Move DH1 and DH2 captures outside

For bug reports that have been addressed or are not longer relevant

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Juke
yardmin
yardmin

Move DH1 and DH2 captures outside

Post by Juke »

It's very hard to break a good camping of the interiors in either of the drughouses. They're small, and the battles are intense, but they tend to heavily favor the defense. As such, people can wait hours in advance to cap. Nobody wants to sit around that long, and I think we're missing out on some good fights. The drughouses both have lots of cover around the area, and it would make for a much different fight than any of the points we have now. Maybe I'm generalizing here, but I think the opinion is that drughouse battles just aren't very fun right now.

Unfortunately I'm not sure this one is possible because of the way /claim works as it has to be on the "functional" floating i. Maybe if you could jimmy around that to at least have DH2 cap on the floating i outside.
Last edited by Juke on February 5th, 2008, 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Move DH1 and DH2 captures outside

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

Absolutely agreeing with this. More point battles should be outside. Furthermore, choose locations based on how defensible they will be. There's a ridiculously great spot out in Blueberry. An outdoor interior with a chain link fence around it. Some cover, but not a lot. It would be bloody and awesome to defend.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Nurgle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nurgle »

yes
Lockie_Fantico
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Game Name(s): Lockie_Fantico

Post by Lockie_Fantico »

Yeah interior battles are broken anyway because crouch animation is client side, giving the person crouching behind the couch the appearance that they are standing when you run in, giving them pseudo-invincibility to upperbody shots.
Casadina
Game Name(s): im a girl

Post by Casadina »

I agree 100%. They should be outside the city as well if you ask me, such as in Dillimore or another of the suburbs. The dealer job marker should still be at den 2 though. If 3 Mafia can hold drug den 1 against 20 regulators and assorted and come out on top with only shotguns, I think you see what we mean by first come gets it. No one likes it since they have to get to the point practically an hour beforehand to make sure they are there first.
ImageImageImage
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

This is a fantastic idea.
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

i agree as well and you guys should start scouting out good places to relocate them to.
Zaph

Post by Zaph »

Okay, I'm going to start looking around for a couple of good places. I think around the edge of the city or a surrounding town would be good.
<Ando> lets fucking make out.
)) <> ((
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

brains wrote:i agree as well and you guys should start scouting out good places to relocate them to.
Brains I have one for Blueberry that is the best location period. I'll show you next time we're both on.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Soulja Boy

Post by Soulja Boy »

Awesome idea. Hope it can be done.