Hitmen contract attempts suggestion

For bug reports that have been addressed or are not longer relevant

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Rod_Orange

Hitmen contract attempts suggestion

Post by Rod_Orange »

Suggestion: If a hitman attempts to make good on a contract and fails multiple times, the contract is then nulled/removed.

I know the quick fix is to just put a bullet in the fool's ass, but with the whole RP reorganization: chasing a hitman around town just isn't very in step with the new image. I'm getting flashbacks to before they were gutted. They're supposed to be this super secret shadow society, but they've been showing their ass so much recently that we have lists of names and a possible spot for their HQ. The fact that they make an attempt on your life and fail, five times over, and still tail you, just doesn't match up with what the new hitmen are supposedly all about.

Not like I'm asking for the world. The balance is completely fucked as it is, with /frisk being made totally useless and such. Unlimited sprint for seemingly level one characters is pretty shady, too. But that's not what this thread is about. Heh.
Jackal

Re: Hitmen contract attempts suggestion

Post by Jackal »

So much of what you just said is so wrong.
Rob

Post by Rob »

This is a forum for suggestions, not for batshit theories about coding to go against THOSE HITMANS that will never happen.
Zaph: it's like watching cavemen on another planet coming up with how to make the wheel
Jonathan_Ashley: all of those cavemen were abducted by advanced aliens and shown the wheel but at different times and are all trying to hide that they were anally probed

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

He is making a suggestion, its about limiting the number of times a hitman can reasonably go after a target. Im not sure whats batshit about what are probably his personal observations. Sadly Rod I think in terms of game coding, there is no way to measure how many times one player dies in attempting to kill another, maybe im wrong though, but the solution to that was whats currently in the game which is that if you kill a hitman that youre fighting, the contract is lifted off you.
Grace wrote:I literally am dodging bullets and cocks all day
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Mackenzie wrote:He is making a suggestion, its about limiting the number of times a hitman can reasonably go after a target. Im not sure whats batshit about what are probably his personal observations. Sadly Rod I think in terms of game coding, there is no way to measure how many times one player dies in attempting to kill another, maybe im wrong though, but the solution to that was whats currently in the game which is that if you kill a hitman that youre fighting, the contract is lifted off you.
I was more commenting on things like our HQ, which he has not found. Anyway, it's in our rules that a hitman should not go after the same contract multiple times. If you see it, give me a name. I'll make a forum post and enforce the rule more strictly. But really the whole 'We shouldn't shoot at you because you're RPing a secret organization" stuff? I don't know. I can't wrap my head around your post.
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

Jackal wrote:So much of what you just said is so wrong.
Jackal is absolutely right. Rod, you don't understand the mechanics of the faction well enough to assert the claims you're making.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Jackal wrote:
Mackenzie wrote:He is making a suggestion, its about limiting the number of times a hitman can reasonably go after a target. Im not sure whats batshit about what are probably his personal observations. Sadly Rod I think in terms of game coding, there is no way to measure how many times one player dies in attempting to kill another, maybe im wrong though, but the solution to that was whats currently in the game which is that if you kill a hitman that youre fighting, the contract is lifted off you.
I was more commenting on things like our HQ, which he has not found. Anyway, it's in our rules that a hitman should not go after the same contract multiple times. If you see it, give me a name. I'll make a forum post and enforce the rule more strictly. But really the whole 'We shouldn't shoot at you because you're RPing a secret organization" stuff? I don't know. I can't wrap my head around your post.
Ah no I was responding to Rob and hazarding a guess at Rods question in terms of coding
Grace wrote:I literally am dodging bullets and cocks all day
Casadina
Game Name(s): im a girl

Post by Casadina »

What do you mean by fail. If you kill the hitman the contract is nullified. There are no multiple attempts. It's over.
ImageImageImage
Robert_Boyer
Game Name(s): Robert_Boyer

Post by Robert_Boyer »

Casadina wrote:What do you mean by fail. If you kill the hitman the contract is nullified. There are no multiple attempts. It's over.
I think he means.. if a hitman tries to kill him and fails to do so multiple times.. that eventually the contract is dropped. The hitman failed their job.
13:25 Robert_Boyer Cas .. the story won't turn into Rho sex fanfic, but I'll start a seperate story just for you.. with that in mind.
13:26 *** brains joined #szrgta
Casadina
Game Name(s): im a girl

Post by Casadina »

That's impossible to code in. Just kill the damn hitman.
ImageImageImage
Rod_Orange

Post by Rod_Orange »

I'm not asking it be coded in-game, that wouldn't even make sense. Jerod has made it clear that such a rule is already in-place; though I'm not sure how, since he managed to misread the entire post :D

Reading comprehension.

'CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Finn »

I must have misread your post, too, since I also found it to be silly and confusing (especially the "I don't want to be chasing a hitman" bit).

Also, if you yourself admit that your concern got addressed on the first page, why the hell are you getting snippy?
brains
live from the moon
live from the moon

Post by brains »

Rod_Orange wrote:Suggestion: If a hitman attempts to make good on a contract and fails multiple times, the contract is then nulled/removed.

I know the quick fix is to just put a bullet in the fool's ass, but with the whole RP reorganization: chasing a hitman around town just isn't very in step with the new image. I'm getting flashbacks to before they were gutted. They're supposed to be this super secret shadow society, but they've been showing their ass so much recently that we have lists of names and a possible spot for their HQ. The fact that they make an attempt on your life and fail, five times over, and still tail you, just doesn't match up with what the new hitmen are supposedly all about.

Not like I'm asking for the world. The balance is completely fucked as it is, with /frisk being made totally useless and such. Unlimited sprint for seemingly level one characters is pretty shady, too. But that's not what this thread is about. Heh.
there are no ways to detect attempts on another player's life, so this is a moot point.

frisk was changed because people were abusing it by frisking everyone in sight, then killing them if they had hitmen weapons on them, and then saying it's not deathmatching because that player was a hitman and it was just self-defense.

also what do you mean unlimited sprint for level ones, everyone in the game has the same player stats when it comes to things like sprinting. we couldn't even change them if we wanted to.
Ludeboye wrote:So if you kill the hitman after you the "contract"is taken away from their "list" ? Im not sure how the game mechanics works when it comes to hitmen since ive never been one nor am I close to one..
if you have a contract on you and you kill the hitman instead, the contract is canceled and the hitman loses the 25% that you would have lost instead.

however if you take this as an opportunity to go around and kill hitmen on sight all the time just to maybe cancel a contract, you're going to get slapped with the usual penalties that come with deathmatching, because that is exactly what it is.