House icons

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Chris_Keller
Game Name(s): Chris_Keller

House icons

Post by Chris_Keller »

I had an idea how to prevent mix-ups with houses. :P You know that a lot of people "share" their houses, even if they don't want to, but in the time they were buying the place, they didn't know that somebody already bought the place. So, is there any possibility to place some floating icons on the doors of the owned houses (( same place where player typed /buyhouse entrance )) ?

Sorry for my bad English, but i hope you guys understand what i'm tryin' to say.

Cheers!
Kitty_Mason
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Re: House icons

Post by Kitty_Mason »

I think this could be pretty useful but i don't know if it could be done.

An alternative (if at all possible) would be to have a command like /housemap which would display markers on your map wherever there is a house entrance, even if the player is offline. Depends if the info for that is stored in each players data file, or if there is a single file with all the house entrance information within it.

Markers are pretty unreliable though, and with hundreds on the map at once (even if they could be removed by doing /housemap again) i'm not sure if it would cause you to crash or anything.
Nurgle wrote:kitty 'lol so what i study to design videogames and like cake' koronos
[10:50:31] [command] [Jack_Ree]: /me gets into vagina whole size
[10:06:39] [command] [Kenneth_Taylor]: /t 9923 Don't fuck with me elefant boy
Jon Smith

Post by Jon Smith »

p sure there's a limit of 32 map-icons unless you use a streamer
Kitty_Mason
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Kitty_Mason »

Ah dang, i guess theres no way of localizing it to your immediate surrounding area either, like a 20 foot radius around you.
Nurgle wrote:kitty 'lol so what i study to design videogames and like cake' koronos
Jon Smith

Post by Jon Smith »

i think there is, actually. using the PlayerToPoint method could probably do it.
Adj

Post by Adj »

It doesn't make much sense to me with the amount of houses all together. Too many inactive players have a house. If you want to have no roomies then don't go for the biggest mansion. If you could check, everything would already have an owner since there's probably over two thousand houses or you'd end up with a shitty house someone else will also buy since there's only 1 marker which has a 95% chance of being an inactive player.

Also it'd ask a lot from the server resources, going through all that. It could make the server lag.

Besides with the recent changes you don't only get to keep your car, but also your lock. If you're poor just start out with a level 1 house and it'll only cost 10k to undo and pick a higher level, or 10k to move if you think it's too crowded at your place.
Zink
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): Aoi_Rikuto

Post by Zink »

I think the house icon should appear after you buy the house. So when you /buyhouse a house icon appears. Then it will not let anyone /buyhouse there. Maybe a range limit? So they don't go right next to the entrance to a different door in the house.
Aoi Rikuto
Chris_Keller

Post by Chris_Keller »

Yes, exactly. I mean if a car can be spawned after you buy it, maybe an icon by OnPlayerCommand can also be done. Or at least i hope so :)

Btw, can somehow be done that players who are inactive more than 2 or 3 days that they loose their house? Makes some sense...

Cheers!
Vag

Post by Vag »

I say a week/month, because some people don't play for only a couple of days or a week because they are away from their house or got IRL problems
simon_bg
Game Name(s): some mexican dude

Post by simon_bg »

If they lose their house they should get 80% of the price they bought it for and keep the car they have.
Hope Vince gets that ring in Dallas.
Chris_Keller

Post by Chris_Keller »

Well it's not important for how many days will house get sold. Important is if we are getting these icons or not... It would really help a lot...
Ole_Tomsom
Game Name(s): John Torino

Post by Ole_Tomsom »

Well, its an good idea, but if you do /housemap it could show green houseicon where the houses are, if you want to dont show where the houses is you could do /housemapclose, when you go on the icon you can do /houseinfo, where it comes up owner, pos, cartype.
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

the problem is that it would only show houses of players that are online at that moment. there could be someone that lives on your doorstep but isn't in the game so you'd never know, and if we tried to display every house that's been bought on szr, online or not, there would be about 8-10 thousand houses covering every square inch of decent real estate in los santos.

that's the tradeoff with a dynamic system. you can either get static houses in set places that we choose, or dynamic houses anywhere you want.
Chris_Keller

Post by Chris_Keller »

But can't it work like /registration command? I think that /registration can tell you if that car belongs to someone even if that player is offline... So, maybe a command, available to all civilians, like /checkdoor or something (( /checkdoor is stupid, I couln't remember any other, better, at the moment I was writing this reply )) could check if there, where you are standing, plus 5-10 feet around you, is any entrance to some house.
Kitty_Mason
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Kitty_Mason »

I think that would still, much like the markers, end up spamming your chatbox with hundreds if not thousands of names.
Cliff_Decker

Post by Cliff_Decker »

The new property thing fixes this all right?
Johnny "Flawless" Flaw

The infamous Gino Fiasco babyyy!

Banjo

Post by Banjo »

Cliff_Decker wrote:The new property thing fixes this all right?
I would guess so .. (?) Like kind of, you have the right to kick someone off your land, but the guy that's buying a house on your property does not know you're living there already, unless he checked the 'LOS SANTOS PROPERTY REGISTRY QUACK SOMETHING'..
Kitty_Mason wrote:
Rho wrote:im hung like a chinese mouse and will never get to see boobs like those let alone play with them
jake_gibson

Post by jake_gibson »

I like this.