Fix The Crashes

For bug reports that have been addressed or are not longer relevant

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Bonez

Re: Fix The Crashes

Post by Bonez »

Fuji_Kaito wrote:In the old builds i timed out a lot, not crashed, just disconnected from the server every 5 minutes. If you reverted back to the really old builds i'd be scared of never being able to play, timing out every 5 minutes is more annoying than crashing every 30.
Crashing = Timing out
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away
Any fucking time. Any fucking day
Learn to swim. I'll see you down in Arizona bay

Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Nurgle wrote:Fuck features, make it stable. Mass crashes once every 30 mins [literally, no exaggeration] is not something anyone wants to play.

Even if it means going back to a 4x build, revert. Fucking fix them.

QUOTE DIS IF UR DOWN. \o
If I may say so. I remember Build 51 to be one of the most reliable ones to play on

Alexia

Post by Alexia »

Were back at build 50.
Pretty stable
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Alexia wrote:Were back at build 50.
Pretty stable
Ah okay thanks
Wasn't sure exactly what build. And yes it is running pretty nicely. A few random crashes but definitely better than last week

Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

Yeah this build is a lot better. I've noticed more EPP warnings which I then /reported, but I haven't experienced any EPP camera glitches yet or crashes.

Something I have noticed though, or at least passengers in my car have noticed, is that I tend to have more packet loss or lag, even though my ping stays relatively constant around the usual 100 ms. I'm pretty sure my IP address hasn't changed since using build 54, and I had no problems then.
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

build 50 predates a whole series of optimizations, so it's going to be more laggy overall until i add back the changes bit by bit. right now we're running build 51, which is branched off of build 50 and updated for exploits and security fixes. i just put together 52, which starts bringing back some of the commands introduced or changed in the later builds, and it should go live shortly.

the plan is to test 52 for stability, and if it is improved, i'll start porting everything important over to the new codebase from builds 54-59. also for anyone keeping track, we never actually used the original builds 51-53 at any time, because there were several serious bugs introduced in 51 that weren't locked down until 54, so we went straight from 50 to 54 on the server.

obviously if you experience any bugs or crashes i'd like to hear about them now before i start adding stuff back.
Daoulas
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by Daoulas »

Schwing updates
Reniji

Post by Reniji »

For the people who use Xfire, SA:MP is unsupported, so it will result in random crashes.
And also, for the people who use mods of any sort for GTA are more likely to crash. Mods and all that are very unstable, and have to many errors.

I suggest playing with a fresh GTA and a fresh SA:MP. As for the server, i have no idea.