Paramedics

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Brendon_Paule

Paramedics

Post by Brendon_Paule »

Cutting right to the point:

You can have the option to wait for a Paramedic, or go Straight to the Hospital if no Paramedics are on. If a Paramedic revives you while you're dead, you still loose 500 Dollars but you can keep your weapons, you can't call 911 and call for a Paramedic if you're dead, you have to do it while you're bleeding to death or a Pass-byer has to spot you.

Comments and Suggestions on this Suggestion welcome!
ImageImage
Alex_Collins
Game Name(s): Alex_Collins

Re: Paramedics

Post by Alex_Collins »

You couldn't revive a dead person, and you just said you have to wait until a paramedic arrives but you can't call 911 "while you're dead." It can also be abused, eg. a gang has a paramedic in a gang war where they all get revived.
Gook_Johnson

Post by Gook_Johnson »

i thought of this and i would just buy out a medic to revive me at points all day so i can win everyone and go lol owned by 1 guy at a point loled
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I think it would be awesome if the paramedic faction was in here, even if it was only like an alt-faction for the comedy of it. As far as I know it's already in the code, so I don't see why we at least can't have a couple. If we make them non-gays and make it so they don't revive people at points, etc...
Finn wrote:Yeah, the depth of idiocy one encounters in this corner of the internet does tend to get disheartening.
Brendon_Paule

Post by Brendon_Paule »

Gook_Johnson wrote:i thought of this and i would just buy out a medic to revive me at points all day so i can win everyone and go lol owned by 1 guy at a point loled

Well like Cops, Paramedics would NOT be allowed at point battles.
ImageImage
Rob

Post by Rob »

If paramedics are put in it will probably be at the cost of you not being able to enter fast food places.
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

tithin

Post by tithin »

Rob wrote:If paramedics are put in it will probably be at the cost of you not being able to enter fast food places.
See, that's not actually a bad idea, fewer places to hide, and it conveniently removes that most well known of exploits.
Jalsin Koronos
Harabec Weathers

Post by Harabec Weathers »

Don't bother calling the paramedics: the city won't front the bank roll to get us a few ambulances and the medical supplies that go in them.

As far as I can tell, I'm the only paramedic currently on the city's pay roll. I've responded to a few calls. So far, I've been unable to help anyone, and actually had to kill one of my patients when he started firing on me.

It's a dirty, thankless job. I can't actually heal you, since the city won't buy us ambulances, but I can drive you to a Burger Shot. Only Burger Shot, though, they're sponsoring us and the dude is a total prick over the contract.
Brendon_Paule

Post by Brendon_Paule »

tithin wrote:
Rob wrote:If paramedics are put in it will probably be at the cost of you not being able to enter fast food places.
See, that's not actually a bad idea, fewer places to hide, and it conveniently removes that most well known of exploits.

No it's not (See: Standing in Line Invincibility).

You could still smoke weed and shit, and it would give people something else to do. Of course, you could also lower the bleeding threshold for it so we could have time to respond.
ImageImage
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

Addition to this: Passed a certain point in bleeding, you are forced into the /crack animation. You cannot move or call 911. You have the option to walk towards the light, or to wait (Make this limited or not).

Paramedics can unfreeze you from this animation by doing /heal or /revive or however you want to call it.

It will give you enough health to stop bleeding.

Paramedics as part of a governement agency have no right to be at points except to observe. Similar rules to the PD - Fucking up = fired.
Brendon_Paule

Post by Brendon_Paule »

Silver_Leo wrote:Addition to this: Passed a certain point in bleeding, you are forced into the /crack animation. You cannot move or call 911. You have the option to walk towards the light, or to wait (Make this limited or not).

Paramedics can unfreeze you from this animation by doing /heal or /revive or however you want to call it.

It will give you enough health to stop bleeding.

Paramedics as part of a governement agency have no right to be at points except to observe. Similar rules to the PD - Fucking up = fired.

This is a good addition to my original idea.
ImageImage
DuncUK
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Frank_Dowling Alabaster_Codify

Post by DuncUK »

For paramedics to really be useful, I think it would be necessary to disable Burger Shots and vending machines. I've got some more paramedic ideas (that are all based upon existing game mechanics), but Paramedics would be pretty useless if you can be healed by food.

There's already a thread on disabling burger shots (implying it can be done), but can we take out vending machines as well...? If they can't be directly disabled, is it possible to piggyback a health decrease / death onto every attempt to use them? This would effectively render them useless, in a similar way to the ammunations.
Alabaster Codify, SA News... on a break from SZR.
Samiam22

Post by Samiam22 »

You were poisoned by an abundance of sugar in the Sprunk can.
Sam_Iam, Level 7, Civilian
Liam_Heath, Level 2, SANews Correspondent
Damien_West, Level 1, Grove Street Families Recruit
Gook_Johnson

Post by Gook_Johnson »

DuncUK wrote:For paramedics to really be useful, I think it would be necessary to disable Burger Shots and vending machines. I've got some more paramedic ideas (that are all based upon existing game mechanics), but Paramedics would be pretty useless if you can be healed by food.

There's already a thread on disabling burger shots (implying it can be done), but can we take out vending machines as well...? If they can't be directly disabled, is it possible to piggyback a health decrease / death onto every attempt to use them? This would effectively render them useless, in a similar way to the ammunations.
great so every time there is no paramedic on and you start to bleed you're fucked.
DuncUK
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by DuncUK »

Gook_Johnson wrote:great so every time there is no paramedic on and you start to bleed you're fucked.
Well, if paramedic was an open faction then any newbie could join at any time... especially if it paid a small fee for every healing. The only penalty for playing paramedic would be that you can't carry guns.

Shops could also sell (expensive?) first aid kits (just rename the food they sell and put the price up), the hospital could be used to heal as well. Pot stays as it is. It could work.
Gook_Johnson

Post by Gook_Johnson »

DuncUK wrote:
Gook_Johnson wrote:great so every time there is no paramedic on and you start to bleed you're fucked.
Well, if paramedic was an open faction then any newbie could join at any time... especially if it paid a small fee for every healing. The only penalty for playing paramedic would be that you can't carry guns.

Shops could also sell (expensive?) first aid kits (just rename the food they sell and put the price up), the hospital could be used to heal as well. Pot stays as it is. It could work.
ok the hospital you type /healme and for 1k it heals you to full health but then you will get the guy on there spamming it with his 20billion inflated cash. if paramedics was an open faction it would be hard as fuck to limit anything and anything abusable would be.
David_York

Post by David_York »

Maybe make it so when you get killed. (injured) You are asked if you want to wait for paramedics or go straight to the hospitol (yes or no)
Now a paramedic would have to offer something better to actually make it worthwhile instead of just going to the hospitol. Why not make it so a paramedic heals you on the spot and can give you a bit of armour but only as a extra fee and is not required.
DuncUK
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by DuncUK »

Gook_Johnson wrote:ok the hospital you type /healme and for 1k it heals you to full health but then you will get the guy on there spamming it with his 20billion inflated cash. if paramedics was an open faction it would be hard as fuck to limit anything and anything abusable would be.
You still need to physically drive to the hospital to be healed, the cost wasn't meant to be prohibitively expensive. Alternatively you can carry medi kits which are expensive (say 2k), limited to one per person and are legal or there is pot which is much cheaper, slightly less effective, has the existing limit and is illegal.

The paramedic faction could be limited by only spawning a few ambulances... I would guess something like 4. If these are the source of the healing (I get the impression from other posts that their healing power is hard coded) then limiting these would limit the number of active paramedics. People could still ride around together if they want which adds a social aspect of sorts for newbies.

If ambulances native healing power can be removed, then they could become a source of free medikits to paramedics (only) who can heal people for a fixed fee (say $500) with /heal <id>, the fee being added to their next paycheque. The healing would need to be accepted (/accept heal) by the recipient to prevent spam.

So long as people can be permabanned from the Paramedic faction, then abuse could easily be moderated by admins. The only avenues for abuse I can think of are:
  • Deliberately hurting people to offer them health.
  • Paramedics getting paid to follow gang factions around or assisting at point caps.
But all of this relies on the removal of food based healing... otherwise it isn't going to be useful, given how absurdly cheap "sprunk" is.
Gook_Johnson

Post by Gook_Johnson »

DuncUK wrote:So long as people can be permabanned from the Paramedic faction, then abuse could easily be moderated by admins. The only avenues for abuse I can think of are:
  • Paramedics getting paid to follow gang factions around or assisting at point caps.

would only work if someone would control them like with vagos, but even that doesnt work. usually there are only mods on which don't do stuff like that, and it would be even worse. I'm all for taking out fast food, but leave in the drinks and keep paramedics private.

also to the list of abuse, add in cliques healing each other for free in middle of battles and shit.
Lord_Blackthorn

Post by Lord_Blackthorn »

SIR YOU ARE SICK YOU NEED TO BE DELOUSED
tithin

Post by tithin »

Gook_Johnson wrote:
DuncUK wrote:So long as people can be permabanned from the Paramedic faction, then abuse could easily be moderated by admins. The only avenues for abuse I can think of are:

would only work if someone would control them like with vagos, but even that doesnt work. usually there are only mods on which don't do stuff like that, and it would be even worse. I'm all for taking out fast food, but leave in the drinks and keep paramedics private.

also to the list of abuse, add in cliques healing each other for free in middle of battles and shit.
Well paramedics would be a government faction, much like the PD, as such it would operate under similar guidelines. No showing up at points battles (other than to watch, and not to assist in anyway), and killing paramedics would carry the same penalties as killing cops. Give leadership of the faction to someone with some sense in their head, (though no one comes to mind at the moment). Though admittedly coming up with what each rank could heal would be somewhat difficult.

Perhaps make it so that low ranks can only heal low amounts at a time, or can only stop bleeding until they pass the equivalent of a cadetship (perhaps internship?). And the low amounts that are healed cost the same amount as a higher rank member? Or they can only start off treating diseases that will be implemented (see the other suggestions thread.

Also yes, keep drinks in, they're not invulnameters like the food stores, and they'd be useful for when there are no paramedics around?
Jalsin Koronos
Alenth_Eneil

Post by Alenth_Eneil »

Would the paramedics also be involved in RP situations like car accidents? Or would they be strictly used for responding to actual deaths?
tithin

Post by tithin »

No reason why they shouldn't get involved in RP, just not to the detriment of their duties!
Jalsin Koronos
DuncUK
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by DuncUK »

tithin wrote:Also yes, keep drinks in, they're not invulnameters like the food stores, and they'd be useful for when there are no paramedics around?
OK... but I think it would be good if we could put the price up, so the other Paramedics aren't priced out of the market (so to speak). Alternatively, they could offer a health boost at the current price but not actually stop bleeding, so they can be used to help you get to the hospital when no paramedics are on.
Sai_Kazkanov
Game Name(s): Sai_Kazkanov Sai_Yakamura Sai_Crabpuss

Post by Sai_Kazkanov »

Alex_Collins wrote:You couldn't revive a dead person, and you just said you have to wait until a paramedic arrives but you can't call 911 "while you're dead." It can also be abused, eg. a gang has a paramedic in a gang war where they all get revived.
I'm fairly certain its easy enough to make it so you cant use a phone at 0hp.

It works for being tied why not while incapacitated/comatose?
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.