Recovering health over time

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
tomanton
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Recovering health over time

Post by tomanton »

When we're at 50% health (or lower if it's been levelled), we start losing health.

How about if we're not too injured (85% health or more), we recover HP bit-by-bit? It doesn't have to be huge, maybe gaining at half the rate someone would lose by bleeding. People in gunfights wouldn't be invincible so naysayers shouldn't whine about shit like that.

It'd just mean that after an hour or so of recieving trivial damage from car bumps and short falls you wouldn't suddenly find yourself on the verge of bleeding.
John Reed

Re: Recovering health over time

Post by John Reed »

Yeah, or make something like /recover or /heal and you must stay at the /crack anim and cannot move,
and make it a of the /upgrade s, that could be nice
Al_Yu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Al_Yu »

RP Wolverine
<DoctorJones> al can you spawn the big smoke statue anywhere?
<&Al_Yu>I break the server enough as it is
Adj

Post by Adj »

I like tomantons idea given it would really go slow.
I'd even like to see it below 85HP. Time heals most wounds, just let it go real slow.

What about adding one HP to every player on the server under 100HP every let's say 20 seconds. You wouldn't really notice, but when you're in some conversation for 5 minutes it would actually have just healed that 15 hitpoints you lost from being driven over, punched by accident, falling off the bike or whatever.
SonOfDonkeyman

Post by SonOfDonkeyman »

Adj wrote:I like tomantons idea given it would really go slow.
I'd even like to see it below 85HP. Time heals most wounds, just let it go real slow.

What about adding one HP to every player on the server under 100HP every let's say 20 seconds. You wouldn't really notice, but when you're in some conversation for 5 minutes it would actually have just healed that 15 hitpoints you lost from being driven over, punched by accident, falling off the bike or whatever.
Bleeding would massively outpace this gain, so I don't see a problem with implementing it at all levels of HP. It would just cut a few stops at the soda machine out of people's routines.
toretto wrote:And to that Abramo idiot donkesson I like how you say "get on the point i got u nigga" when I wasn't the one who said it you are generally an all around faggot who thinks he knows every single thing about SZR and everyone who plays Fuck Off all you haters.
Edgar_Cardenas

Post by Edgar_Cardenas »

I don't like the idea... that's why there is pot we can buy and smoke
tomanton
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by tomanton »

Edgar_Cardenas wrote:I don't like the idea... that's why there is pot we can buy and smoke
oh no what kind of idiot would smoke pot when they're being shot at in a gunfight when they can just recover 1 hitpoint every 20 seconds?? szr drug dealers out of business forever
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

recovering health and changing the health dynamic in general is something i considered a while back, and it might make its way into a future version of something, we'll see.
TRA

Post by TRA »

Just tossing this in there,but what if we used a animation for this.Like /sleep, and you recover health every 20 secs.That would be pretty cool for your char to lay there like they are sleeping and regain health.If this is used,you know how you can only access your personal locker at home.What if you could only do /sleep when inside your own house.Would be dope if you asked me,also adding some rp to it.
ig Name:Tra_Williams
Level:17
Itsa me Corrado wrote:tra is a pimp
James_Walker wrote:Tra's a pimp
Dom wrote:Tra oughta beat you with his pimp hand
Panzerfaust
Game Name(s): Gene_Hunt Marcus_Denroy

Post by Panzerfaust »

TRA, that seems like an easily abusable addition to me. Imagine you're chasing someone and get them down to almost no health. They can run into their house and /sleep for however long they need, then come out guns a blazing at full health if you're still around. If you're not a merc or a cop, you can't break in and stop them, and they can repeat this as often as they like until you either die or give up and leave.

While this would be similar to entering your house, smoking pot, and then coming out, you have to pay for pot and can only carry so much at once so it's not much of an issue. While I realize houses are supposed to act as a safehouse of sorts, adding what you suggest would allow for virtually unlimited, infinitely-restockable free health if a battle breaks out right next to someone's place, and it just seems far too abusable to be a good idea in my eyes.
TRA

Post by TRA »

What you have just said is strong,and I agree it can be abused.What if you had a cool down time on when the next time you can sleep.Like a message says "Your to wide awake to sleep".
ig Name:Tra_Williams
Level:17
Itsa me Corrado wrote:tra is a pimp
James_Walker wrote:Tra's a pimp
Dom wrote:Tra oughta beat you with his pimp hand
Kronik
kinda dump
Game Name(s): Kronik

Post by Kronik »

TRA wrote:What you have just said is strong,and I agree it can be abused.What if you had a cool down time on when the next time you can sleep.Like a message says "Your to wide awake to sleep".
Definitely some type of health regeneration animation or something similar would be a great addition to this server. Of course like anything, people will find ways to abuse it, but just like using any exploit people would just have to be found and punished for it. I would give this a +1 on the idea and hope it gets implemented eventually as long as there are no major bugs with the package.

+1
Joao_Pinto

Post by Joao_Pinto »

Al_Yu wrote:RP Wolverine
your concept is interesting but as Al here said, its RP server... but I would suggest that there would be an option to heal at home perhaps like sleep or something like that... that for example you do /sleep and in /time appears that your health will be fully recovered in x time (just like jail)...
Joao_Pinto- Leader of Babilonia Families - The first Brazilian gang on SZR.
Mad_Dog121

Post by Mad_Dog121 »

awesome!!! :neck:
D_Black
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): Yoshimitsu Ichi

Post by D_Black »

[quote="John Reed"]Yeah, or make something like /recover or /heal and you must stay at the /crack anim and cannot move,
and make it a of the /upgrade s, that could be nice[/quo

/Taichi should heal you as long as you do the animation you would recover health. and it should go kind of slow so it takes about 5 - 7 minutes to recover full health from half. It would be cool if you could make it some kind or upgrade like the locker of toughness and the higher the level the faster you regenerate.
Last edited by D_Black on April 7th, 2009, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
D_Black AKA Yoshimitsu
ALTIchi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8cce9WLBI
Chris_GA
Game Name(s): Chris_Bell

Post by Chris_GA »

not too bad of an idea, but just keep in mind for each suggestion, think if its something that can be abused or not. Even though 85 percent of ideas brought to the table can and will be abused, but i believe this idea could possible have a future once its fully thought out and well planned. Good Job G.

-I Got 17 Reason's for yall Hataz, straight Hollow Tips-
-64 Flavors of straight DROP-
Circum_Chastity wrote:Name: Circa_Cassidy
Reason for ban: Hack owning MagC

Plea for unban: Plz.

ps. I'll only use hacks to kill MagC.