TERRITORIES

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
Young_Gotti

Re: TERRITORIES

Post by Young_Gotti »

This is RP and i dont agree with the money thing or whatever but i think you can declear war with 1 gang at a time then the gang youre at war with their points become available to you.After the opposite gang run out off territory their gang gets whiped out or they can pay like 500k+ fee to keep their gang.The money goes to their enemy gang.This is good cause whats else the point with gang war?And you should be able to declear war only if BOTH gangs accept to go to war.This is what i think.
Faction:None
Level:12
Job:Arms dealer
simon_bg
Game Name(s): some mexican dude

Post by simon_bg »

Mikhail_Kalashnikov wrote:-Well with the GENERAL TERRITORIES idea there will be more depth in strategy. You have to choose which people to send where, find a way to get hold of the depots for mass buying, also choose between expanding rapidly (attack and takeover what ever territory you can get a hold off) or slowly (hold newer territories till they get older so they become harder to claim), the gang has to choose when to buy a shipment (if its save without the other gangs or the police to stop you), choose a place if you want to sell that shipment to another gang, choose a route to get that shipment back safely (example: not through enemy territory), with the warehouse (a locker with more slots and capacity) you would have to choose which of the things you would have to stack in larger quantities (mats, crack, pot or ready made guns), police and gangs will try to find enemy shipments to either destroy or take over.

-As Jon Do said the gangs don't really have something to fight for,no real goal and not enough from the survival side. With this idea there will be, their reason will be money, weapons, drugs and power (I'm not suggesting there should be no RP reason). In a war their goal will have to take over enemy territory or survive by protecting their home territory and their money. Also gang wars will have a visible victor.

-People will have more reason to join a gang, although I think being with pals will also be a major reason.

-The idea will also add to RP (the deals using the truck shipments which can be mats or drugs).

-It will give some intense car chases where the police and whole gangs being involved (the shipments if found en route to a warehouse will be chased, after a shipment has been bought there will be a timer until the next shipment can be bought)

-With territories all over the city there will be a lot more places to take over.

-Bulk buying will be not only mats but also drugs.

-Some other things.

I think I mentioned some of these already and In my first post (if it was really read and thought about) there was more to it than just claiming territories. Adj I'm not saying the drawbacks aren't bad I'm saying the drawbacks can be overcome. Also point battles are different from my idea.

FORGET ABOUT IMPLEMENTING POINTS (what i meant was to just to count the territories that a gang had and write it up somewhere in the server for people to see, with just some territories like home territory to be valued more than one territory)

SORRY TO ANY OF YOU GUYS FOR BEING UNCLEAR.
Emm the shipments can be done without the territories. We already have factories and drug houses and instead of claiming territories, it will be smarter to claim the factories only, which is what the points are, because claiming empty territories is useless. The only new thing i see is that the factories can make materials for you and i doubt that it will be implented.
Hope Vince gets that ring in Dallas.
TRA

Post by TRA »

Adj wrote:You think it is cool to see which gang is in complete control, generates most money, and therefor has most members and most people who wants to join, but it's not cool. It will lower the diversity of gangs and people would play to look big and bad in the game mechanics instead of in the roleplay. New or small gangs that focus on RP rather than strength would have even less chance of success.

If you want to know who rules in this city, watch the news and ask around on the street, hearing different opinions, and then make one yourself.
Im going to go with this one,sorry homie to bust your thread but Adj is right on this one
ig Name:Tra_Williams
Level:17
Itsa me Corrado wrote:tra is a pimp
James_Walker wrote:Tra's a pimp
Dom wrote:Tra oughta beat you with his pimp hand
Nurgle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nurgle »

ok we have implemented this idea
John Reed

Post by John Reed »

Nurgle wrote:ok we have implemented this idea
April 2th, i'm sure this is not a joke, wow.
Nurgle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nurgle »

we implemented it in 2007
John Reed

Post by John Reed »

How old this server is?
I remember i joined the forums at Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:10 pm with an account named will_carter and joined the the game around 2 months before joining the forums
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

szr started up in september '07