Cheater Hunt

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Clockarchist

Cheater Hunt

Post by Clockarchist »

Seeing how our server is constantly dealing with people who think they can bend or break the rules (money farming, logging, exploiting, etc.), and leaving the police and admins to deal with it can be a hassle, I've thought of a fun and easy way to help encourage them to move off the server as well as being entertainment for our existing citizens-

It'd be great fun for everyone if people who cheat repeatedly/money farm get marked as pink and show up on the map, and to add a little incentive, give the person who kills them $1000 or something to make it worth their while.

Not only would it be funny to reap the sweet tears of the poor fool who thought they could cheat, but it'd also add to the interest by unofficially being able to place bets on how long they can survive before they inevitably get gunned down again.

As for implementation: we already have a system that marks people as red and makes them show up on the map when they get past a certain wanted level, and there's a gang war money bonus that you get in the public gangs by killing members of the opposing public gang, how hard could it be?
Bonez

Re: Cheater Hunt

Post by Bonez »

Hackers are bant. Not kept on the servers to be deathmatched, which is pretty what it sounds like your saying.
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away
Any fucking time. Any fucking day
Learn to swim. I'll see you down in Arizona bay

Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

I like the idea in theory, but have to agree with bonez here. Also the markers you are referring to are crucial to the PD, and your proposal would push the already strained 'marker' system too much.
[IMG]
Hot Rod III
Game Name(s): i drive a yellow car

Post by Hot Rod III »

A better idea is just a reward for information about cheating.
Image Image Image
Nurgle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nurgle »

Itsa me Corrado wrote:A better idea is just a reward for information about cheating.
which we often do
Rob

Post by Rob »

we'd need to set up a fund for people that admin commands can give, eg /cheaterfund (id) that'll give them 20k for spotting and helping us
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

lol that would make me rich. :happycat:
Rob

Post by Rob »

its not like cops aren't rich in general what with the free guns
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

Mrado
Donut Chaser

Post by Mrado »

Rob wrote:its not like cops aren't rich in general what with the free guns
500$ !!!