Post Office/Mail!

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Sai_Kazkanov
Game Name(s): Sai_Kazkanov Sai_Yakamura Sai_Crabpuss

Post Office/Mail!

Post by Sai_Kazkanov »

I was thinking a way to message players with delay and IC would be rather nifty.

Also as a way to message players that are offline without use of the Forum. I don't know if thats possible or not but it would help to dramatically increase the communication between players for those that do not know the respective player's forum name.

It would cost as much as an Advert to use and when the receiving player logged in they would be notified of a "letter" waiting for them to be picked up. Said letter could be picked up at their house or at a designated building for a Post Office.
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.
Kitty_Mason
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Re: Post Office/Mail!

Post by Kitty_Mason »

I gather from stuff i've heard admins say - 'came online to find a dozen reports about you waiting for me' that something like this could be put in. I guess the slice which sends it to every admin would just have to be adjusted to send it to a specific player: whoever you designate the message to.

Would need something like a large cooldown, so people didn't log in to find some fag had sent them a gazillion messages while they were offline all saying 'U GAY'. Maybe the cooldown would only affect it on a person by person basis, ie:

/letter Kitty_Koronos Hallo fatty.
"Your message is being delivered, thank you for using SAMail"
/letter Kitty_Koronos Hallo fatty.
"You need to wait another 15 minutes before you can send this person another letter"

So you couldn't send the same person a letter more than every 15 minutes, but you COULD send three different people letters one straight after the other.

If it wasn't so much effort it would be funny to actually see a postal worker job. You send a letter and someone actually picks it up and delivers it in a little red van for you.
Nurgle wrote:kitty 'lol so what i study to design videogames and like cake' koronos
[10:50:31] [command] [Jack_Ree]: /me gets into vagina whole size
[10:06:39] [command] [Kenneth_Taylor]: /t 9923 Don't fuck with me elefant boy
Sai_Kazkanov

Post by Sai_Kazkanov »

Well I think the addition of the cost alone should deter one from spamming the mail, but the timer is also an excellent idea.
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.
Kitty_Mason
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Post by Kitty_Mason »

Yeah i thought that too, but then of course people could send millions of letters that only say 'k' and cost them next to nothing to do so.

Edit: If it works on the same basis as /ad that is, cost per characters used.
Nurgle wrote:kitty 'lol so what i study to design videogames and like cake' koronos
[10:50:31] [command] [Jack_Ree]: /me gets into vagina whole size
[10:06:39] [command] [Kenneth_Taylor]: /t 9923 Don't fuck with me elefant boy
Sai_Kazkanov

Post by Sai_Kazkanov »

Well I didn't mean exactly like /ad.

I was merely referring to the fact that one is charged to use that message delivery system. But would obviously have to be more expensive than /sms or /call.
Rocky_Hustler
Game Name(s): Rocky Cortez

Post by Rocky_Hustler »

Great idea. A thought came to me after i read this, you can transfer mats and cash to other people while they are offline. I actually will buy a company to run this business. If u deliver 100g it will cost u 1k. 100g is like 100c. If is lower than 100 then it will be 50... So actually the post office can earn some cash.
Rocky_Hustler
Game Name(s): Rocky Cortez

Post by Rocky_Hustler »

Can i actually have a post office ran by sai and me and we can go on vacancies and get some postmen/lady
Adj

Post by Adj »

No Rocky Hustler, you can't because you're dumb.

I like the idea of offline letters, but an addition to this idea I'd like to see is that a player can /mailboxsize 10 to limit the amount of letters to 10.
When a players sends a letter to a full mailbox, he will be told the receivers mailbox is full and the message could not be delivered.

I don't want to have to go through hundreds of letters of noobs who want to join or are mad about being attacked or whatever when I was away for a few days.
simon_bg
Game Name(s): some mexican dude

Post by simon_bg »

If you would like to write longer letter. I am afraid that some of it will be cut out, because if you type something very long some of it doesn't show up.
Hope Vince gets that ring in Dallas.