SZR 2: The MTA Saga

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Anthony Martinez

Re: SZR 2: The MTA Saga

Post by Anthony Martinez »

is the szr in sa mp still goin to be on or szr only going to be only in mta?
Jeffu_Koiso
Bruno_me
Game Name(s): Biff Longtorso

Post by Bruno_me »

Anthony Martinez wrote:is the szr in sa mp still goin to be on or szr only going to be only in mta?
I'm not going to host any samp servers after mta is done. I'd give everything to somebody if they want to keep an samp server running.

I want nothing to do with samp.
™©§<º))))>\m/<.·´¯`·.·÷±‡±(Bruno_me)±‡±÷¸.·´¯`·.¸>\m/<((((º>§©™

~*~ sigs off ~*~

<Racha3l> what means this
<Racha3l> [06:54:50] Detected possible bot from (86.144.252.111)
<Keru> SALMON watches a lot of Sailor Moon, I have proof
Jazz_Mesa

Post by Jazz_Mesa »

Some ideas I kind of had (sorry if if this goes astray, but it'd be gay with no REAL factions or just everyone being in a corp)
Sub-gangs
Sub-gangs would be like factions kind of here, these people would do "sabotages" for a corp to another corp, and the corp's would supply them with guns/drugs/etc. The corps would get these materials through poopsocking.
The points would still be here, for the sub-gangs to capture. So heres an example of kind of what I want, more information will be heard in it.

"The Korps" - Corporation
"Grove Street" - Sub-gang
Say "The Korps" do material runs for the Grove Street gang, and which they would sell them guns on behalf of them attacking other korps, but there has to be more than just plain old that. The sub-gangs would capture material points, which "The Korps" would use for material runs, now I don't know what to do for advantages and disadvantages such as maybe The Korps getting free materials and enemy gangs who have sub-gangs who don't own the point have to pay.

This would add a little bit more of fun, the corporation employee's CANNOT be seen at the point battles, as you can tell they're business men, not rogue killers.

Other Factions
LSPD - The LSPD can "raid" each one point of each category ( 1 of the three mat pickups, 1 of the 3 mat factories, 1 of the 2 dens etc). If taken the point cannot be used.
FBI - The FBI can only do drug busts within points, they cannot capture the points, but they can take the drugs from points momentarily (aka "ATF" bust)
Taxi - ???
Hitmen - ???
Medical units (?) - The medical units could come to the point to save lives, but that doesn't mean they can't be shot.
Fire Dep (?) - Can only go if fires seen I guess.

Corporations
Pretty much most of Ashely's ideas.

Mafia's
No, I'm not talking about just the Mafia, or just Italian etc Mafia's, I'm talking about the Yakuza and the Mafia etc. These factions are the top dogs. Corporations ask for loans from the Mafia's, and they get them. The Mafia would kind of watch over the corporations, the sub-gangs do not affiliate themselves whatsoever with the Mafia's. Can't really tell much about them due to the fact I don't know if they need to be there.

ps nice ideas jon.
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

Jonathan_Ashley wrote:Detective
This is your /find master class. They level /find to level five and can use /tie and /untie. However /guard is gone.
No more /find for gangs.

Detective is a fucking DM enabler. It's useless shit and adds nothing to RP. That said, it's pretty important for LEO, and should be a cop/FBI only job or ability.
Jonathan_Ashley wrote:SZR, and beyond that have no bearing. New upgrades may be added but that's the one thing I really have no new ideas for.
I'm not sure leveling up should even be part of the game. The upgrades didn't do too much (better than if they did too much) and we all metagamed and checked what level other people were when scoping them out.

I like where this is going though. All this corporate sabotage is reminding me of Science and Industry for HL1
Boogs
Game Name(s): pink nipples

Post by Boogs »

horatio wrote:will we still have cybersex logs that's all that really matters
Ethan_Sanchez

Post by Ethan_Sanchez »

I basically hate the idea of moving to MTA, the day i readed it on annoucements i got it and tried it... Totaly dissapointed.
Chatbox is pure shit, the gameplay is strange, a bunch of ahckers in all servers or its the scrpt that gives everyone invulnerability in the less RP servers i found, and as i said, just basically hate MTA.

But if theres no way to convince the admins...
Jonathan_Ashley

Post by Jonathan_Ashley »

Don't get me wrong; There wouldn't be 'no factions'. However I would want a loose gang system to represent street gangs, which I mentioned. Families(or a better word, I just chose the one that represents them now) are the real gang factions and simply work similarly to the corporations, don't have a /families listing(in order to give them secrecy, no constant nub bombardment for recruitment, and something for FBI and LEO to do), etc. These would be applied for similarly to how gangs apply now. Here's an example of something I envisioned:

Let's say I'm leader of the Mafia family in this new version I'm proposing.

Now, no one outside the Mafia, with few exceptions, knows I'm the leader, much less other members. Only our associates realize we're anything more than a common street gang, mercenary group, or anything different than that, so we don't attract extra LEO/FBI attention. Because of this, there are probably going to be several 'Mafia's running around of 2-5 people in street gangs claiming to be making the Mafia.

Some people may think "Why the hell would you want that?" But, honestly? I want a bunch of retarded gangbangers saying they're 'Mafia'. They can go ahead and get arrested when the 'Mafia' gets suspected for anything or lead law enforcement off the trail by simply not knowing anything. While it is more complicated than the system we have now, it would be less arcade-like, and something that would remain playable for much longer than the current system while constantly, if slowly, evolving.
Al_Yu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Al_Yu »

Ethan_Sanchez wrote:I basically hate the idea of moving to MTA, the day i readed it on annoucements i got it and tried it... Totaly dissapointed.
Chatbox is pure shit, the gameplay is strange, a bunch of ahckers in all servers or its the scrpt that gives everyone invulnerability in the less RP servers i found, and as i said, just basically hate MTA.

Hackers on gta servers?! I never!
<DoctorJones> al can you spawn the big smoke statue anywhere?
<&Al_Yu>I break the server enough as it is
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I think this is completely awesome, but honestly would like to see a few more jobs put in there
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away
Any fucking time. Any fucking day
Learn to swim. I'll see you down in Arizona bay

Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Ethan_Sanchez wrote:I basically hate the idea of moving to MTA, the day i readed it on annoucements i got it and tried it... Totaly dissapointed.

Once the third developer's preview is released, MTA will surpass SAMP. The bullet synching alone puts SAMP to shame. I agree that the chatbox is terrible, but from screenshots of the beta DP3 it looks like it will be fixed.

Here is some of the stuff they plan for DP3:

Most notable new scripting functions:
- Ped support (this means customizable bots)
- Customizable handling for vehicles
- DirectX drawing
- Clientside money handling
- More pickup functions
- shutdown() function to close down the server
- More xml stuff (xmlNodeGetSubNodes and xmlNodeGetParent)

Most notable improvements and/or bug fixes:
- Heavy emphasis on fixing and improving shooting synchronization issues, as they have been revealed as a major issue by user-created resources. This includes a major change in the streamer.
- Carjacking issues leading to desync problems mentioned above.
- Sliding bugs directly linked to shooting sync mentioned above and sliding bugs that only affected animations.
- No shooting with uzis while crouched is fixed
- Scripting improvements on certain functions (most notably rewritten camera functions).
- Fixing issues discovered in MTAs default resources while using them with certain settings or under certain conditions.
- Continued work on the map editor resource is being done by its QA team developers. They hope to have it done for DP3.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Ethan_Sanchez

Post by Ethan_Sanchez »

Chris Hansen wrote:

Once the third developer's preview is released, MTA will surpass SAMP. The bullet synching alone puts SAMP to shame. I agree that the chatbox is terrible, but from screenshots of the beta DP3 it looks like it will be fixed.

Here is some of the stuff they plan for DP3:

Most notable new scripting functions:
- Ped support (this means customizable bots)
- Customizable handling for vehicles
- DirectX drawing
- Clientside money handling
- More pickup functions
- shutdown() function to close down the server
- More xml stuff (xmlNodeGetSubNodes and xmlNodeGetParent)

Most notable improvements and/or bug fixes:
- Heavy emphasis on fixing and improving shooting synchronization issues, as they have been revealed as a major issue by user-created resources. This includes a major change in the streamer.
- Carjacking issues leading to desync problems mentioned above.
- Sliding bugs directly linked to shooting sync mentioned above and sliding bugs that only affected animations.
- No shooting with uzis while crouched is fixed
- Scripting improvements on certain functions (most notably rewritten camera functions).
- Fixing issues discovered in MTAs default resources while using them with certain settings or under certain conditions.
- Continued work on the map editor resource is being done by its QA team developers. They hope to have it done for DP3.

Not as bad as i said for now.
Where can i find more details, information and pictures?
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Rob

Post by Rob »

A problem I forsee may be if the economy is totally player driven, then those hours where there are relatively few people on the server will be a bitch if those are the hours that you would play.
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

Jonathan_Ashley

I imagine they would be at start, but really that doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't be able to buy products. We'd just need to make sure there were a few businesses or executives who played during Aussie hours.
Anthony Martinez

when is it going to be in mta?
Jeffu_Koiso
Rain_Man

Post by Rain_Man »

Jazz_Mesa wrote:

Mafia's
No, I'm not talking about just the Mafia, or just Italian etc Mafia's, I'm talking about the Yakuza and the Mafia etc. These factions are the top dogs. Corporations ask for loans from the Mafia's, and they get them. The Mafia would kind of watch over the corporations, the sub-gangs do not affiliate themselves whatsoever with the Mafia's. Can't really tell much about them due to the fact I don't know if they need to be there.

ps nice ideas jon.

I like that idea :bunchies:
Kaze
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Kaze »

It's true the chat box is pretty shit by default in DP2. You can customize it though as seen in this thread: http://forum.mtasa.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &sk=t&sd=a
Anthony Martinez

wat sucks about MTA is that u cant use joystick i kind of suck using keyboard i am better on joystick
Jeffu_Koiso
Al_Yu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Al_Yu »

Anthony Martinez wrote:wat sucks about MTA is that u cant use joystick i kind of suck using keyboard i am better on joystick
I am going to use the cripes emote okay, it is pretty over used but appropriate here, so here goes:

:cripes:
<DoctorJones> al can you spawn the big smoke statue anywhere?
<&Al_Yu>I break the server enough as it is
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

why the hell are you using a joystick for gta
Boogs
Game Name(s): pink nipples

Post by Boogs »

Kaze wrote:It's true the chat box is pretty shit by default in DP2. You can customize it though as seen in this thread: http://forum.mtasa.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &sk=t&sd=a
yep, I changed mine to look like SA:MP.. :bunchies: one thing I hate about MTA is EVERYONE SOUNDS LIKE CJ, and headturns arent synced (yet)
Ethan_Sanchez

Post by Ethan_Sanchez »

Boogs wrote:
Kaze wrote:It's true the chat box is pretty shit by default in DP2. You can customize it though as seen in this thread: http://forum.mtasa.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &sk=t&sd=a
yep, I changed mine to look like SA:MP.. :bunchies: one thing I hate about MTA is EVERYONE SOUNDS LIKE CJ, and headturns arent synced (yet)

True.
Jazz_Mesa

Post by Jazz_Mesa »

Nice find.
Anthony Martinez

i use a joystick cause i can
:grush: :giggity: :barf:
Jeffu_Koiso
Jonathan_Ashley

Anthony Martinez wrote:i use a joystick cause i can
:grush: :giggity: :barf: