Question #1

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
Kronik
kinda dump
Game Name(s): Kronik

Question #1

Post by Kronik »

Ok, I have a pc controller that I use for Gta San Andreas. It's identical to a ps2 controller, and how I set up the controls are almost identical as the Ps2 version.

My question, you understand how the switch weapons button is the same as switching targets when you redefine the controls for "On Foot". Well, I have some kind of auto aim that is built in the controller, so like when I aim it goes right on the person, then I manually move it. It's not a 3rd party auto aim program or nothing. Any one that uses a controller would understand what I'm saying here.

From what I understand there is some kind of glitch that if I have auto aim on my controller, other people can accidentally lock on me and shoot me thinking they are attacking the enemy. Is there any way I can change this and still use my controller, the only reason I bought a controller was for this game and I can't imagine trying to play without one.

Any and all feedback here would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Kronik
kinda dump

Re: Question #1

Post by Kronik »

I think I found the closest thing to an answer here.
http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?PHPSES ... ic=27856.0
Conclusion: Don't use a controller

That entire thread was about getting rid of auto aim or keeping it.
I say they just need a put an option to enable/disable auto aim, so people like
me can still use a controller and not get shot up and killed 95% of the time
in a gun fight.

I can't imagine trying to play gta with a Keyboard and Mouse
David_Lewis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by David_Lewis »

Auto aim is wretched anyways because of synch issues. Even if you did lock onto someone, unless they are standing still, the chances of hitting them are less than if you were randomly spraying around them.
Dom wrote:you won't be accepted in the PD being that all of us saw your last application which was deleted; it was copy+pasted from an already denied app. if you're gonna plagiarize why wouldn't you do it from an application that was at least accepted? christ
Al_Yu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Al_Yu »

Why on earth would people prefer to aim with a controller over a keyboard and mouse my mind is blown.
<DoctorJones> al can you spawn the big smoke statue anywhere?
<&Al_Yu>I break the server enough as it is
Kronik
kinda dump

Post by Kronik »

Al_Yu wrote:Why on earth would people prefer to aim with a controller over a keyboard and mouse my mind is blown.
I just like the controller, I got it all set up for shit too. It's just the glitch and sync issues that come with people using keyboard to people using controllers is shitty.

See before I came around here, I was always playing the Gta series on Ps2, so I get a ps2 look alike controller for the PC.
Hopefully in the new Sa:mp update they will give an option for auto aim to be off or fix the sync/glitch issues. guess I'll be getting used to using a keyboard now.
Adj

Post by Adj »

No worries, there is a way to fix this. I don't have a controller so I don't know how exactly but I know people that do. I think they remap their joystick to mouse movement with a program called Xpadder. Not checked the tutorial but I bet this will help you out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjHcN4syBoI
Rachael
hotdogmin
hotdogmin

Post by Rachael »

auto-aim is gay.

I use a controller for driving, you just set your game options to mouse and keys, and the game still reads the controller for everything except auto aim.
[IMG]
Kronik
kinda dump

Post by Kronik »

Rachael wrote:auto-aim is gay.

I use a controller for driving, you just set your game options to mouse and keys, and the game still reads the controller for everything except auto aim.
When I do that the right nobby stick (the one I use to move the camera around) doesn't work for foot controlls at all and when I'm driving it only looks left and right, not down and up.