/hide

Place all new suggestions here, for easy viewing.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Suggestions is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or anything other than suggestions or constructive criticism may result in punitive action.
David_Lewis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

/hide

Post by David_Lewis »

I know i'm a cop but I like a challenge, /hide could take your name off the top of your head and remove a find beacon for a certain amount of time. Or just remove the find beacon.
Dom wrote:you won't be accepted in the PD being that all of us saw your last application which was deleted; it was copy+pasted from an already denied app. if you're gonna plagiarize why wouldn't you do it from an application that was at least accepted? christ
vksv
Abuses Ads for Free

Re: /hide

Post by vksv »

You should have to be totally stationary, and have been stationary for a few seconds for it to work, otherwise people will just run around using the command to cancel the beacon instead of truly hiding.
David_Lewis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by David_Lewis »

or have a wait timer on it as in /find 40-60 seconds or something
Dom wrote:you won't be accepted in the PD being that all of us saw your last application which was deleted; it was copy+pasted from an already denied app. if you're gonna plagiarize why wouldn't you do it from an application that was at least accepted? christ
elijah_triggs
Game Name(s): Ran_Li

Post by elijah_triggs »

Maybe it would take off the tag unless your right up beside them. And the find beacon could be lost for 2minutes. And maybe this time of how long your name tag is gone is based on your merc level.

Some_Noob: /hide
Some_killer: /find - "The person your finding is out of town"n"
Some_Noob: "Timer's up your back in town"
Some_killer: Kills them.
Leo_Cash

Post by Leo_Cash »

Hmm..isnt the /tinfoil working this way?
TatsuyaNakajima
Anthony Martinez

Post by Anthony Martinez »

Leo_Cash wrote:Hmm..isnt the /tinfoil working this way?
Jeffu_Koiso
Corrado_Russo

Post by Corrado_Russo »

yea, i think what he means though is if you use the /hide animation
it takes off your name and id above your head for certain time

nice idea
ImageImage
ok fuck it i gonna play my gameboy advance is better then stay here with noobs
David_Lewis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by David_Lewis »

David_Lewis wrote:/hide could take your name off the top of your head
so you can hide in bushes without your name giving you away, /tinfoil does work that way but no one wants to be a damn lawyer that job sucks. This could be a universal command.

By the way who the fuck /quotes a question, are you agreeing that the question should be answered? your dumb.
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

When I was a new dipshit people told me that /hide gets rid of your nametag above your head -- which sounded pretty lucrative.
Wise as I am now, I know that it does not :[

Removing the nametag when /hiding is good, but not being able to /find them gets rid of a lawyer's core job.
Kitty_Mason wrote:
Rho wrote:im hung like a chinese mouse and will never get to see boobs like those let alone play with them
David_Lewis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by David_Lewis »

Banjo wrote:not being able to /find them gets rid of a lawyer's core job.
Being a cop I /find people ALL the time, I have gotten a "this person is being hidden by a lawyer" message maybe 3 times at the most.

Now the amount of times I have chased an air eluder, finally got to them on the ground only to hear them say "Good day officer.", check the /wanted list and see them cleared, is out the roof.

A lawyers core job is to remove /sues not to hide people. /hide will just break the beacon for 10 seconds, a lawyer would still be usefull because they can hide them for a longer period of time.
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

Being /hidden for 10 seconds will make people go like this:
/hide
*10 seconds pass*
LMB, /hide
*10 seconds pass*
LMB, /hide
*10 seconds pass*
LMB, /hide

>> calls for abuse.

In the end it'll be like cheaply /tinfoiled by a lawyer.

Let me just state this, I'm not against the idea, I think it's rather good, just with a few modifications though.
Kitty_Mason wrote:
Rho wrote:im hung like a chinese mouse and will never get to see boobs like those let alone play with them
Huey Freeman

Post by Huey Freeman »

i think /hide would only be usefully if SZR had CPU pedestrians like in the regular GTA: San Andres game, that way it would be really cool and maybe people would dm the pedestrians instead of the actual players, but yeah your idea is pretty cool too

Ando wrote: Appreciation for the oldschool is indeed important, but recognizing genuine talent and having an open mind about new stuff is equally vital.
John_Pendergast

Post by John_Pendergast »

Huh? /hide would make your name disappear or whatever how do CPU controlled assholes come into picture?
John Pendergast
Kofi_Kingston
Game Name(s): Kofi_Kingston Samuel_L_Jackson Dave_Mustaine

Post by Kofi_Kingston »

peds would totally sync
<stenchman> ☣☠④②ⓞ☠☣
mkrtich
Coder
Coder

Post by mkrtich »

He's saying that a /hide that hides your nametag from view would be more useful if there were peds sans nametags floating around that could be mistaken for /hide'ing players.
Gentle_Man
Game Name(s): Ken_Worthington

Post by Gentle_Man »

What about /disguise? Where it temporarily removes your nametag and gives you the /quitfaction skin. Like, mercs or lawyers or something can do it. It doesn't remove a /find beacon, but if someone's chasing you on foot, you run into a group of people and do /disguise, you'll be harder to find.
Huey Freeman

Re:

Post by Huey Freeman »

John_Pendergast wrote:Huh? /hide would make your name disappear or whatever how do CPU controlled assholes come into picture?

okay... what I'm saying is... you know how there are pedestrians in the real grand theft auto games??? and they DON'T have any names above there heads? that what i am implying, if SZR had CPU controlled pedestrians like they do in the REAL grand theft auto games then it would be easier to blend in with the crowd since they will have the same skins as everyone else, I'm not sure anyone is getting what I'm saying

Ando wrote: Appreciation for the oldschool is indeed important, but recognizing genuine talent and having an open mind about new stuff is equally vital.
John_Pendergast

If your name is hidden you can hide in a bush or whetever cause it doesn't give you away.
John Pendergast
David_Lewis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by David_Lewis »

yeah that would be cool, I was just being chased by a rocket car, if he didn't see my name I might have escaped.
John_Pendergast

Yeah, actually I can't really find a situation in what this would be extra useful. Maybe it would be used to hide your name and go carpark w/o risk of being SSed
John Pendergast
harl
kinda dump

Post by harl »

make lawyers tinfoil hide the nametag?
Jack_Filkins
I just can't stop posting worthless shit!

Re:

Post by Jack_Filkins »

John_Pendergast wrote:Yeah, actually I can't really find a situation in what this would be extra useful. Maybe it would be used to hide your name and go carpark w/o risk of being SSed
You could just hide your name tag and carpark someone or DM a few people and not get caught.. has it good and bad points :ashobon:
Jack Filkins - Helladumpp
Poo Ming - LSPD Wannabe

I B TROLLIN'
John_Woody
super kawaii ^_^!!!!!!!!
Game Name(s): John_Woody

Post by John_Woody »

you cant really dm when you're in the /hide animation
voodoo
kinda dump

Post by voodoo »

The bad thing about this would be, if you need to get the person's ID to report them for hacking or whatever, and they are in /hide.

I've seen people glide while using the /hide animation, thanks to SA:MP's shitty sync, what if people glitch that and have their nametag hidden forever?
Castro Wilson - LSPD; Officer
Rosco_Flatts
Game Name(s): Rozco_Flatts - Rosco_Flatts - Rozco_Aispuro

Post by Rosco_Flatts »

I like the idea of it hiding your nametag, but that's it. If you don't want a merc to find you, you could just find a lawyer and ask them to tinfoil you.