TERRITORIES

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Mikhail_Kalashnikov

TERRITORIES

Post by Mikhail_Kalashnikov »

TERRITORIES
I read Jon Do's post and i got this idea, don't know if anyone had this idea already though and i know its not totally original.

There should be territories for gangs to takeover. I think this wouldn't be a big problem since the original GTA had the territory system, though it would still need some work put into it. Here's the idea:

-Gangs would fight over territories like in the point battles. The territories will be available for claiming during specific times. A gang needs to hold a territory for a certain period of time, they need to stay in the area till the timer is finished.

-The longer one gang holds one territory the more their color shows on the map. There will be OLDER (more colored) and NEWER territories (more faded). NEWER ones will be available for claiming more often and their claiming time is smaller, this will represent the instability of newly claimed territories where the territory is still in conflict and the claiming gang is still struggling to fully take control. OLDER ones will be less available for claiming and the claiming timer will be longer, it shows how established the gang owning the area is.

-WHY claim territories? The territories will produce money, OLDER=more money daily and NEWER=less money daily. The money can be picked up by the gang leader or a chosen member/members at the gang base (probably at a $ sign).

-Gang base territories can also be attacked but only after all other territories owned by the gang is taken. If a war over this kind of territory is lost the gang still owns the territory but it becomes a NEWER territory (meaning it will generate less cash) and all their members lose a certain amount of money according to their rank in the gang. Half the money obtained is given to the victor to be claimed at their own gang base.

-Territories which include a mat pickup, mat drop off, drug house, transfender, spray paint, cluckin bells and so on should provide additional income plus in some cases whatever percentage of what people buy from the places.

-Another thing that could be implemented is giving points for taking over territories.

If this was implemented i bet there will be more gang, law enforcement, and generally more server activity. It will give the gangs something to fight for (money and respect), law enforcers lots of crimes to take care of and civilians or other players a pretty good reason to join an established gang.

ALSO
In Jon Do's post there was the mention of the fact that supplying a gang with guns and drugs is quite hard. So i thought of this to accompany the TERRITORIES idea. There should be also Drug and Gun depots available for claiming with some territories like the docks (not too many though to make them rare). They will work like this:

-The gang claiming the territory where one was available would get the perks listed above but also the ability to buy things in bulk=ALOT OF MATS AND DRUGS AT THE SAME TIME (but extra expensive to balance it). The buying will be limited by giving timers. Also the gang has to choose different packages (example, package 1 include 5000 ABC mats, etc). The gang gets more bulkier buying choices when the territory gets OLDER. The buying will also be limited to leaders or chosen persons so not everybody will buy packages.

-The gang which ordered the package has to pickup their package in the form of a truck and they have to drop the truck at their base/warehouse (there should be something like a gang warehouse, could be the gang base. The warehouse will just work like a regular locker only with more slots or capacity which can only be accessed by the gang leader or chosen member/members). It will be like /dropcar but with the package as a reward. The last thing would be jacking the truck, other gangs could jack the shipment and drop it at their base (this opens another way to get supplies).
Last edited by Mikhail_Kalashnikov on March 19th, 2009, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikhail_Kane
Level 8 Character

A Man trying to make a name for himself.
mattyy

Re: TERRITORIES

Post by mattyy »

For the territories idea, I dont understand why do we still need another set of them which still acts like points. If you dont know, the current points do let the gangs who capture them to earn emonies too.

As for the bulk mats thing, it was already suggested by kitty in the previous post. Im kinda confused about your general idea though.
Dylindia Orio ~ Never forget
Dylan Dios
Matthew Fong
Fang_Wang
Game Name(s): Fang_Wang Jose_Martos Charles_Wallace

Post by Fang_Wang »

this will be more like a gang wars server then an RP server, i think. If you really wanna kill someone then do /me throws up gang sign then go to this server on SAMP : 69.147.237.26:7776
btw Lil_Poot is a regular there hahaha!
Jose Antonio Martos - SANews Anchor
Fang Ju Wang II - Three Dragon Brotherhood Rank 5
Charles Xavier Wallace - LSPD Applicant
DeAndre Jamal Griffin - Just another Black dude
Kofi_Kingston
Game Name(s): Kofi_Kingston Samuel_L_Jackson Dave_Mustaine

Post by Kofi_Kingston »

Fang_Wang wrote:this will be more like a gang wars server then an RP server, i think. If you really wanna kill someone then do /me throws up gang sign then go to this server on SAMP : 69.147.237.26:7776
btw Lil_Poot is a regular there hahaha!
:suicide:
<stenchman> ☣☠④②ⓞ☠☣
Mikhail_Kalashnikov

But were not total RP right so why not add a few gang activities?
Mikhail_Kane
Level 8 Character

Fang_Wang
Game Name(s): Fang_Wang Jose_Martos Charles_Wallace

Post by Fang_Wang »

We already have uhmm what... 14 gangs? Two that you can publicly join. All different RP's such as Niggas, Filipino, Japanese, Italians, White people, Mexicans, Police, News. Most of them fight every hour or so for Gang points and have gang Wars against eachother. That enough?
Jose Antonio Martos - SANews Anchor
Fang Ju Wang II - Three Dragon Brotherhood Rank 5
Charles Xavier Wallace - LSPD Applicant
DeAndre Jamal Griffin - Just another Black dude
Al_Yu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Al_Yu »

ralph's hut has more company
<DoctorJones> al can you spawn the big smoke statue anywhere?
<&Al_Yu>I break the server enough as it is
Mikhail_Kalashnikov

Come on don't you think having fights over territories once or twice a week would be fun? Besides it could be something the gangs could look forward to, something they would prepare for, something where they could measure their strength and organization and where the results can be seen. You could then really see which gang is the most organized, active and strong. Also it wouldn't only be the gangs who would have fun, the law enforcement will also have alot to do.
Mikhail_Kane
Level 8 Character

Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

minus law enforcement involvement which is unfair due to free everything

you are suggesting points to be implemented ?????
Mikhail_Kalashnikov

The territories will give money but not too much and the bulk buying will be expensive. Nothing is really for free. Oh yeah and points I think could be implemented, if a gang owns a territory it gains a point if it looses a territory it looses a point. Therefore the gang with most territories has most points.
Mikhail_Kane
Level 8 Character

Mikhail_Kalashnikov

For matty, the point wars maybe giving money but i don't think people can really see which gang is the one with most power, with the territories you could see which gang owns Los Santos. For the points thing, the territories idea actually eliminates the need for points but for those who still want points I'm just saying it could be implemented. What i picture with the bulk buying is this "only the gangs controlling a territory with a depot can bulk buy, meaning not everyone can". I'm trying to put the bulk buy idea into my idea.
Mikhail_Kane
Level 8 Character

Adj

Post by Adj »

You think it is cool to see which gang is in complete control, generates most money, and therefor has most members and most people who wants to join, but it's not cool. It will lower the diversity of gangs and people would play to look big and bad in the game mechanics instead of in the roleplay. New or small gangs that focus on RP rather than strength would have even less chance of success.

If you want to know who rules in this city, watch the news and ask around on the street, hearing different opinions, and then make one yourself.
Silver_Leo
BESTMIN
BESTMIN

Post by Silver_Leo »

Mikhail_Kalashnikov wrote: words

SO BASICALLY YOU WANT POINTS TO BE IMPLEMENTED????
mattyy

Post by mattyy »

I think he wants another set of points being added in or something.
btw, how long have you been in this server?
Dylan Dios
Matthew Fong
Mikhail_Kalashnikov

Ok, the territories idea might have its problems but a part of it (the warehouse, truck and depots part) in my opinion is good. I think it could add to roleplay, since sometimes gangs roleplay drug deals or gun deals (mats), the trucks could be used as a medium in deals, it will allow double crosses and such. The trucks could also be made so that police can confiscate them. The depots would be made available for takeover like once a week (the depots would enable the gangs owning them to buy things bulk, in the forms of trucks). The warehouses will help the gangs to get their resources together, they could stash up, get ready for war and when they need it they will have their supplies in an instant.

I WOULD GIVE UP ON THE TERRITORIES IDEA BUT THAT PART IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR.
Mikhail_Kane
Level 8 Character

Young_Gotti

Post by Young_Gotti »

I love this idea.It will be more RP cause gang do fight for territory and this is awsome everyone should start off with like 3 points each /gangpoints
And it will also show who's the strongest gang.I really like this idea.
Faction:None
Level:12
Job:Arms dealer
mattyy

Post by mattyy »

Young_Gotti wrote:I love this idea.It will be more RP cause gang do fight for territory and this is awsome everyone should start off with like 3 points each /gangpoints
And it will also show who's the strongest gang.I really like this idea.
You are so dumb, it is just another set of points. More shooting will occur instead of RP and it has no meaning if its implemented
Dylan Dios
Matthew Fong
Mikhail_Kalashnikov

To Gotti, thanks for the first and only POSITIVE comment on this post. To you NEGATIVE commentators, at first when I read Adj's comment I thought the TERRITORIES idea was lost and was going to hell but after some time it became clear that this idea could still be made to happen. You could make the territory wars less frequent (once or twice a month or even more) to encourage more RP and give the new gangs a chance to still RP but also become stronger. If that is not enough you could give smaller gangs something like newb immunity (their territory cannot be attacked but they can attack others territory) for a few months so they can get established first.

Please anyone reply if you agree or don't agree, if I don't get replies I either cant know if my idea is good or needs improving so please.
Mikhail_Kane
Level 8 Character

simon_bg
Game Name(s): some mexican dude

Post by simon_bg »

Maybe you can explain what is the big difference between the points and your "Territories" if you say that they aren't the same thing.

PS: That's what everyone was trying to ask you.
Hope Vince gets that ring in Dallas.
Mikhail_Kalashnikov

Are you saying the difference between "point wars" and my "territories"?

Sorry I'm a bit confused.
Mikhail_Kane
Level 8 Character

Adj

Post by Adj »

Maybe you should play and understand the server before you're coming up with suggestions.

You'll find out there are pointbattles which are pretty much your idea.

Also if you plan on defending your idea, come up with the benefits of it instead of saying the drawbacks aren't that bad.
Dom
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Dom »

territories lol

they are called points

ty
<Report> [report] Dominic_Cattano (3): i am Hacker
Mikhail_Kalashnikov

-Well with the GENERAL TERRITORIES idea there will be more depth in strategy. You have to choose which people to send where, find a way to get hold of the depots for mass buying, also choose between expanding rapidly (attack and takeover what ever territory you can get a hold off) or slowly (hold newer territories till they get older so they become harder to claim), the gang has to choose when to buy a shipment (if its save without the other gangs or the police to stop you), choose a place if you want to sell that shipment to another gang, choose a route to get that shipment back safely (example: not through enemy territory), with the warehouse (a locker with more slots and capacity) you would have to choose which of the things you would have to stack in larger quantities (mats, crack, pot or ready made guns), police and gangs will try to find enemy shipments to either destroy or take over.

-As Jon Do said the gangs don't really have something to fight for,no real goal and not enough from the survival side. With this idea there will be, their reason will be money, weapons, drugs and power (I'm not suggesting there should be no RP reason). In a war their goal will have to take over enemy territory or survive by protecting their home territory and their money. Also gang wars will have a visible victor.

-People will have more reason to join a gang, although I think being with pals will also be a major reason.

-The idea will also add to RP (the deals using the truck shipments which can be mats or drugs).

-It will give some intense car chases where the police and whole gangs being involved (the shipments if found en route to a warehouse will be chased, after a shipment has been bought there will be a timer until the next shipment can be bought)

-With territories all over the city there will be a lot more places to take over.

-Bulk buying will be not only mats but also drugs.

-Some other things.

I think I mentioned some of these already and In my first post (if it was really read and thought about) there was more to it than just claiming territories. Adj I'm not saying the drawbacks aren't bad I'm saying the drawbacks can be overcome. Also point battles are different from my idea.

FORGET ABOUT IMPLEMENTING POINTS (what i meant was to just to count the territories that a gang had and write it up somewhere in the server for people to see, with just some territories like home territory to be valued more than one territory)

SORRY TO ANY OF YOU GUYS FOR BEING UNCLEAR.
Mikhail_Kane
Level 8 Character

mattyy

Post by mattyy »

are you even playing this server?
Dylan Dios
Matthew Fong
Mikhail_Kalashnikov

Whats wrong with my post? Off course I play on the server, for what should i suggest if I don't?
Mikhail_Kane
Level 8 Character