Mike_Infierno's Application.

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
Mike_Infierno

Mike_Infierno's Application.

Post by Mike_Infierno »

IC:
Character name:Mike_Infierno
Date of birth:09/10/1982
Phone number:Phone is broken.
Address/general location (optional):Idlewood, living in my uncle's barber shop and writing stories.

OOC:
Names of any alts you have/had on SZR:Carlo_Cielo.I don't play on that account anymore.
Previous roleplay experience, including other servers (optional):Streetz Of Los Santos, LS - RP, Everlastgaming, Russian server.
Will your news character be your primary character? (optional):Yes.

IC:
A brief description of what brought you here. (Was it a recommendation? A wanted ad? Simple whimsy? Something else?):I was on the server not long and I thought about "What about going on forums?" and when I registered here, I saw many awesome factions like this one.

A brief description of why you feel you'd be an asset to our team (feel free to include relevant skills and/or achievements):I don't have any achievements really, but I can tell something about my skills.I'm very creative and helpfull.And I got some experience being a news reporter on other servers.

An example of your writing in the two formats ((Article format, no less than 50 words, and in-game /news format, no less than 7 lines. See below for examples. Update: Wackiness (being outrageous) won't get you hired, and please try not to report on the common subjects - Nurgle, UFOs, combat situations, action stories, etc. Made up interviews will NOT be accepted.)):
Mike_Infierno : Good morning Los Santos!
Mike_Infierno : Today in the breaking news, we'll talk about - San Fiero.
Mike_Infierno : Everyone is talking about the tornado incoming.
Mike_Infierno : The small tornado already destroyed some of the houses in San Fiero near the Gas Station.
Mike_Infierno : 300 people died and 4 of them were heavily injured.
Mike_Infierno : The mayor of San Fiero is trying to do what ever he can to stop the tornado.
Mike_Infierno : But unfortunately It's worse then you could ever imagine.
Mike_Infierno : My information sources sent me some pictures.
Mike_Infierno : Beware Los Santos!
Mike_Infierno : The tornado may catch you too!
Mike_Infierno : That's all for today, but remember, we're always watching you!
Crisis in San Andreas

The crisis is everywhere and specially in Los Santos!What can we do?Today, the president of San Andreas is trying to do best what he can to stop the crisis.But It's not that easy, isn't it?People are without jobs, without money and maybe even without a house?In Los Santos homeless children increased on 20% and homeless people on about 40%!The president is planning to make a big group of people, who will check banks.They'll check the ammounts that people deposit or withdraw.Also, the president will make 4 more buildings where the homeless people could live.But, that's not enough for big Los Santos.I'll keep you in touch Los Santos!
It was Mike_Infierno, be ready!

Any additional comments (optional):
Ykraiina
Abuses Ads for Free
Game Name(s): Luca_Shevchenko

Re: Mike_Infierno's Application.

Post by Ykraiina »

You have some grammar and spelling mistakes in your application. Your use of photos and your long story shows me you put some effort into the application.

The IC (in character) part of your application is written completely out of character. Willing to excuse this as its not completely clear. I enjoy the creativity you put into your writing but i'm not completely sure about you yet. I'll see what the others think.
SANews Network Machoman Luca_Shevchenko
LSPD Donut Connoisseur Theodore_Mosley

Banjo

Post by Banjo »

I have to agree with Luca in this one. You can tell, that you really thought this through and that you put quite a bit of effort into your application, I like that!

We are only human, so we can look past the grammar and typos, however I would like you to do one more in-game /news article, to see that you really have what it takes to be in the news. Make sure your /news articles are always IC and that you watch silly mistakes like then or than, San Fierro etc.
Kitty_Mason wrote:
Rho wrote:im hung like a chinese mouse and will never get to see boobs like those let alone play with them
Mike_Infierno

Post by Mike_Infierno »

I apologize..I forgot about the IC and OOC mixing.I didn't play attention.
Sure, I'll write a new IG /news article.
Mike_Infierno : Good evening Los Santos!
Mike_Infierno : Today, we'll talk about - Las Venturas Mountains.
Mike_Infierno : If you've noticed, they're becoming smaller and smaller everyday.
Mike_Infierno : Most of the mountains just fall on each other.
Mike_Infierno : But what happends to the people who are living near it?
Mike_Infierno : Today, I'm going to talk with one man who's leaving near the mountains.
Mike_Infierno : He's going to tell us about the situation and his opinion about it.
/me listens to the old man.
Mike_Infierno : So, you're telling us that the mountains are falling on each other everyday?
Mike_Infierno : Great, this old man has 1 picture for us!Just look at it!
Mike_Infierno : And do the people get hit by the "falling mountains"?
/me listens to the old man again.
Mike_Infierno : Not so far?Great, I hope the mayor is going to do something about it!
Mike_Infierno : We don't need to get people killed.
/me smiles
Mike_Infierno : Alright, thank you very much...
/me asks the old man's name
Mike_Infierno : John?..Alright, thanks very much John!
Mike_Infierno : So, this will be a lesson to us!
Mike_Infierno : Never make picnics near the mountains!
Mike_Infierno : Alright, this was Mike_Infierno and I'll see you soon!
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

Oh my, I really appreciate the effort you put into this .. but there's just so many mistakes!

Here's the deal, if you can find 5 of the many mistakes you did, I'll accept you, and we can see how things work out! Alright?
Kitty_Mason wrote:
Rho wrote:im hung like a chinese mouse and will never get to see boobs like those let alone play with them