I have a way to improve the server rp skill

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Calube

I have a way to improve the server rp skill

Post by Calube »

As I promised I will suggest until I will improve the server roleplay skills, so..
I am thinking about make an addition to the MOTD with the roleplay points
For example: Earn 100 roleplay points and get, earn 1000 roleplay points and choose a faction to be in it...
These are only examples, but that makes the players keep to roleplaying all the time. 8-)
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I have a way to improve the server rp skill

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

I think this is a pretty good idea, although I'm not sure I why showing who is in a family on /families isn't also problematic in the same way. Colored nametags, too.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
lukesea
Donut Chaser

Post by lukesea »

Perhaps instead of punishing people for minus Rp points with lower paychecks you should reward people with better paychecks for positive Rp points
<Jay_Vegas> im actually normal height

<somone77> I always saw BMF of having the most potential of any of the other families
<somone77> They didn't suck.
daxter 789
Game Name(s): James_Jackson

Post by daxter 789 »

I think that this is a good idea ,many people will RP more that before.And when someone broke the rules to be punished with minus RP points
James_Jackson
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

lukesea wrote:Perhaps instead of punishing people for minus Rp points with lower paychecks you should reward people with better paychecks for positive Rp points
This is a role playing server, why should someone be rewarded for doing what they are supposed to do?

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Davy_Mousse

Post by Davy_Mousse »

Tyrone_Phillips wrote:
lukesea wrote:Perhaps instead of punishing people for minus Rp points with lower paychecks you should reward people with better paychecks for positive Rp points
This is a role playing server, why should someone be rewarded for doing what they are supposed to do?
So that we can perhaps get more people actually sticking around.
mkrtich wrote: i've been waiting more than 3 fuckin months for szr players to be anything less than bitchy entitled cunts
Calube

Post by Calube »

Look Tyrone I agree with you that they have to role-play all the time, but they don't, so, we should suggest to the admins to give rewards for who roleplays, thereafter the players will roleplay to earn rewards, and that will keep them on role-play situation with non-stop, afterthere breaking rules will be less, and that brings the good-role-players to this server because nobody breaks rules, and the roleplayers in the server will be statisfied.
Do you agree with me, now?
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

The reward for having a lot of RPP is that when an admin interacts with you, they can see that you are a valuable player and will be more inclined to listen to you and help you out.

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Josh_Moore

Post by Josh_Moore »

and not harass or abuse you
Rachael wrote:SZR will never die, its lke a cockroach.
Jed_Max wrote:unban us dont be kos emk thanks plz unban ok?
lukesea
Donut Chaser

Post by lukesea »

Tyrone_Phillips wrote:
Why are actors rewarded with awards for being good at what their supposed to do? same with athletes and so on and so on
<Jay_Vegas> im actually normal height

<somone77> I always saw BMF of having the most potential of any of the other families
<somone77> They didn't suck.
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

the punishment for negative rpp is a valuable tool and i don't want to see it removed

i don't care if there's a bonus for having more
kotmatroskin
Game Name(s): Frank_Guinevere

Post by kotmatroskin »

putting people in debt for rp is the worst idea ive ever heard
Image~
kotmatroskin

Post by kotmatroskin »

it wouldn't be so bad if rp points were given out more often than never. szr does this thing where it demands poopsocking and shit and the admins punish ppl while going "you guys suck you never rp". even if there are a lot of dumb people you can't expect to punch them in the dick and have them enjoy it
Image~
kotmatroskin

Post by kotmatroskin »

anyway since when is szr not lite rp?
Image~
kotmatroskin

Post by kotmatroskin »

i mean does it make sense that the guys teleporting around and going off magical ramps in their wacky clown cars get to severely handicap a player just because they weren't playing a role in that one time they were looking
Image~
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

every time i check the rpp of players online it's like +100 overall
kotmatroskin

Post by kotmatroskin »

ok but im just sayin from what ive seen and felt (the feeling of no rp points ever). who are these people amassing rp points?? and thanks for the warning..how rude

e; if you judge the quality of a player based on their rp points that is even worse
Image~
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

kotmatroskin wrote:i mean does it make sense that the guys teleporting around and going off magical ramps in their wacky clown cars get to severely handicap a player just because they weren't playing a role in that one time they were looking
cool short poetic posts

i've been removing admins who do this kind of stuff lately, we're trying to improve the server and it's been working. people will even roleplay with newbie idiots now, even some old dudes who used to barely roleplay at all. i'm not saying it's the rp points, in fact i think they have next to nothing to do with it, but it's a useful way to let players know they are being shitty and detracting from the server, and it's pretty much only used when people are doing things that are blatantly terrible.

also, regarding poopsocking, have you played lately? i'm playing a secret idiot account and i've had no trouble getting guns for free off the street, haven't done a single mat run or bought a gun and my locker is full.

Calube

Post by Calube »

So, you think it's not very helpful idea. And you refused it.
Alright I just suggested this idea, because it was in my mind and I thought that it should be seen by the Server-Owner or even by a higher responsible.

Good luck! 8-)
hannibal_akira
Grove Street
Game Name(s): Jeremy_Oaks

Post by hannibal_akira »

If u rp and dont break rules then the rp points dont affect u. :orks:
Hannibal_Lector
Tyrone_Phillips
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Tyrone_Phillips

Post by Tyrone_Phillips »

I've been receiving much more RPP points for doing absolutely nothing new, so the argument that admins don't give them out enough is pretty much invalid. And it's not like being in negative RPP will put you in debt, each point simply removes 5% of your paycheck. It is easily manageable.

"[1/4/13] * @RPTV (~[email protected]) Quit (Quit: sorry bro mom has to check email)"
Circa_Cassidy
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Circa_Cassidy »

Tyrone_Phillips wrote:

Psychology says [sic] "If you want someone to do something, reward them when they do it; don't punish them when they don't."

[quote="mad_philip"]it is getting my anger problem bad... i almost broke my pc screen![/quote]

#PoopsockinTilTheBreakOfDawn
Walter_Melon

Post by Walter_Melon »

My suggestion is the server stay lite RP, it was much cooler. Thanks.