/give

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Tom_Anderson
keep your distance i'm a carrier

/give

Post by Tom_Anderson »

I think there should be a /give command just cause it can be very useful like when someone wants to buy some materials off of you you would /give mats 1400 or whatever. It would work by /give [drugs/mats/guns]. I think it's a good idea cause in battle it can be very useful. Like when a guy doesn't have any weapon and you pass it to them. The reason I want it is simply cause in real life you can pass things, why not in game?
Shubham_Kini

Re: /give

Post by Shubham_Kini »

That will be insane...
Insted of transfering the whole amount of mats, you can only transfer a fraction of it...
Umm an example will explain it better.

/give mats Nurgle 1000

but Nurgle only gets 750 mats...
Others are lost in dealing... :P
Daoulas
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by Daoulas »

I agree with Tom it seems good to pass things to friends.
Like if i have a shit ton of mats/drugs/guns on me and /give [id#] [amount] [drug,gun,material]

Kini i dont like your idea cause i dont want to lose 250 mats because i handed it to my friend, i would just tell him to pick that shit up.

Also Tom I think that just like /fwithdraw /fdeposit should have a mat and drug section.
drug section might already be in but i dont know how to use it. word on the street is you get crack for holding the drug den...

but a mat section would be sweet. that way when its war time we can just outfit our soldiers with community mats.
Darren_Smith

Post by Darren_Smith »

ye, this looks really good, you could buy low, sell high sort of thing, it could be put at a restriction? so, you can only /give 10,000 mats a day, and only receive 10,000 mats a day (24 hours) sort of like fishing, where you have to wait.
R.I.P Exit:2pac,Enter:Makaveli R.I.P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j3dP7w3W-JM BEST SONG EVER

Tom_Anderson

Post by Tom_Anderson »

And when you /give mats you can actually give it to other arms dealers for some cash, it would be pretty awesome.
Matt_Porter

Post by Matt_Porter »

I seriously want this in. Right now I have a m4, spas12 and mp5 on hand, and had no room in my locker. /give would be perfect for this situation. Also if a dealer gives the wrong gun which I see people do, he can just give the gun back and do it over saving him money. This will add to the "RP" factor on the server aswell.
kioww

Post by kioww »

yea i support this
Tom_Anderson

Post by Tom_Anderson »

So you guys think this should be considered? I find it that lots of people like the idea and want it in. :p
Funk

Post by Funk »

Definitely down with this.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

I agree that you should be able to /give mats and charge for them, but you can already sell people guns and drugs.

However, the command should probably be limited by player level like /contract, /transfer, and /wiretransfer.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Adj

Post by Adj »

Dangerous is that semi-illegal guns like knifes, deagles and snipers can then be spread.

I think that in many situations this will turn into an excuse for having a gun (towards admins and towards law enforcement).

Therefor it won't be easy (it has to be double checked in the code that it's allright to do so) and will probably come with many bugs.

It's a great idea and will add alot but I don't think we will see this in the coming months since the developers are using their time for moving to MTA.
Gook_Johnson

Post by Gook_Johnson »

Adj wrote:Dangerous is that semi-illegal guns like knifes, deagles and snipers can then be spread.

I think that in many situations this will turn into an excuse for having a gun (towards admins and towards law enforcement).

Therefor it won't be easy (it has to be double checked in the code that it's allright to do so) and will probably come with many bugs.

It's a great idea and will add alot but I don't think we will see this in the coming months since the developers are using their time for moving to MTA.
Well, you would only be able to /give guns that show on /frisk. No rockets and shit. Besides, if a LEO /gave a deagle, insta-fire probally.
mr_shamli

Post by mr_shamli »

Adj wrote:Dangerous is that semi-illegal guns like knifes, deagles and snipers can then be spread.

maybe we would be able to give only specified guns, like mp5, SDpistol, m4, etc. Not all
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

mr_shamli wrote:

maybe we would be able to give only specified guns, like mp5, SDpistol, m4, etc. Not all

If your going to nerf it that bad, whats the point? It would be just as easy to get said items off a arms dealer?
<DoctorJones> actually greg was really accurate
<DoctorJones> [08:13:19 PM] Greg_Moyer: Time untill unban request comes in from blitz: t-minus 5 minutes
<DoctorJones> [08:18:41 PM] *** Blitz has joined #gta.
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
<Godamnit> And thats why Greg > You
anarchcow
Game Name(s): Eliad_Asulin

Post by anarchcow »

Greg_Moyer wrote:
mr_shamli wrote:

If your going to nerf it that bad, whats the point? It would be just as easy to get said items off a arms dealer?
I think the whole idea would only be useful with inner-family trading when a specific vendor is not available (guns, mats, drugs).
Tom_Anderson

Post by Tom_Anderson »

Code: Select all

//-------------------------------[giveweapon]-------------------------------------------------------------------
	if(strcmp(cmd, "/give", true) == 0)
	{
	    if(IsPlayerConnected(playerid))
	    {
	        tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx);
	        if(!strlen(tmp))
			{
				SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD1, "USAGE: /give [playerid/PartofName] [name] [amount*]");
				SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD1, "NAME: Gun, Mats, Drugs");
				SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "* - This value is used for Mats and Drugs.");
				return 1;
			}
			giveplayerid = ReturnUser(tmp);
			new GiveType[256];
			GiveType = strtok(cmdtext, idx);
	        if(!strlen(GiveType))
			{
				SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD1, "USAGE: /give [playerid/PartofName] [name] [amount*]");
				SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD1, "NAME: Gun, Mats, Drugs");
				return 1;
			}
			if(IsPlayerConnected(giveplayerid))
			{
			    if(ProxDetectorS(5.0, playerid, giveplayerid))
			    {
			        tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx);
			    	if(strcmp(GiveType, "gun", true) == 0)
			    	{
			    	    new playergun;
			    	    new playerammo;
			    	    playergun = GetPlayerWeapon(playerid);
			    	    playerammo = GetPlayerAmmo(playerid);
			    	    if(playergun < 1)
			    	    {
			    	        SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, " You don't have a weapon !");
			    	        return 1;
						}
						if(playerammo < 1)
			    	    {
			    	        SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, " You don't have ammo !");
			    	        return 1;
						}
						if(playergun > 0)
						{
						    GivePlayerWeapon(playerid, playergun, -playerammo);
						    GivePlayerWeapon(giveplayerid, playergun, playerammo);
						    GetPlayerName(playerid, sendername, sizeof(sendername));
						    GetPlayerName(giveplayerid, giveplayer, sizeof(giveplayer));
						    format(string,sizeof(string), " %s has given you a weapon", sendername);
						    SendClientMessage(giveplayerid, COLOR_GREEN, string);
						    format(string,sizeof(string), " You have given %s a weapon", giveplayer);
                            SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREEN, string);
						}
					}
					if(strcmp(GiveType, "mats", true) == 0)
					{
					    moneys = strval(tmp);
					    if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pMats] < 1)
					    {
					        SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD1, " You don't have Materials !");
					        return 1;
						}
						if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pMats] < moneys)
						{
      						SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD1, " You don't have that many Materials !");
					        return 1;
						}
						if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pMats] >= moneys)
						{
						    PlayerInfo[giveplayerid][pMats] += moneys;
						    PlayerInfo[playerid][pMats] -= moneys;
						    format(string,sizeof(string), " %s has given you %d Materials", sendername, moneys);
						    format(string,sizeof(string), " You have given %s %d Materials", giveplayer, moneys);
						}
					}
					if(strcmp(GiveType, "drugs", true) == 0)
					{
                        moneys = strval(tmp);
					    if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pDrugs] < 0)
					    {
					        SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD1, " You dont have Drugs !");
					        return 1;
						}
						if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pDrugs] < moneys)
						{
      						SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD1, " You dont have that many Drugs !");
					        return 1;
						}
						if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pDrugs] >= moneys)
						{
						    PlayerInfo[giveplayerid][pDrugs] += moneys;
						    PlayerInfo[playerid][pDrugs] -= moneys;
						    format(string,sizeof(string), " %s has given you %d Drugs", sendername, moneys);
						    format(string,sizeof(string), " You have given %s %d Drugs", giveplayer, moneys);
						}
					}
				}
				else
				{
				    SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD1, " You are not near that person !");
				    return 1;
				}
			}
		}
		return 1;
	}
Last edited by Tom_Anderson on October 16th, 2008, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom_Anderson

Post by Tom_Anderson »

I didn't remove the ammo part yet. Just so you know.
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

you could try removing some typo's too

"drugss" " dont "
Tom_Anderson

Post by Tom_Anderson »

Yeah, sorry about that. Was in a rush.