The La Cosa Nostra "Our Thing"

Moderators: Juke, Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

skylord

The La Cosa Nostra "Our Thing"

Post by skylord »

I've decided to accept Adj's offer.
Adj wrote:There are almost no differences with the current Sicilian Mafia.
Both focussed on roleplay, and both focussed on the same roleplay.

I will name some of the differences I can come up with.

The difference is, that you have close to no members while we have just kicked about 30 inactives, to keep over 35 who are all good players.

Another difference is, that we have a good name. People know we are all about respect, and they respect us. We are not fucked with, we have good ties with almost everyone in the server, and there is no gang/family in SZR that has played more or longer and got less complaints.

Another difference is, that we are established. We have a known and effective front for our family. We already have stories going on. History, extorts, bribes, wars. We have members that have been with us since the beginning and still play. We have a private forum with about 1500 posts, decent activity and all kind of different sections, including member and leader sections to effectively lead the faction.

Another difference is, that we have all the skins you want, a shitload of great 'gang' cars, the best headquarter you can imagen, a cool name color, and financials to keep improving all this.

I will make you an offer you can not refuse.

You will all join us, at low ranks, but all together as friends, skipping the tough recruitment process. We will be easily kicking your people out, but also easy with promoting your good members. If you are successful in my mafia, both with roleplay and with contributing to my family, we will talk about you splitting from us into a new family. If you're good you will have a lot of support from my mafia. You will be given some of our skins, maybe a shitload of money to get started, maybe some members you became good friends with, and an alliance to survive the tough start. But, ofcourse, only if you have convinced me you're worthy of running a family.

There is also a chance the admins want to see you do this my way and will be significantly more in favor of your suggestion to run a family when you're doing it as a member of the Mafia with my support.

Now like I said, this is an offer you can not refuse. If you decide to doubt this and go on with your idea, you will not have our support. We will see you as competition.
Last edited by skylord on March 25th, 2009, 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Re: The La Cosa Nostra "Our Thing"

Post by Rachael »

you put a lot of work into this, but I think the mafia may have a few objections.
[IMG]
skylord

Post by skylord »

I got a answer for them. (( BE ONLINE! ))
Bowen_Pugh

Post by Bowen_Pugh »

I personally don't see a problem with having two Mafias, I mean, there's multiple gangs that are somewhat alike in ways all over the server. Same thing, different leaders.

(I left an earlier post but I guess it didn't work.)
Characters:
Bowen Pugh - Looking for a legal job of interest.
Tony Castelli - Working for the Sicilian Security Firm.
Bowen_Pugh

Post by Bowen_Pugh »

I think we can bring a lot of good Roleplaying experiences to the server... along with a place for guys to go to Roleplay an Italian character or even to go if they like to Roleplay a character in a "tip-top" criminal orginization. As the Underboss I will try to Roleplay the real life Sicilian/Italian Mafia in any way possible, from main faction decisions like businesses to small things like how you need to be of an Italian desent (Of course IC, not in real life.) to even be made into the faction 100%.
Characters:
Ole_Tomsom
Game Name(s): John Torino

Post by Ole_Tomsom »

Well, i like it, and its a good idea.
i support you.
Bowen_Pugh

Post by Bowen_Pugh »

Thanks Ole. Hope we get a lot more supporters along with you.
Characters:
Adj

Post by Adj »

There are almost no differences with the current Sicilian Mafia.
Both focussed on roleplay, and both focussed on the same roleplay.

I will name some of the differences I can come up with.

The difference is, that you have close to no members while we have just kicked about 30 inactives, to keep over 35 who are all good players.

Another difference is, that we have a good name. People know we are all about respect, and they respect us. We are not fucked with, we have good ties with almost everyone in the server, and there is no gang/family in SZR that has played more or longer and got less complaints.

Another difference is, that we are established. We have a known and effective front for our family. We already have stories going on. History, extorts, bribes, wars. We have members that have been with us since the beginning and still play. We have a private forum with about 1500 posts, decent activity and all kind of different sections, including member and leader sections to effectively lead the faction.

Another difference is, that we have all the skins you want, a shitload of great 'gang' cars, the best headquarter you can imagen, a cool name color, and financials to keep improving all this.

I will make you an offer you can not refuse.

You will all join us, at low ranks, but all together as friends, skipping the tough recruitment process. We will be easily kicking your people out, but also easy with promoting your good members. If you are successful in my mafia, both with roleplay and with contributing to my family, we will talk about you splitting from us into a new family. If you're good you will have a lot of support from my mafia. You will be given some of our skins, maybe a shitload of money to get started, maybe some members you became good friends with, and an alliance to survive the tough start. But, ofcourse, only if you have convinced me you're worthy of running a family.

There is also a chance the admins want to see you do this my way and will be significantly more in favor of your suggestion to run a family when you're doing it as a member of the Mafia with my support.

Now like I said, this is an offer you can not refuse. If you decide to doubt this and go on with your idea, you will not have our support. We will see you as competition.
Bowen_Pugh

Post by Bowen_Pugh »

I'd have to say that offer sounds interesting, but I'd still like to hear what the Admins have to say about our application first before we accept anything like that, hopefully you'll keep the offer in the air.

That's my opinion.
Characters:
Dom
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Dom »

I'm gonna go with a no on this one.. I believe SZR is currently happy with Adj running the only mafia. He's been running it very well, and if we brought another mafia family in and they brought a bad name to Sicily I believe most of us with proper Mafia / Sicilian names would be pissed.

PS You would also be competing with both Adj's mafia and my Forelli family, have fun.
<Report> [report] Dominic_Cattano (3): i am Hacker
Bowen_Pugh

Post by Bowen_Pugh »

1. We're going to change our names to proper Italian names, otherwise there would be no point.

2. If you both have an Italian family then why even bring up us being the "second" family when the "Forelli Family" already is... if there can be two why not three?

3. Why would we be worried about this so called "competition" anyways? We're not looking for competition we're looking for Roleplay.

4. I already told Adj that his offer is still in my mind and for him not to let it go until the Admins/Players give their opinions.
Characters:
skylord

Post by skylord »

I'll think about your stuff, adj. Maybe we will join you guys, Maybe not.
Mafia might be nice, the richest, coolest, what ever but everytime
I do /families 12 No one's online or only Julian. Last time I saw calogero_vizzini was...Oh wait I never saw him!
Jon

Post by Jon »

I've always seen S.S.F. members on everyday. Both Marco and Anthony (( 6 hours+ someday, seeing that I'm always on from morning to midnight on my off-days. Yes, I do play alot. )) along with others.

- Dante Luciano.
Adj

Post by Adj »

For proof we do RP and stuff I invite you to our public galary at http://siciliansecurityfirm.freeforums. ... y-f15.html

I'm busy these weeks but I'll be back in a week or so. Mafia leadership is still functioning well, as the quick offer shows. We are low on members but have a strong structure and great members who get active when the majority gets active.
TRose

Post by TRose »

I've always seen S.S.F. members on everyday. Both Marco and Anthony (( 6 hours+ someday, seeing that I'm always on from morning to midnight on my off-days. Yes, I do play alot. )) along with others.
They said that they have 35 active members, then how come only 3 or 4 play? And there is nothing wrong with having two mafias, there wanna RP and they have a good app so I really dont get the point. And btw, last time I checked Dante, you're joining them so that might be why you are saying that
skylord

Post by skylord »

Didn't doubt a second that you guys weren't Rp'ing but I'm just saying that you guys are not really active, and I see no problem having an other RP'ing mafia, As you might know there is not only one mafia in the world.

P.S As I can see you guys are only useing two of my desired skins, Rank0 and Rank6.
PatrickStewart
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by PatrickStewart »

A quick correction if I may. My forums account does not have a _ in it.
Patrick_Stewart - SANews Network Executive
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

Despite the fact that I have very little to do with gang applications, I can pretty much guarantee that this 'second mafia' application would need some major changes before it was considered. The name "La casa nostra" is already associated with the existing mafia, as are all of the skins. Furthermore, gang cars are not available until the gang is established.

Adj is indeed correct in his suggestion that the admins would be much more likely to accept this application if you accept his offer to join his family as associates, however if you decide to go it alone, the things I mentioned above would need to be fixed.

Having said this, the content and presentation of this application is very good, it is just the originality that is holding it back.

ps. Zaph is the gang chill chief.
[IMG]
skylord

Post by skylord »

How is La Cosa Nostra already associated with the mafia? and for the skins I only saw two skins that were used by the mafia.
Dom
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Dom »

Second faction* correction, I didn't mean family.

The Forelli Family is not a faction, just a family of Sicilians. We may make an app, but we are unsure.
I've spoken to Adj about it already.
But hey, good luck and all, but I'm doubting it... Maybe if you did join the Mafia you could increase their online time.
<Report> [report] Dominic_Cattano (3): i am Hacker
skylord

Post by skylord »

I'm not saying that I refused, It's just that I don't see them online.
If we join the mafia the only members I will see is the guys that I recruited.
Anyway I'm waiting for my LT we'll talk about the offer.
Rachael wrote: it is just the originality that is holding it back.
You are telling that mafia is original? Bear Gang is original, But Mafia, We see Mafia's in every RP server.
Francis_Gambert

Post by Francis_Gambert »

Well i see no resemblance to the mafia what so ever. -_-
Name:Ping_Tuki
Level:10
civilian
BlackCop

Post by BlackCop »

You see Yakuza's on every server but we offer RP you can't get from any of those variants, we are our own business faction, as is the Sicilian Security Firm.

That is the point of the Teahouse and the Firm, you don't get that anywhere else.

You want to create a faction that already exists and you're trying to move into my house(Simon Bowerbanks house lol). You're stealin' from everybody, man.
Francis_Gambert wrote:Well i see no resemblance to the mafia what so ever. -_-
Hurf the durf pal, La Cosa Nostra IS the Mafia and you'd both be roleplaying Italian people.
How is that not resemblance? You must be retarded because it's a mirror image.
ken nomaro-leader of YAKUZIES- >>FIRST JAPANESE GANG IN SZRGTARP<<
level 1- wizard
level 01- wheelman>NASCAR SUCKS<
level 69- sex(thanks david webb)
level 4- rogue
level 20- turd(country western is rubbish)
skylord

Post by skylord »

Okay just to let you know there's like 5 italian mafia's.

These are 3 known Mafia, The Sicilian Mafia, Camorra 'Ndrangheta and Sacra Corona Unita. these 3 factions decided to regroup their power and make one "Holy Mafia" known as La Cosa Nostra"Our Thing.".
The Sicilian Mafia Is the one that is in the server.

If you are not happy I just have to change LCN to Sacra Corona Unita and VOILA! no more roots with Sicilian mafia.
cHR0ME
Game Name(s): Chrome

Post by cHR0ME »

Even though this idea sounds alright, I wouldn't wanna see it on the server, because I have played on to many servers that had the "La Costra" in it, also Adj/Calogerro might not play that much as he used too, but he has played since pre wipe just as I have, so hes got more seniority as you and im sure the admins will pick him over you... i would take his proposition.