Bodyguards

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
D_Black
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): Yoshimitsu Ichi

Re: Bodyguards

Post by D_Black »

Keegan_Russo wrote:The bodyguards sole function is to protect the mayor, that is it. It's when they tried to branch out in the past, is when the drama and retardation occurred. They should not be involved in point battles, no guarding gang leaders, and no law enforcement. It has been said before but I'll say it again, bodyguards are a faction of armed civilians to protect the mayor.

That being said, last night the PD recruited a few bodyguards to assist us on a long ass chase/pseudo event and they did fine.
D_Black wrote:

There is no FBI currently however mr "I joined this server on sept 22" maybe if you should be around or have been around so you actually know things about this server before you try your lame insults. There was an fbi before and there more then likely be one again. If you dont knoe sometimes the admin has auctiond off trips to the police and FBI arsonel I havent been inside the depths of the police station in a bit but there was a place to get vest from and still may be.

:cripes:

Maybe you should get the real info from someone who is in the PD, like Landino or pretty much any blue name that posted in this thread, or someone who was in the FBI, hint: me, before you start pulling the "HURRR NEWB" crap.
Like i said to him i dont like being misquoted as i was by the other guy but i will say he dont even have a charactor profile that i can see maybe its in some hidden section of the forums. I have seen you a few times ingamg Keegen but I have never seen this other guy. Opon further review i cant find your charactor profile either maybe its under some hidden top secret file that only the fbi can see.

Furthermore a bodyguard sould protect anyone who needs protection and is willing to pay for it. As a law enforcement agent you should understand that everyone is entitled to a safe life. Keep it real gang bosses, and anyone else who has the money to afford it allready have bodyguards. THe thing is that people who would like to make a legitimate living are forced to commit crimes such as smoking crack in order to get a vest smoking pot in order to restore health, and carrying firearms without properly being liscenced. Some of these issues can be fixed very easily by the FBI and LSPD doing the things they do in the real world.

Basicly the bottom line is that the system is still imcomplete(our system of rp that is) there is so many things the FBI and the police do wrong i cant even start to explain but when you said that bodyguards should only protect the mayor is kinda weak. If the mayor needs protection that bad assign a police officer to him and let that be that so we can focus on the other rp things this server needs to make the rp more complete.

Before you try to misquote me let me say it another way This is byfar one of the best SAMP rps out here however the community is lacking in RP responcibilities as far as making legitimate RP businesses which is the issue with most rp servers. Take my original reply to this post for example. I start by saying bodyguards should be allowed in the hitman faction so they could know when a hit is on so they could offer protection. Then if that was something that seemed like it wasnt gonna happen I say the FBI could Regulate bodyguards. This is the part whee you would come in if you were up to it and you would perhaps start a thread in your forum expalining the laws behind it and possibly taking the time to teach and test players on their actual skills. Once they are found worthy enough to pass some standard they would be allowed to become bodyguards as a reward for players remaining to walk a narrow path and not ever being arrested for stuff like murder.

I dont know how busy you are chasing down criminals with the LSPD or whatever you do I honestly dont know I dont believe anyone does but i will say we have alot of new people and I watch everyday as they get sucked into the abyss of the criminal underworld of Los Santos.

HELP CREATE SOME LEGITIMATE JOBS FOR GOODNESS SAKES it will make your job much more easy in the long run.
D_Black AKA Yoshimitsu
ALTIchi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8cce9WLBI
metalxkoz
Game Name(s): Niko_Koliask Darius_Williams Tater_OCallaghan

Post by metalxkoz »

I was told that the bodyguards are hired mercenaries for the mayor. Whether or not we're allowed to protect others is not known to my knowledge yet, but I wouldn't doubt that it would be allowed if the mayor wasn't on. It wouldn't hurt anything.

On another note, I realize that we are not the law, but if we are hired (hint hint back to mercenaries) then we shall help the police. It's basically a bargaining game where the highest bidder gets our service .. unless the mayor is on. As that is our highest priority, and main reason for being here as a faction.

No, we will not participate in point battles, gang wars (except if we're protecting someone IN the war), or any of that stuff. We're here to protect, not act like faggots. I'm telling my guys to lay low and blend in. That's why I'm not supporting the colored names anymore.

Back to what I want as of now (an updated list of requests) :
  • A few cars to spawn at the mansion (preferably black - maybe 2 Premiers and 2 Huntleys (for offroad))
  • Spawn with some armor, even half.
That's it, because we have weapons taken care of by our dealers.
Niko Koliask - DONUT SQUAD - Level 16
"this is the best please Nuglar plas" - Andres_B
"Niko are you black irl? ... Because your voice is deep like a black man's" - Gentle_Man
David_York

Post by David_York »

Isn't Ari handling this?
metalxkoz

Post by metalxkoz »

He said he was, he's just never on. Not trying to slam Ari, he's probably busy doing ... Ari stuff ... but yeah.
"Niko are you black irl? ... Because your voice is deep like a black man's" - Gentle_Man
anarchcow
Game Name(s): Eliad_Asulin

Post by anarchcow »

I thought this mayoral bodyguard shit was strictly for role play scenarios. Niko, you're suggesting integration with the PD and personalized luxuries. You lot aren't a family/faction.

Police officers who aren't cocksmiths should willingly apply to devote themselves for mayoral bodyguard services; almost every time i see a bodyguard they're running around thinking they are equal to police officers. "LSPD rejects" comes to mind, sorry if I'm sounding so deconstructive but I thought I might voice my opinion.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

anarchcow wrote:I thought this mayoral bodyguard shit was strictly for role play scenarios. Niko, you're suggesting integration with the PD and personalized luxuries. You lot aren't a family/faction.

Police officers who aren't cocksmiths should willingly apply to devote themselves for mayoral bodyguard services; almost every time i see a bodyguard they're running around thinking they are equal to police officers. "LSPD rejects" comes to mind, sorry if I'm sounding so deconstructive but I thought I might voice my opinion.
I've more than once had a bodyguard refer to me as a "cadet" despite being a SWAT Officer, and a few times they have requested permission to kill someone, even though it had nothing to do with their duties as a bodyguard for the mayor since he wasn't even online.

And yes, they are mostly LSPD rejects, some with denied applications, and others fired cadets/officers.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
metalxkoz

Post by metalxkoz »

I have no aspirations of ever joining the LSPD. I did get fired, but that was a month or so back, possibly two, I forget. I'm not a reject, nor are my fellow bodyguards. Let's get that clear.

I only have 4 enlisted as of now that I know of after taking lead. Those are : Myself, Frank Mason, Ralph Schnook, and Robinson Sparis. Anyone else should not be in it yet and will get evaluated if they wish.

...and all I'm asking for are a few god damned cars and some armor spawn (even half). That's NOT a lot to ask for. And I never said integration with the PD. I did suggest department chat so we could hear what was going down (possible reports of shooting the mayor, kidnapping, etc), but that got nailed. That isn't integration in my book, as we can't actually DO any arresting / tazing, police work in general, etc. Only listen in and call for backup if the mayor was in trouble (without using 911 - too slow)

I will note once again that we are hired mercenaries (for fellow bodyguards or others alike to understand). We are not police, we are more like goons, hired to protect the mayor. Like I suggested though .. we should be able to protect anyone we choose to if the mayor isn't on. He is still our biggest priority though, and will always come number one. Yeah YEAH. You my boy, Rask. 15 vodkas and then parachuting. Only you.

:iss:
badaland

Post by badaland »

niko koliask is a well known faggot who types up pretty posts on the forums a la jeff fisher and then acts like a queer in-game

the mayor's bodyguards should not get any powers because there is too much potential to abuse these powers. no matter who the bodyguards end up being, i can promise you it will lead to massive drama and bitching once the mayor logs off and the bodyguards get bored and do some dumb shit.

bodyguards only worked when wayne thompson was in charge and that was because it was all alts and wayne was an admin and did funny stuff.

the mayor faction is basically a comedy faction and anyone who wants to be a bodyguard should not get anything like free armor or special treatment, that would just be dumb.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Purge all bodyguards by nurgle rotting them with /quitfaction.

Also, totally agree with badaland, Niko has gotten removed from vent at least 3 times for being a huge unbearable
Last edited by Rob on August 22nd, 2019, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

metalxkoz

Post by metalxkoz »

You all overreact so much. If anyone were going to cause drama, it would be you.

P.S. - I've never gotten removed from Vent.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

metalxkoz wrote: I will note once again that we are hired mercenaries (for fellow bodyguards or others alike to understand). We are not police, we are more like goons, hired to protect the mayor.
Except I never see any of you ever with the mayor or protecting him, and instead see a lot of matrunning and shooting newbies.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
metalxkoz

Post by metalxkoz »

Well then Chris, I'll have to deal with that. Like I said in a previous post, those are the only 4 bodyguards I acknowledge as being hired. (I don't know how to get a list of faction members - but if I could, I'd fire the rest of them)

I know for a fact that myself, nor Frank or Ralph ever matrun. I also know that we don't shoot noobies for just any reason. We always have a solid reason (like they shot at us, etc). For Robinson, I'm not sure. But I'll handle it.

I was there with Rask the day he got the mayor position, other than that he hasn't been on the same hours as me. If he was on, I'd be, or any other bodyguard would be, with him.
David_York

Post by David_York »

I got Nurgles rot with /quitfaction + /dropcar for some reason + a random fine.

This I don't mind since it can be fixed with one paycheck, but Raskolnikov did tell me to stay in the faction. I think there has been some miss understanding as corny as that may sound.
metalxkoz wrote:I was there with Rask the day he got the mayor position, other than that he hasn't been on the same hours as me. If he was on, I'd be, or any other bodyguard would be, with him.
Yeah I must be in a different time zone because no one in the faction is on when I am.
anarchcow

Post by anarchcow »

metalxkoz wrote: ...and all I'm asking for are a few god damned cars and some armor spawn (even half). That's NOT a lot to ask for. And I never said integration with the PD. I did suggest department chat so we could hear what was going down (possible reports of shooting the mayor, kidnapping, etc), but that got nailed. That isn't integration in my book, as we can't actually DO any arresting / tazing, police work in general, etc. Only listen in and call for backup if the mayor was in trouble (without using 911 - too slow)

:iss:
So, basically, you want resources readily available for you and your employees because their job is too hard? Shooting the mayor/kidnapping? It's your responsibility to take complete control of the mayor and that's the whole purpose behind this mayoral bodyguard faction. Most of the police force should not be involved with the mayor's safety at all which is why I suggest this be a special task force branching off from the *official* police department.
Samiam22

Post by Samiam22 »

Anarchcow is right there. Police shouldn't really have to help the bodyguards as they are bodyguards and if they were so superior, they wouldn't NEED help. If two bodyguards can address SWAT officers as cadets, then they must be able to withstand about 2 cars of soulless gangsters trying to assassinate the mayor.
Sam_Iam, Level 7, Civilian
Liam_Heath, Level 2, SANews Correspondent
Damien_West, Level 1, Grove Street Families Recruit
metalxkoz

Post by metalxkoz »

What is giving you the impression that a few cars at the Mayor's Mansion and half armor is too much to ask? Every faction has a house (we have the mansion), some sort of transportation (we're suggesting Huntleys and Premiers), and we're asking for HALF armor (we're body guards, c'mon.) This isn't asking for anything out of the ordinary since we're BODYGUARDS.

I do not think it should be an official branch of the PD because it was already stated that we were privately owned, like mercenaries.
kotmatroskin
Game Name(s): Frank_Guinevere

Post by kotmatroskin »

Oh, god, shut up. You're not getting shit. A few random people will not get handouts just because they're calling themselves mercenaries, gangsters, ponies, whatever. You're either a troll with too much time on his hands or just a gigantic retard.
I did get fired... I'm not a reject
also lol
Image~
metalxkoz

Post by metalxkoz »

kotmatroskin wrote:You're either a troll with too much time on his hands or just a gigantic retard.
I'm gonna have to concur and turn this statement around on you.
Nurgle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nurgle »

no you aren't necessarily lspd rejects but you're all useless, retarded or faggots. Mostly all 3.
David_York

Post by David_York »

I'd like to point out that no one has complained about me. Please flame me since I am being a smart ass by posting this.
metalxkoz

Post by metalxkoz »

Flame flame flame.
anarchcow

Post by anarchcow »

David_York wrote:I'd like to point out that no one has complained about me. Please flame me since I am being a smart ass by posting this.
you applied for the PD and were not accepted. In fact, you were a hacker caught hacking, hacker, and you tried to slither away from your dark deed by creating a new forum account.
metalxkoz wrote:What is giving you the impression that a few cars at the Mayor's Mansion and half armor is too much to ask? Every faction has a house (we have the mansion), some sort of transportation (we're suggesting Huntleys and Premiers), and we're asking for HALF armor (we're body guards, c'mon.) This isn't asking for anything out of the ordinary since we're BODYGUARDS.
Then have yourself pay for every cent of those luxuries, privately owned right? In any case, your "faction" has no other use besides defending the mayor - get house-cars or see my previous suggestion.

P.S. All bodyguards have the ability to /guard someone. You don't need armor if you aren't protecting the mayor, you don't need armor if you aren't always inside that /guard radius.

P.P.S. This isn't *your* faction, stop treating it like it is otherwise.
metalxkoz

Post by metalxkoz »

Then why am I leading it? Ari set it up, and then gave leadership to me.
anarchcow

Post by anarchcow »

metalxkoz wrote:Then why am I leading it? Ari set it up, and then gave leadership to me.
*your* in the sense that it has more to its agenda than protecting the mayor. Also, please address my other points GOOD SIR.
Samiam22

Post by Samiam22 »

If anyone were to get half armour, it would be the mayor, for goodness sake you are supposed to TRADE your lives for the mayor's. You'll only deal with about 1 person a day if you are unlucky. Guess how freaking much the PD have to deal with EVERY day? 5 if they are lucky, maybe more. I have not seen a single bodyguard die and I see PD officers die all the time, they have full armour.
Sam_Iam, Level 7, Civilian
Liam_Heath, Level 2, SANews Correspondent
Damien_West, Level 1, Grove Street Families Recruit