get reset
No. The warnings do not reset what happens after you return from the banished land is that you keep all 3 of you're warnings and any warning you receive after that results in an automatic ban.
Copzor Sammy_Salsa

(ಠ_ಠ)
Rachael wrote:szr.shithou.se
Rachael wrote: [edit] actually forget that idea its dumb
[edit][edit] players are dumb
Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

i know it works that way, but on other servers this system seems to work just fine and it lets players relax after their ban is gone
the "if you behave you won't get any more warnings" quote from every time an admin gives a wrongful warn away is not a good way to keep players on the server, also i specified that you would get warnings for every exploit not just a jail or a fine, when admins look the other way
jimmy_jakens
Donut Chaser
Game Name(s): Sammy_Salsa

Post by jimmy_jakens »

The point is that if you got those warnings its because you deserved them and wiping the slate clean would make it so people don't care. When in comparison to having those warnings you have to be afraid of getting another warning because it means getting ban thus enforcing people to fallow the rules. So in other words this system works just fine, and you shouldn't have anything to worry about if you fallow the rules.
Copzor Sammy_Salsa

(ಠ_ಠ)
Rachael wrote:szr.shithou.se
Rachael wrote: [edit] actually forget that idea its dumb
[edit][edit] players are dumb
Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

jimmy_jakens wrote:fallow the rules.
/me finishes laughing

Yeah, but let's say you got 2 warnings for something, then you get a warning for a retarded reason like ramming someone untill his car blows or stomping someone who's fishing in the head, you get banished, it takes weeks to get unbanished, and not everyone gets unbanned, some people get tired or trying and quit playing
we all make mistakes
Hippo Congruency
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Hippo Congruency »

Josh_Moore wrote:
jimmy_jakens wrote:fallow the rules.
you get a warning for a retarded reason like ramming someone untill his car blows or stomping someone who's fishing in the head.
we all make mistakes
I've never seen anyone get warned for a reason like that.
Yes.. People make mistakes, but after 3 mistakes which you get warned for you should start learning, you should after your 1st warning. Why reset warnings so you can just go break them again? Make sure you don't get another warning and you're fine, you can do so by reading the rules and not doing stupid shit even if you think no one is around.
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

You're right about how terrified players are about warnings. Things I've heard from other admins are requests to lower the banish and ban thresholds to 2 and 3, respectively, which is a change in the harsher direction. What we're eventually gonna do is just start counting your warnings over a certain time period, like your warnings over the past 2 months. That way if you get warned when you're a new player for something stupid, it's not haunting you 6 months in.

If people are still going to create new accounts to avoid warnings, we may have to tie them to IP addresses. Getting a warning isn't the end of the world.
Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

Jimothy_Rome wrote:That way if you get warned when you're a new player for something stupid, it's not haunting you 6 months in.
If people are still going to create new accounts to avoid warnings, we may have to tie them to IP addresses. Getting a warning isn't the end of the world.
^
This would work too
Hippo Congruency wrote:I've never seen anyone get warned for a reason like that.
I don't want to turn this into a stupid admin complain, but yeah it pretty much happened to me, i was acting like a dick tho