Problems with keyboard made me go to jail[+Image]

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
Derek
Game Name(s): Derek_Kawasaki Gordon_McLoud

Problems with keyboard made me go to jail[+Image]

Post by Derek »

Well, my ingame name is Derek Kawasaki, and I'm kinda new at SAMP. The story I am going to tell is kinda funny and sad.

Recently, sometimes inside GTA:SAMP my keyboard goes crazy, and my character starts going forwards without pressing "W". My "D" changes weapons (instead of going right), and when I try to talk, I can't type anything understandable, 'cause all the letters are mixed.

So I was at the Tea house, when this has started for the third time in a row (I do logout and login to fix it), but that time I tried to fix it ingame. So I walked with my char around the TH, and unfortunately, I was near the street and holding a rifle (pressed letter "D"). A cop called Mrado, saw me and entered TH. He said the usual things like "/b handsup" but when I tried to do anything, my character runned towards the cop car haha I thought I would die. But he tazed me and put in his car. I thought loggin out could be worse.

I was with lots of illegal stuff and got a very high fine. On the way to the PD, I tried to spell something, but all I could say was something like ".pr/-=z", and Mrado answered " 'Ok'." hehe...

so I made this thread to justify my bad behaviour (walking around showing a weapon, not doing handsup and everything), and try to solve my problem. Did that has ever happened to anyone here?

In this picture, I pressed the keys:
1234567890-=qwertyuiop´[asdfghjklç~]zxcvbnm,.;/ (all keys, line by line)
and got this
ImageImage
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9379/problemssz7.gif
Derek Kawasaki - Lvl 7 - Yakuza

Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Re: Problems with keyboard made me go to jail[+Image]

Post by Chris Hansen »

It looks like you are using a Dvorak keyboard layout. Try disabling it in Language options or something.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Derek
Game Name(s): Derek_Kawasaki Gordon_McLoud

Post by Derek »

That was really one of the options on the settings. Probably there was a combination of keys that I was pressing during the game that were switching them. I removed the dvorak option (I remember I was trying it sometime ago). Well, thanks Chris. Hope that works.
Derek Kawasaki - Lvl 7 - Yakuza

Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

Shift + alt changes between keyboard layouts