Mathandler

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Piwey
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Mathandler

Post by Piwey »

It would be nice if this was brought back
Tony "Motherfucking" Buttanus((Hanzo Hasashi))
Guiseppi Rossi
Long live Jack Not Sparrow
Valentino

Re: Mathandler

Post by Valentino »

Material Handlers and D materials were the fucking worst, no thanks.
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

never again
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

i don't understand what the benefit would be, and that's why it hasn't been readded. after /jobcontract was added, was anyone ever a full-time handler, or was switching to handler, getting your mats, and then having your contract lowered so you could go back to arms or whatever?

this is the same reason why /jobcontract hasn't been readded, by the way. there needs to be a little more evaluation of shit like this without just slamming it in the gamemode and being, oh well, what happens happens.
Freddo_Brazzi
keep your distance i'm a carrier

Post by Freddo_Brazzi »

arms dealers already get 560 mats per run, its pretty good enough, what else do you want
Kei_Li

Post by Kei_Li »

I think that D mats could be back with /refine and /make commands :)
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

note: I am in no way suggesting this system should be re-added

however

I dreamed up the mat handler job to diversify the arms dealer job, which was a pre-requisite for mat running. I did this because I thought it was way to easy to get weapons, and because most of the time every single poopsocker on the server had the arms dealer job. Originally it was meant to replace the arms dealer job entirely, which was going to remain but require co-operation and mats from a mat handler. I added the restrictions later in an attempt to balance it, and in the end just gave mat handlers the ability to collect more mats per cycle than an arms dealer.

My intention was to encourage roleplay, but having my head firmly lodged in a pawn editor somewhat clouded my vision.

At the risk of sounding bitter, it would have been nice if things had been different when I was coding, and people could have helped me with these ideas instead of retreating somewhere to secretly plot some kind of lame internet mutiny, leaving me to make those mistakes and waste a lot of time.
[IMG]