Way to prevent teleporting hacks.

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
mattyy

Way to prevent teleporting hacks.

Post by mattyy »

Just for today, i saw a number 5 people doing teleporting hacks for mat runs. They disappeared when they saw me so i couldnt get a name.
But what i'm suggesting now is to prevent people from hacking mat runs to ruin the server's economy.

Make a time limit on how long you can do per /mget or /deliver.
As for the time limit, use both a helicopter and a buffalo to do a run, back and forth and record the timing for all 3 different mat points.
And then get the fastest time as the time limit.
Although it will cause some troubles for people crossing over from different mat runs, but its only a few seconds and this will greatly benefit the server to be free from tele hackers.
Dylindia Orio ~ Never forget
Dylan Dios
Matthew Fong
Smokey_ONeil

Re: Way to prevent teleporting hacks.

Post by Smokey_ONeil »

good idea
Van_Hell wrote:so was i will make die all the times bears want this sux.
Deda_Yammine

Post by Deda_Yammine »

i could recommend, that since (im only guessing) admins can see the info of the location of every person and they have te info of the max speed of the vehicles then when someone passes this limit then he should be autobanned or investigated
Colorfinger

Post by Colorfinger »

I like both of the ideas in this thread. mattyy i think your idea is actually really good. I'll point Greg / SALMON / etc at this thread.

Deda - you should know that there used to be a "speed" warning but it triggered CONSTANTLY (i.e. any time someone enters or exits an interior since they are effectively teleporting - albeit in a permitted way).
<%mrado> the worst admin to be angry with you is Colorfinger
<%mrado> because Colorfinger is never angry
<%mrado> thats how you know you're a gay jerk
The Captain wrote:
Wally_Stone wrote:
Dom wrote:Colorfinger owns, stop crying.