Self Service Armament

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Strange

Self Service Armament

Post by Strange »

I would like to suggest removing the ability that gun dealers have to give themselves weapons.

As it currently stands, any player except arms dealers must seek out weapons from another player. If they die, they have to wait until they get out of the hospital, then locate an arms dealer to purchase a weapon. Arms dealers on the other hand, can give themselves a new gun while they are still twitching in the hospital, enabling them to immediately set out for revenge. Now, I know what arguments will be used against this. Gun Lockers and Be An Arms Dealer.

With the lockers, yes, many players will just be able to make their way to a gun locker and retrieve a stored weapon. I say, make the arms dealers do it too. They should have to use the same means as everyone else to obtain their weaponry. This makes everyone the same, and disallows one player to gain advantage over another.

As for becoming an arms dealer in order to gain this advantage yourself, there would still be advantage in being an arms dealer, as you would be able to trade with another dealer and still get the weapon for the same base cost, but it would require that you seek out a dealer just like everyone else. But on the other hand, you would have to find a dealer willing and able to trade you for the same weapon you wanted. Some dealers might not want to use the materials for an M4, and might insist that you pay for it instead. This is fair as well, since everyone else has to pay for guns, and the dealer will make the money back on the next one he sells, therefore breaking even with where he would be if he had made it himself.

The bottom line is that the ability to instantly manufacture a weapon whenever you desire is an unfair advantage over all the players that perform the other jobs the city needs. I think it would be fair to make arms dealers subject to the same limitations on obtaining guns that everyone else is.

And, yes, I am an arms dealer.
Fuji_Kaito

Re: Self Service Armament

Post by Fuji_Kaito »

i have all these guns for sale but quick gimme a gun i don't have one
[18:40] AdmWarning: [21]Fuji_Kaito 280722 mph <-- FakeSZR was fun!
mattyy

Post by mattyy »

Actually it doesnt makes a difference, you could just pass some of the mats to your gang members or friend and ask him to make you that gun
Dylindia Orio ~ Never forget
Dylan Dios
Matthew Fong
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

mercs have the 'unfair' advantage of finding people.
wheelmen have the 'unfair' advantage of repairing their car
drug dealers smoke weed all day every day
arms dealers make guns

what the fuck is not fair with this system? Each class has their advantage.

Also good luck seeking out revenge as an arms dealer since you don't know where anyone is !!
David_York

Post by David_York »

^

Damn straight...
Strange

Post by Strange »

Fuji_Kaito wrote:i have all these guns for sale but quick gimme a gun i don't have one
That is just a lame argument, try putting a little effort into it.
mattyy wrote:Actually it doesnt makes a difference, you could just pass some of the mats to your gang members or friend and ask him to make you that gun
Matty, you obviously didn't even read the post, or if you did, failed to understand it. Of course that would be possible, but it would require that you work in tandem with another arms dealer. This was all in the post already, try reading it again.

Silver_Leo wrote:mercs have the 'unfair' advantage of finding people.
wheelmen have the 'unfair' advantage of repairing their car
drug dealers smoke weed all day every day
arms dealers make guns

what the fuck is not fair with this system? Each class has their advantage.

Also good luck seeking out revenge as an arms dealer since you don't know where anyone is !!
I expected better from you Leo. Really, I did. Did you even think this through before posting?

The find function of the mercenary is not an unfair advantage, just like the ability to sell guns is not. But the mercenary cannot guard themselves to gain armor, they can only provide this service to others. Would you not agree that guarding yourself would be unfair? It is the same as being able to arm yourself.

The wheelman job. Yes, I agree, it IS an unfair advantage that a wheelman can repair his own car on the move. But this topic is not about the wheelman, and I find it disheartening that you would have the attitude of "Just because one job is messed up, why can't all of them be". This topic isn't addressing the problems with that job, but with arms dealing. Your logic on this one was lacking friend.

Drug Dealers. Drug dealers can only carry so many drugs under the current system, so if a drug dealer is smoking up his own stock, then he has less than the full amount to sell to others, therefore reducing his profit unless he re-acquires. This means that he will have to run back to the pick-up spot, and get more in order to go sell them. Unlike a gun dealer, the drug dealer cant pack around a vast supply of product which balances out the fact that they can use their own stock cheaper.

I welcome people to argue against my ideas, but please do so in a logical fashion. The posts up to this point were hardly worth the time it took to read them.
Landino_Semunchi

Post by Landino_Semunchi »

So don't allow drug dealers to use drugs, allow wheelmen to repair or nos their own car...
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

So what you want is for Arms Dealers to have to create guns only at gun lockers? Yes/No
Do you want players to be able to use materials to make guns at gun lockers if they are not Arms Dealers? Yes/No
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Strange

Post by Strange »

Ari_Papadopoulos wrote:So what you want is for Arms Dealers to have to create guns only at gun lockers? Yes/No
Do you want players to be able to use materials to make guns at gun lockers if they are not Arms Dealers? Yes/No

Not at all Ari. What I am suggesting is not that arms dealers should have to be present at a locker to make guns, but that if they should wish to obtain a weapon without visiting a fellow arms dealer, they should have to retrieve one from their own locker like everyone else.

The ability to create guns should only be available to the arms dealer, as allowing others to make their own weapons from materials would defeat the entire purpose of the arms dealer job.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

I don't see the point to this. Each of the jobs have their own perks as Silver mentioned. Wheelmen can repair and modify their own car, drug dealers can smoke the pot they buy at drug dens, lawyers can /tinfoil themselves, and mercenaries can guard, breakin, tie, find and all that. If we gimp one of the jobs, we'd have to gimp them all. Making an arms dealer go out of his way to buy guns which he has mats for doesn't make sense, nor would it make sense for a wheelman to call for another wheelman while his car is on fire, etc.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Strange

Post by Strange »

I am sorry that you don't understand it Chris, but this is not "gimping" the job at all. They will still be able to sell weapons, which is what the job is for. All I am saying is that in all fairness, arms dealers should have to have the same foresight other players display by acquiring weapons in advance to store in their lockers.

And maybe a wheelman should get his car repaired before it catches on fire.
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Strange wrote:
Ari_Papadopoulos wrote:So what you want is for Arms Dealers to have to create guns only at gun lockers? Yes/No

Not at all Ari. What I am suggesting is not that arms dealers should have to be present at a locker to make guns, but that if they should wish to obtain a weapon without visiting a fellow arms dealer, they should have to retrieve one from their own locker like everyone else.

The ability to create guns should only be available to the arms dealer, as allowing others to make their own weapons from materials would defeat the entire purpose of the arms dealer job.
Ok, so you're saying that arms dealers should ideally ONLY be able to make guns at lockers for themselves, and not at other locations? Yes/No
Or, are you saying that arms dealers should never be able to create a gun for themselves, only for others, and that if an arms dealer wants a gun they should have to seek out another arms dealer?
Or, are you saying that everyone should be able to make guns out of materials as long as they are at a locker, and only arms dealers should be able to buy and sell guns?

Please confirm or deny these statements so I, and others, understand what you are proposing.

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Strange

Post by Strange »

Ari_Papadopoulos wrote:
Strange wrote:

Ok, so you're saying that arms dealers should ideally ONLY be able to make guns at lockers for themselves, and not at other locations? Yes/No
Or, are you saying that arms dealers should never be able to create a gun for themselves, only for others, and that if an arms dealer wants a gun they should have to seek out another arms dealer?
Or, are you saying that everyone should be able to make guns out of materials as long as they are at a locker, and only arms dealers should be able to buy and sell guns?

Please confirm or deny these statements so I, and others, understand what you are proposing.

Are you intentionally misunderstanding this Ari? The answer to that is right there in the quote. But as you offered it as one of your options, I'll use your own words.
That is exactly what I'm saying.
connie_lingus
Game Name(s): Sony Panasonic - Yakuza

Post by connie_lingus »

Fuji_Kaito wrote:i have all these guns for sale but quick gimme a gun i don't have one
EXACTLY
Me can onry forgive one persahn a day, today is not your day unfortunatery, tomorrow doesn't rook good eithar.
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Strange wrote:I am sorry that you don't understand it Chris, but this is not "gimping" the job at all. They will still be able to sell weapons, which is what the job is for.
It is gimping the job because it takes away one of the features/perks of the job. It would be the same as if Mercenaries could no longer /find people or if Wheelmen couldn't use NOS. I don't see any reason or benefit to removing an arms dealer's ability to sell guns to himself.
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, this is a moronic suggestion, that's why I was having trouble understanding it. Should a wheelman have to seek out another wheelman to repair? Should a drug dealer have to seek out another drug dealer in order to use drugs? Should a mercenary have to ask another mercenary to find someone for him?

Yes, it's an unfair advantage that Arms Dealers can make guns on the spot, but that is the point of the different jobs. Right now drug dealer is pretty unbalanced, but otherwise all the jobs have their own advantages.

Strange

Post by Strange »

No, it was a good suggestion, it was just met with moronic responses. I suppose the whole concept is above your ability to reason it out, but that's the way it goes I guess. And Ari, the "Should a mercenary have to have another mercenary find for him thing" is proof that you lack the ability to understand the relationships between the two jobs' abilities. It would be like a mercenary being able to guard himself to gain armor, not find people.

I guess you just don't want to take the time to think out how each job relates to the entire server as far as balance and economic force, or you lack the ability to do so and shoot down any suggestion that might bring that to light. But have it your way, brow beat the idea into obscurity with foolishness. Anything to avoid making the server a more interesting place to play. And God help any suggestion that might actually force people to interact with each other.

I guess I'm done with this topic then. Have fun with it.
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

p.s: with suggestions not even worth half a nutsack, your patronizing behavior and over-inflated manically disturbed ego is just out of place here. please fix the unfair advantage of sucking your own dick over your own suggestions as this veneration of yourself is heresy.

p.p.s: Are you just mad that an arms dealer created a gun and shot you?
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

It's no wonder this guy gave a dumb suggestion.

He also prefers static housing over dynamic houses, he thinks $100 is too much for pot, and to top it all off he likes to play devil's advocate and is an aspiring law student leading me to believe he doesn't actually want any of the changes he has suggested, but is instead arguing for the sake of argument.
Kofi_Kingston
Game Name(s): Kofi_Kingston Samuel_L_Jackson Dave_Mustaine

Post by Kofi_Kingston »

Chris Hansen wrote:It's no wonder this guy gave a dumb suggestion.

He also prefers static housing over dynamic houses, he thinks $100 is too much for pot, and to top it all off he likes to play devil's advocate and is an aspiring law student leading me to believe he doesn't actually want any of the changes he has suggested, but is instead arguing for the sake of argument.
<stenchman> ☣☠④②ⓞ☠☣
Jai_Mcmannus

Post by Jai_Mcmannus »

Ok i was just browsing the forums and i found this thread

And i thought i'd throw my thought to the topic

With your idea of arms dealers not being able to sell themselves guns i believe they should be able to because they work for there shit. Meaning they take the time and effort to earn the mats and why would they buy a gun from someone else if they can sell to themselves at mat price instead of buying of someone who charges more inorder to make a profit. The reason Mercs cannot /guard themselves is because they do not spend time and money inorder to be able to do it. Unlike gun dealers they put money into the mats they run so in turn get the privlage to sell to themselves. And with drug dealers geting high of the own supply this is not judged as unfair for 2 reasons i believe one because in reallife drug dealers do get high on there supply and that they pay for the drugs and get the right to use there money for a little bit of personal gain or help.
Jose Ramirez

Gook_Johnson

Post by Gook_Johnson »

this sums up the awnser you will get for this thread...

no
Nurgle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nurgle »

no