Paramedics system (suggestion)

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Derek
Game Name(s): Derek_Kawasaki Gordon_McLoud

Paramedics system (suggestion)

Post by Derek »

Hello! I got an idea about how the paramedics job/faction should work. I hope you like it and give suggestions to improve it.
First of all, I think that it should be necessary to apply on forums to be a paramedic (like LSPD, Taxi, et cetera).

I will tell you how it works in a "story" style. The Victim's and the Paramedic's story.

Victim's story:

You reach 0 health (it doesn't matter the reason: being shot, falling from a bridge, bleeding to death, drowning, burning...).

You lie on your back as usually (or float in case of drowning), without being able to move or type certain /commands. So a message appears on your textbox:

"** You lost too much blood! You have 10 seconds to call the paramedics or you will faint and die! (( type /service paramedics )) **"

So you will have two options:
-wait the 10 seconds and die
-type /service paramedics

In case you choose the first, 10 seconds will be gone and you will simply wake up at the hospital, wait a few seconds there and respawn on your respawn point.

In case you choose the second one :D the following can happen:

Possibility 1 - No paramedics on duty:
You get the message "** No paramedics on duty! **", you faint after 10 seconds and die. You wake up at the hospital, wait a few seconds there and respawn on your respawn point.

Possibility 2 - Paramedics on duty but no one accepts your call:
You get the message "** You have called for a paramedic, you have still 20 seconds of consciousness to wait for a reply. **"
You faint after 20 seconds and die. You wake up at the hospital, wait a few seconds there and respawn on your respawn point.

Possibility 3 - Paramedics on duty and one of them accepts your call:
You get the message "** You have called for a paramedic, you have still 20 seconds of consciousness to wait for a reply. **"
Before the 20 seconds are over, you get the message: "** Paramedic Gordon_McLoud has accepted your Paramedics Call. You still have 0:46 of consciousness to wait for Gordon_McLoud. **"

Possibility 3.1 - Paramedics on duty, one of them accepts your call, but the paramedic can't arrive in time:
You faint after the 46 seconds and die. You wake up at the hospital, wait a few seconds there and respawn on your respawn point.

Possibility 3.2 - Paramedics on duty, one of them accepts your call, and the paramedic does his job.
Before the 46 seconds are over, the paramedic arrives with his ambulance, steps out of his vehicle, comes near you and a message appears:
"** Paramedic Gordon_McLoud tries to help you but he realizes your health insurance doesn't cover his services, so a $3000 ammount has been taken from your bank account. You should take a rest now. **"
Your bank balance decreases 3000, you get on your feet again, you still have your guns and drugs, but you don't have full health (only the sufficient for you not to bleed). Paramedic drives away and you are free.

Paramedic's story

You're slapping some nurse's ass or adjusting your monocle when you get the message: "** You have a call from (32)Derek_Kawasaki! He will die in approximately 46 seconds! Type /accept 32 to accept his call! **" and a light blue icon appears on your map indicating the position of Derek.

Possibility 1 - You don't give a shit and continue slapping asses.

Possibility 2 - You type /accept 32 (this should work as taxi or wheelman, I dont know what they type to accept a call), so a counter appears on your screen showing 0:46, ... 0:45, so you enter your Ambulance and goes after the pacient.

Possibility 2.1 - You can't make it, and you are punished by losing 500 bucks.

Possibility 2.2 - You arrive at the light blue mark, you get near the pacient and type /defibrillator or /def, so the pacient comes back to life, and you just saved someone.

-----------------------

Well, as you can see, the main thing functions as Taxi or wheelman services. The main idea is that you can keep your guns and drugs if you call for a paramedic, that is what will encourage someone to choose /service paramedics instead of dying. Of course you will lose some money, but less money than what you would have to spend to get your guns and drugs again.

I hope I made it clear for you. Now I will wait for your critics.

Thanks to Ari_Papadopoulos for encouraging me to post here!
Derek Kawasaki - Lvl 7 - Yakuza

Alexander_Zimmermann

Re: Paramedics system (suggestion)

Post by Alexander_Zimmermann »

Ohai.

- Do you know it's not possible to avoid the 'death screen' once you have 0 health?

- Have you assumed how will this interfere with the bleeding system?

- Have you realized how much this will be exploited even by paramedics?
The boiled juice from the cactus contains
the worlds highest concentration
of the hallucinogen known as mescaline.
David_Lewis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by David_Lewis »

Alexander_Zimmermann wrote:Do you know it's not possible to avoid the 'death screen' once you have 0 health?
I would believe it to be possible to allow an interference to be triggered when a certain health number is reached. Such as 1 percent or what not.
Alexander_Zimmermann wrote:- Have you assumed how will this interfere with the bleeding system?
It would not interfere with it at all, it would just be triggered in accordance to the health bar just like when bleeding is triggered, just a different system.
Alexander_Zimmermann wrote:- Have you realized how much this will be exploited even by paramedics?
I do not disagree about exploiting, but I would suggest it would be a job not just any one can get into, just like LSPD.

Good idea Derek.
Dom wrote:you won't be accepted in the PD being that all of us saw your last application which was deleted; it was copy+pasted from an already denied app. if you're gonna plagiarize why wouldn't you do it from an application that was at least accepted? christ
Alexander_Zimmermann

Post by Alexander_Zimmermann »

David_Lewis wrote:
Alexander_Zimmermann wrote:Do you know it's not possible to avoid the 'death screen' once you have 0 health?
I would believe it to be possible to allow an interference to be triggered when a certain health number is reached. Such as 1 percent or what not.
Yes i expected this answer, i'll get my point in the next comment.
David_Lewis wrote:
Alexander_Zimmermann wrote:- Have you assumed how will this interfere with the bleeding system?
It would not interfere with it at all, it would just be triggered in accordance to the health bar just like when bleeding is triggered, just a different system.
Yes it will interfere with the bleeding sys, but i know a way to make it not to do such thing.

But yeah, this idea is nice.
The boiled juice from the cactus contains
the worlds highest concentration
of the hallucinogen known as mescaline.
Mick_Jones

Post by Mick_Jones »

For like one day they added paramedics a month ago.

Basically all it was was Brick running around hitting people with flowers, then they took it out. Also, do you realize how badly this would fuck over point battles?
Caleb_Williams wrote:Ok all i was trying to say was we could all do a little better job rping and im not the one with jizz all over my face.
Derek
Game Name(s): Derek_Kawasaki Gordon_McLoud

Post by Derek »

Mick_Jones wrote:For like one day they added paramedics a month ago.

Basically all it was was Brick running around hitting people with flowers, then they took it out. Also, do you realize how badly this would fuck over point battles?
Yes, if we don't make some rules about the behaviour of the medics, it certainly would fuck up the point battles. I didn't mention on my post, but I thought the medics shouldn't interfere on the point battles (just as LSPD already do). It would be a faggot attitude, and he could be fucked up on the Court Room for it, like losing his medic license or something. If you are in a point battle and you see a medic around, you have the right to kill him/her.

Also, the guy who was ressurected would have low health, so if he is in the middle of the shooting he will probably die again.

Thanks for the feedback and for the critics, everyone
Derek Kawasaki - Lvl 7 - Yakuza

Elmer_Fudd
Donut Chaser

Post by Elmer_Fudd »

Being a paramedic would be the shit. I second this suggestion.
I tawk wif a wisp.

Peck Rockhard
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Peck Rockhard »

I also support this. It would be really useful around LS. But i would increase time to 1 min or so. Because if you drive in an ambulance, you just won't make it from one side of town to another, people should be able to have change to drive, because we know some people isn't as much skilled than others and crash all the time. And person would still die. I also would add healing system. If person is injured and sees medic, then medic would be able to help him/her or person would be able to call medic and i would set price to 1000 or 500 for full heal.
Otherwise this is really good idea.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Paramedics FTW

I think that if you're lying on the ground, you shouldn't be able to call a paramedic. Restrict that like calls are restricted in /tie. As you are lying there, you should still be able to /s ("Help! Someone call an ambulance! I'm hurt..." something like that.) Instead, if you're on the verge of fainting, someone else should have to call for you. Maybe it should depend on the severity of the injury.

Maybe this is too complex of an idea. I honestly just want the paramedic skin and the ambulance.
Finn wrote:Yeah, the depth of idiocy one encounters in this corner of the internet does tend to get disheartening.
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

While it is fun to RP a medic, its a waste of time to do anything with the faction. Only giving medics 10-30 seconds to reach you isn't enough time, and people would end up waiting too long for a medic and die out anyways.
<DoctorJones> actually greg was really accurate
<DoctorJones> [08:13:19 PM] Greg_Moyer: Time untill unban request comes in from blitz: t-minus 5 minutes
<DoctorJones> [08:18:41 PM] *** Blitz has joined #gta.
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
<Godamnit> And thats why Greg > You
Kofi_Kingston
Game Name(s): Kofi_Kingston Samuel_L_Jackson Dave_Mustaine

Post by Kofi_Kingston »

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if the faction is indeed coded in (which I think it already is) would fast food/soda machines be removed from the server? This would counter food exploiting, however the faction would need to be fairly large for obvious reasons.
<stenchman> ☣☠④②ⓞ☠☣
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

Kofi_Kingston wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if the faction is indeed coded in (which I think it already is) would fast food/soda machines be removed from the server? This would counter food exploiting, however the faction would need to be fairly large for obvious reasons.
We have a single cop logged on, a lot of the time, and you want a big medic faction?
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
DumbestDog

Post by DumbestDog »

Ari_Papadopoulos wrote:
Kofi_Kingston wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if the faction is indeed coded in (which I think it already is) would fast food/soda machines be removed from the server? This would counter food exploiting, however the faction would need to be fairly large for obvious reasons.
We have a single cop logged on, a lot of the time, and you want a big medic faction?
a massive medic faction that will circle the world with great number
they shall march on jerusalem and damascus with their numbers
they shall stomp down the eastern civilizations with speed and proximity
and they will wage great war to the city of rome and all who inhabbit it
they shall sail the sea with great knowledge of the surrounding,
and own that on which they sail

for nothing is greater than the power of medic
they can not be stoped by rain nor snow
and they can not be stopped by wind or hail
when their name is sounded knees shall bend
and every tounge shall confess
"I STOLE THIS PART FROM THE BIBLE!"

because the power of medic is endless
none can stop a medic
because a medic is what can never be stopped

long live medic
Kofi_Kingston
Game Name(s): Kofi_Kingston Samuel_L_Jackson Dave_Mustaine

Post by Kofi_Kingston »

Ari_Papadopoulos wrote:
Well that's what i'm saying, the faction would need to be huge. I'd assume that the recruitment process would be fairly straight forward to pass, as medics really have limited powers, but time zones would be an issue.
Last edited by Kofi_Kingston on December 2nd, 2008, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<stenchman> ☣☠④②ⓞ☠☣
Gook_Johnson

Post by Gook_Johnson »

this suggestion will probally never be put in because people will always abuse shit and admins know this and don't want to deal with bullshit and coding it in if they know it wont work.
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

Kofi_Kingston wrote:Well that's what I'm saying, the faction would need to be huge. I'd assume that the recruitment process would be fairly straight forward to pass, as medics really have limited powers, but time zones would be an issue.
No, what I'm saying is this: We can't get enough people who are trustworthy and won't abuse the job or break the rules in order to have a big police faction. I run the news, a fun job that requires trustworthy people, and there's rarely anyone actively doing news on the server - nor anyone qualified who wants to do so. I like the idea of a medic faction, and I could see it working, but I can't imagine you'd be able to get a large number of people into it without it devolving into metagaming interfering in gang war bullshit.

This is ignoring how much time it would take to implement a decent medic faction.

That said, if someone comes out with a very well written and well thought out proposal for something that would both be fun, and would be difficult to abuse, there's a reasonable chance that it will be implemented.

Addendum to this is that we (I'm pretty sure there's concensus on this) do NOT want to lessen the death penalty at all. I will vote no (not that it's all up to me) on any proposition that allows players to keep their guns on death, unless it's balanced by losing a big chunk of cash per each saved gun - something around the price of the gun.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Greg_Moyer
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!

Post by Greg_Moyer »

Ari_Papadopoulos wrote: Addendum to this is that we (I'm pretty sure there's concensus on this) do NOT want to lessen the death penalty at all. I will vote no (not that it's all up to me) on any proposition that allows players to keep their guns on death, unless it's balanced by losing a big chunk of cash per each saved gun - something around the price of the gun.
Bingo.

Would it make everyone feel better if I just removed the medic line out of call 911?
<DoctorJones> actually greg was really accurate
<DoctorJones> [08:13:19 PM] Greg_Moyer: Time untill unban request comes in from blitz: t-minus 5 minutes
<DoctorJones> [08:18:41 PM] *** Blitz has joined #gta.
<tmm3k> 22 seconds off
<Godamnit> And thats why Greg > You
Panzerfaust
Game Name(s): Gene_Hunt Marcus_Denroy

Post by Panzerfaust »

That might be a good idea. It often seems to confuse newbies, as I've seen more than one call 911 for a paramedic, then sit there bleeding to death waiting for an ambulance that'll never come.
DumbestDog

Post by DumbestDog »

Greg_Moyer wrote:Bingo.

Would it make everyone feel better if I just removed the medic line out of call 911?
no i like reporting people to the medics and pretending like im calling 911 keep it.
Sidorov
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by Sidorov »

No the faction doesn't have to be huge. It's impossible to remove sprunk machines from the game, so paramedics would only be an added luxury to the already existing game mode, not something that's required.

If the faction does come into play, I suggest a /detain like command the paramedic can use on the person which puts them into the ambulence. The paramedic has to drive to the hospital and use whatever command to bring someone back to life there, removing the easily abused aspect of it.

All that said it'll probably never be added anyway