lets talk about good rap music

Off Topic forum. Post your youtubes/cats/shit here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Ando

Re: lets talk about good rap music

Post by Ando »

Bankwell wrote: lol
Uh, Drake actually owns, sorry.

Say what's real
Goodnight & Goodluck
Uptown
Congratulations
Lust for life
Going in for life
Successful

Basically the entire Heartbreak Drake mixtape owns. I anxiously await your rebuttal.
<JohnBadBot> ando: he won the whole server
Mel_Peters

Post by Mel_Peters »

Ando wrote: Uh, Drake actually owns, sorry.

Say what's real
Goodnight & Goodluck
Uptown
Congratulations
Lust for life
Going in for life
Successful

Basically the entire Heartbreak Drake mixtape owns. I anxiously await your rebuttal.

QFT
Jon Do hate club #1
Huey Freeman

Post by Huey Freeman »

Ando wrote: Uh, Drake actually owns, sorry.

Say what's real
Goodnight & Goodluck
Uptown
Congratulations
Lust for life
Going in for life
Successful

nah i gotta go with bankwell on this one, drake is just as fake as lil wayne

1. none of them write there own rhymes

2. did you see drake's music video? makin the women call him daddy and shit, that aint music...

3. he was only brought into the game to appeal to the kid's who watched Degraasi and tried to get them to listen to more of lil wayne's music Drake is just a tool..

I'm not goin to lie, but when i was younger i used to watch BET, Sukka free countdown, all of that stuff and i really thought that was rap music, but i was wrong, as i grew up i stopped liking all them fake niggas and learned to appreciate the REAL rappers. Mainly old school and yes i did my homework before posting this, but seriously..... how you go and sing a song (which he didn't write) about how people do things "for the money and the cars, cars and the clothes & hoes" and then you turn around and make a song where you got women saying "Daddy i thought you said i was the best!! Daddy i thought you said i was your girl!!!" and got them fighting over you, I wouldn't expect anyone on here to understand were I'm comin from, but ya need to open your eyes and understand that there's more to rap music then money, hoes, and bitches, as a matter of fact that aint even rap music, that's just what the new school turned it into, but I hope some one out there shares the same thoughts as me and understands were I'm comin from. And it doesn't matter if anyone doesn't like what i have to say about today's rap music.... everyone is entitled to there own opinion

Ando wrote: Appreciation for the oldschool is indeed important, but recognizing genuine talent and having an open mind about new stuff is equally vital.
Ando

Post by Ando »

Huey Freeman wrote: nah i gotta go with bankwell on this one, drake is just as fake as lil wayne

1. none of them write there own rhymes

2. did you see drake's music video? makin the women call him daddy and shit, that aint music...

3. he was only brought into the game to appeal to the kid's who watched Degraasi and tried to get them to listen to more of lil wayne's music Drake is just a tool..

I'm not goin to lie, but when i was younger i used to watch BET, Sukka free countdown, all of that stuff and i really thought that was rap music, but i was wrong, as i grew up i stopped liking all them fake niggas and learned to appreciate the REAL rappers. Mainly old school and yes i did my homework before posting this, but seriously..... how you go and sing a song (which he didn't write) about how people do things "for the money and the cars, cars and the clothes & hoes" and then you turn around and make a song where you got women saying "Daddy i thought you said i was the best!! Daddy i thought you said i was your girl!!!" and got them fighting over you, I wouldn't expect anyone on here to understand were I'm comin from, but ya need to open your eyes and understand that there's more to rap music then money, hoes, and bitches, as a matter of fact that aint even rap music, that's just what the new school turned it into, but I hope some one out there shares the same thoughts as me and understands were I'm comin from. And it doesn't matter if anyone doesn't like what i have to say about today's rap music.... everyone is entitled to there own opinion
1. Do you have a credible source for this?
2. I don't watch music videos
3. ok?

Don't get me wrong here, I dislike the vast majority of "new-school" hiphop, but I think Drake is actually unique in the way that he talks about the same dumb things that a lot of other rappers do, but he does it in an intelligent manner. Appreciation for the oldschool is indeed important, but recognizing genuine talent and having an open mind about new stuff is equally vital.
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

Actually, I should apologize, ive only heard Best I've Ever Had.
But I like a lot of the midwest music, the more independant stuff.
Tech N9ne, Krizz Kaliko, Kutt Kalhoun
Twista, Bone Thugz, all that type shit, or the G-Funk/Gangsta on the West Coast

And I don't agree with Lil Wayne being fake, sure the whole "Blood, Coke Dealer, Crack Dealer, Gangsta" thing doesnt seem right, because I have a picture of the "Cash Money Crips" where Birdman and Wayne r rockin the blue rags. But I think his music is some shit from somewhere else.

I'll check Drake out, but Wayne is about the only mainstream I like. I'll give you an update after I listen to some on the list.
Ando wrote: Say what's real
Goodnight & Goodluck
Uptown
Congratulations
Lust for life
Going in for life
Successful

EDIT: Also, another reason I don't like a majority of mainstream, is because they're lyrics are pointless, and they rap too slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBPHpiavc3E
willio_sayen1 wrote:sadly ima magc boy
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
Huey Freeman

Post by Huey Freeman »

Ando wrote: 1. Do you have a credible source for this?

Gillie the Kid wrote most of the songs for "The Carter" and all songs before that
http://www.rapsearch.com/news/article/l ... hostwriter
http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... tml?cat=38

who's to say that gillie or some one eles is still writing his lyrics and that he is just doing it more discreetly to avoid the downfall of lil wayne? (no lil wayne = Gillie has no one to write lyrics for) also Kanye was paid to get drake started by selling him some lyrics for his mixtapes just like Gillie did for wayne
Last edited by Huey Freeman on August 31st, 2009, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ando wrote: Appreciation for the oldschool is indeed important, but recognizing genuine talent and having an open mind about new stuff is equally vital.
phoixx

Post by phoixx »

deltron 3030 rules

saul williams rules
phoixx

Post by phoixx »

del tha funkee homosapien also rules
Chris Hansen
can't find his mod
can't find his mod

Post by Chris Hansen »

<tmm3k> rap "music"
this post was a Serious Post, handcrafted with care for Rachael
Melo
Game Name(s): Carmelo_Sonsir

Post by Melo »

Some of these post's sound like immortal technique freestyling. Nobody listens to rap music because it makes them smarter. They listen to it because they like Money. Hoes. Clothes. Guns, and sometimes just because their really high and the beat sounds sick. New school is new for a reason. Because its not the old shit that grandpa crip used to bump in his 1979 Buick. Theres no such thing as a real gangster anymore though, which is probably why old school sounds more appealing. You cant be a cold hearted gangster anymore and not spend the rest of your life in prison. Cops got too good at their jobs. I dont even listen to the vocal part of rap anymore because its just some black kid bitching about how his girl left him for a dude with a bigger dick. I guess my point is, Drake is like Usher except he can rap, and the only fact that anyone gives a fuck about him is because Lil Wayne endorsed his shit. But I do enjoy the fact the most of you Europeans are obsessed with american rap, its just fucking hilarious. You guys do know your white though, dont you? FYI Lil Wayne is not a Crip he never has been. He is a Blood no doubt, that blue rag shit is all photoshop stuff. But he's not a hardcore Blood, sure he used to slang rocks when he was like 14 or 15 but as soon as he became a rapper all that shit went out the window. The fact that he endores Bloods is what made him famous in the first place though, how do you think he got people to listen to his shit. Look Im another black dude that can rap, but oh wait, Im a blood, now doesn't my music sound better?

EDI: You want to listen to intelligent rap? Listen to Andre 3000. Much better than Drake. By far.
L.S. 4's
"From the North to the South to the East to the West, leave a mothafucka wit a hole in his chest. "
Huey Freeman

Post by Huey Freeman »

yeah i agree bout what you said, and i feel that
Melo wrote:Nobody listens to rap music because it makes them smarter. They listen to it because they like Money. Hoes. Clothes. Guns, and sometimes just because their really high and the beat sounds sick.
should only apply to most of the new niggas "soulja-bitch, drake, etc." most of the people that are currently killin hip-hop. But i believe SOME of the old school artist's really earned there credibility I mean just because you dropped a few albums way back in the day, don't make you a legend, it's like saying "With age comes wisdom". When I know age doesn't come with wisdom it comes with experience, people just think that when your old that you probably when through a fair share of hard times and shit, when you could have just been sittin at home all day chillin, or being on the computer and shit, I'm not to sure if ya get what I'm sayin, but it's that kind of scenario, but overall i agree with what you sed.

Melo wrote:But I do enjoy the fact the most of you Europeans are obsessed with american rap, its just fucking hilarious. You guys do know your white though, dont you?
I didn't know you had to be a certain skin color to be allowed to enjoy certain things :colbert:
I'm not white by the way nor am i European for anyone out there who is thinking that I am

Ando

Post by Ando »

Zaph

Post by Zaph »

Youtube Video: show
<Ando> lets fucking make out.
)) <> ((
Huey Freeman

Post by Huey Freeman »

ZaphTron wrote:

hahaha yeah i remember that, but it's true tho wu tang did appeal to kids sometimes, but still it is what it is R.I.P Ol' Dirty Bastard

Cream

8-)

Melo

Post by Melo »

Well I didn't mean to drect that at you I just noticed that Germany has a lot of saggy jeans and jordans walking through the streets at night
L.S. 4's
"From the North to the South to the East to the West, leave a mothafucka wit a hole in his chest. "
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Back to school ''Afroman the best nigga ever''
Spanky Loco
Cypress Hill:Marijuana Locos
Cypress Hill:Latin Thugs
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFx6O4r3 ... re=related[/youtube]
Los Bandoleros By Don Omar
And a fucking dark psy song for you..
Kindzadza - Rapid Life System...Blow your head up..
╔══╗♪
║██║ ♫ ♫
║(●)║
╚══╝
.ılı.-------Volume-------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min●- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
Never stop the music!
Zaph

Post by Zaph »

)) <> ((
Bankwell

Post by Bankwell »

willio_sayen1 wrote:sadly ima magc boy
main account:
kody_bankwell

alt account:
kojiro_nakamura
phoixx

Post by phoixx »

update

uk rappers rule
Ando

Post by Ando »

phoixx wrote:update

uk rappers rule
kano
Yamoto
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): FAGLORDE_MCMANGA

Post by Yamoto »

Here some of my Grime Favourites

Kano -Signs in life east london grime
Kano - p's and q's one of my favourites
Kano - Ghetto Kyote one of my favourite beats
[04:50] [chat] [Caitlin_Lee]: but reaches into his pants and with a hand, squeezes his heavy large ballsack
Zaph

Post by Zaph »

More well known UK stuff, not strictly hiphop..

Dizzee Rascal - Stop Dat
Wiley - Wearing My Rolex
Wiley - Summertime
Lethal Bizzle - Police On My Back
Lethal Bizzle - Bizzle Bizzle
Roll Deep - Penpals
Bashy - My Nightmare
The Streets - Blinded by the Lights (The Bashy video above covers this basically)
)) <> ((
Gia
Abuses Ads for Free

Post by Gia »

Melo

Post by Melo »

Nas- NY State of Mind

One of the illest songs out of the illmatic album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4&feature=fvw
L.S. 4's
Antwuan_Dixon

Post by Antwuan_Dixon »

yea :colbert: