Los Santos Traffic Control Department

Moderators: Juke, Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Daniel Mason

Los Santos Traffic Control Department

Post by Daniel Mason »

The Los Santos Department Of Traffic Control :

Description:

The Los Santos Department of Traffic Control (LSDOTC) is here to prevent further accidents on the streets of our city , it has come to our attention that the number of accidents that ended up with victims has increased in the last month so we decided to increase our personnel and our patrols on the streets so we can keep people safe.
Remember that we are here for your own safety so treat our officers with respect , keep in mind to always wear your seatbelt and obey the speeding and other traffic rules .

Traffic violations and tickets :

Speeding:
Because of the low city population the speed limits are high of course except near areas with a high amount of population ,the average speed limit is 60 mph in the city limits and 80 mph outside the city ,breaking it will result in receiving a ticket from 500 $ to 2000 $ depending on the speed.

Hitting a parked car ( if the car is parked correctly) :
This will result in a 600 $ ticket and giving the victim repair money for his car ( if he asks for one )

Driving on the left side of the road :
It will result in a ticket from 500 $ to 1200 $ depending on the amount of time you drive on the wrong side.

Accidents that sold with an injury or sudden death :
This will result with a ticket from 2000 $ to 5000 $ depending on the situation , this is highly illegal and can also be considered as murder depending on the circumstances .

Illegal parking :
This will sold with a 300 $ ticket and moving your car to a legal parking place ,if there is no owner around the car will be impounded .

Illegal roadblocks , parades (without having the LSPD or LSDOTC consent ) :

These sold with a ticket from 600 $ to 2000 $ to all participants at the roadblock and/or parade depending on the situation

Traffic accidents are the leading cause of death in Los Santos for ages. The Los Santos Traffic Control Department values the health and safety of all those who drive or otherwise occupy a vehicle operating within Town limits, as well as that of the pedestrian population. In that light, we very aggressively enforce all State, County, and Municipal traffic laws.

Take a few moments each day to think about how you want other drivers to drive in your neighborhood. Be observant of the posted speed limits; they are there for everyone's safety. Also be aware of what is going on around you at all times. It only takes a split second for a child or pet to run out into the road!
Pedestrians please always use the sidewalks ,if you get hit on the road by a non – speeding car it will not be the drivers fault but your own.

Why?:
Well there are lots of people who don’t know or don’t care about how they drive , I’m sure we could bring some order in the traffic here ,me and my guys will do our best to keep the streets safe , I don’t even care about the leadership because ill be on the streets with my guys keeping them safe .
((As for the OOC , well i would say we are pretty established here on SZR , not as a gang but as players , I don’t want this to be a gang but a faction like the LSPD or the SA News , I hope we will make it official so we can prove ourselves ))

Members

Daniel_Mason / Daniel Mason
Eirik_Grell / eirik
Heike_Myhre / D_Bone
JayJay_mclone / JayJay_mclone
Mike_Melts / Ed_Waldsmith
Nick_Gomez / KazyKing

Desired Skins

((Well for vehicles we would like wayfarers, and a towtruck would be great ,so we can tow cars that are illegaly parked , even tough we would have liked some sirens but im ok with what we can get))

Last edited by Daniel Mason on January 21st, 2009, 5:19 am, edited 11 times in total.
Sai_Kazkanov
Game Name(s): Sai_Kazkanov Sai_Yakamura Sai_Crabpuss

Re: Los Santos Traffic Control Department [in need of members]

Post by Sai_Kazkanov »

SAS? What?
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

This seems like a good faction application, the skins with the tan uniform and/or the hat are the only one I can see causing a conflict (Joe McGoebbler) Perhaps you could also add something on vehicles.
[IMG]
Daniel Mason

Post by Daniel Mason »

Im glad you think its a good application ,added something on vehicles and as for that skin well , i could tell my guys not to use it or something
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

the decision is not mine on this, but I would suggest you ask for wayfarers (like police bikes but civilian versions) which may be able to be faction locked. In my experience, the act of telling members not to use a skin that is in the pool is doomed to fail, it would be easier to use the skins that are already in the SAS faction pool, maybe with the cop biker skin aswell.

The secret to a successful application is to minimize the effort that coders/admins need to put in, and with the faction already set up, your chances are pretty good.
[IMG]
Sai_Kazkanov

Post by Sai_Kazkanov »

I think it should just replace the SAS.

They are all but useless right now except for amusing conversations about crushed hopes and dreams when they realize they can't do shit.

They can be equipped with 'mace' and nightsticks. Fuck giving them guns, SAS like to randomly shoot things in an attempt to feel in control.
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.
Daniel Mason

Post by Daniel Mason »

Well im ok with replacing SAS those skins are good too ,and thanks for the advice ,ill keep it in mind , i got the money for the faction now i still need a couple of members ,ill change the skins and ill put the wayfarers in the app .
Miquel Lacoste
Game Name(s): Miquel_Lacoste

Post by Miquel Lacoste »

Well, it seems to be a good Community.
So i support it.
Ill hope also that your faction will make the traffic alot better.
You got my support. :neck:
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

Never going to happen unless Joe puts it in for comedy
D_Bone

Post by D_Bone »

Why not Juke? The number of people who drives wreckless is insanely high these days.
Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Post by Juke »

Any time people are given powers and responsibilities meant to be MUCH LESS than those of LSPD they act like they're ranking members of the Gestapo until we get more complaints than even SZR admins can ignore
Mike_Shines
Game Name(s): Tom_Brady

Post by Mike_Shines »

I Think This Gets A Big Plus I Think It Great Idea I Would Love Help Out if you do make it!
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

This sounds GREAT!

Because it's making me sick, the way the people drive here! So I hope you get approved!
Kitty_Mason wrote:
Rho wrote:im hung like a chinese mouse and will never get to see boobs like those let alone play with them
Sai_Kazkanov

Post by Sai_Kazkanov »

Mike_Shines wrote:I Think This Gets A Big Plus I Think It Great Idea I Would Love Help Out if you do make it!
It Is A Pretty Good Idea, But I Also Agree With Juke Now The More that I think about it.
Mike_Shines

Post by Mike_Shines »

i think this great idea in i think this should take over the SAS Cus They Take Advange of their powers Even you reachel know that every cop knows that i resepect cops but when mall cops / sas pull you over acting like cops in then kill you for no reason make no since.. with that said i give this big UP'S by the pay i know role play Know so Yeah Thanks Alot Tom_Brady
Daniel Mason

Post by Daniel Mason »

Thanks for your support people , im sure my guys will not cause problems and they will act like simple traffic control agents , i trust them and they have some ingame experience from before the wipe , and if we get official i wont just go around inviting anyone who asks into my faction , i will try to get good rpers that are mature enough to take this role ,as i said in the app , give us a chance to prove ourselves.

Im glad some people like the ideea and im sure we will determine people to drive by the rules , of course if the situation gets out of control and people will refuse to comply we will call the police ( or announce them by radio if we get a common radio with the LSPD ) , we will only shoot if they will shoot at us first ,of course our main objective will be to control the traffic and see to it that no more incidents will happen.
Ed_Waldsmith

Post by Ed_Waldsmith »

I'll make a 3rd Alt, and you can count me in on the alt.

Ideally, the name would be Mike_Melts
Juke wrote:you can never have too many "Z"s or "X"s to show people how fzcxing xtremezy you are.
Daniel Mason

Post by Daniel Mason »

I'll make a 3rd Alt, and you can count me in on the alt.

Ideally, the name would be Mike_Melts

Ok i got you in , i hope your a mature guy and that we will get along , i am in need of people ,anyway we will have some time to know eachother ingame... i sent you a pm with our /joingang so we can talk more there .
kotmatroskin
Game Name(s): Frank_Guinevere

Post by kotmatroskin »

D_Bone wrote:Why not Juke? The number of people who drives wreckless is insanely high these days.
And what is wrong with that? It's light RP for a reason. Besides, I believe the current mayor's policies allow you to drive wherever you want legally.
Image~
Ed_Waldsmith

Post by Ed_Waldsmith »

Then lets vote to have that position changed. It's a democracy, we can do it if the majority agrees to it.

It appears that the majority of posters like this idea/faction, and are annoyed by erratic drivers.

My idea addon: The higher-ranking ops would have ECOM (Emercency Communication) access to the PD radio for backup requests/bigger situations.
Juke wrote:you can never have too many "Z"s or "X"s to show people how fzcxing xtremezy you are.
kotmatroskin
Game Name(s): Frank_Guinevere

Post by kotmatroskin »

No, it's not a democracy

And no, this won't ever happen because it's really dumb and
It's light RP for a reason
Image~
Mike_Shines

Post by Mike_Shines »

I WILL JOIN WITH U IF U WONT
KazyKing

Post by KazyKing »

Yea i like the idea im getting a little sick and tired of me tricking out my car and someone comes by doing 70 and hits it on purpose its a little annoying and also the way people park is just sick i know its just a game put geez its role play play like it i give this idea 2 thumbs up i like it and i am willing to join =)
Niles_Babcock

Post by Niles_Babcock »

This is MUSCI to my ears! :smithwagon:

The way you people drive here is :iss: .. especially for a RP server!
There has to be something done! I hope you guys make it official! Maybe not as family, even bigger! Soemthing as 'powerfull' as the LSPD perhaps
Daniel Mason

Post by Daniel Mason »

Thanks for the support guys , oh yea ,and for the light rp thing...well it is light rp but its not a stunt server ,it is rp for a reason , light rp means that you don't have to use /me at every action you make ,you don't have rp a car theft unless you want to ,you don't have an /engine action and you don't have to rp starting your car ,but that doesnt give you the right to drive like a maniac or park in the middle of the road , its just annoying to people on the server that get their car blown away or they even get killed cause of dumb people that drive like maniacs