Herb's Guid to PowerGaming / Metagaming / Rking and RP.

Questions and advice for new players

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Forum rules
Newbie Forum is a moderated OOC forum.

Inflammatory bullshit, thread de-railing, or any other disruptive posts may result in punitive action.
Mark_Snider

Herb's Guid to PowerGaming / Metagaming / Rking and RP.

Post by Mark_Snider »

Here is a Quick post to help you understand Role Play and get you some respect.

Powergaming - Just what is PowerGaming?
1. Using Objects you do not have.
2. /me Actions / commands that is not possible.
3. Rape with your /me's.

Now lets look into what they mean and how you should Role Play. Please if you are not going to read all of this post please just read part 3 (Rape with your /me's). This is the most commen thing people do with their /me's and it makes Role Play Old and borring.

So lets get started.

1. Using Objects you do not have.
Well it explains it's self. Do not use the command "/me Pull's out a MP5 and aims at Nurgles Head." If you do not have a MP5.

2. /me actions / commands that is not possible.
In other words playing super man. Doing commands such as "/me Picks up the Building and throws it 100 Ft in the air" Would be stupid. In less of course your trying to act stupid.

3. THE BIGGEST ONE, /me Rape.
Ok boys and gals read this,
What is /me Rape? Well it is not using the following command "/me attempts to rape Nurgle" or "/me Attempts to knock nurgle out and rape him" or even "/me Swings his right arm at nurgles face, Attempting to bitch slap his hoe ass".
But it is "/me rapes nurgle and makes him suck on my dick".
No /me rape dosen't mean role playing rape. In fact its forcing a player to do a action or actions with your /me Commands.
Read Example one and two. Then think to your self what example looked best and looked like more fun to be in.

Herb pulls out a pistol and bitch slaps nurgle.
Herb Knocks nurgle onto his hands and knee's.
Herb Kicks nurgle in the face.
Herb Knocks nurgle out.
Herb Steals all of Nurgles cash from his wallet.
((Herb, Pay me i just stole all your cash))
Alert- Herb has been banned by admin Nurgle reason, Stealing all my cash.

Herb Pulls out a Pistol and swings it in the direction of Nurgles head. ((Attempted Bitch Slap))
Nurgle Notices Herb's attempt and jumps back out of range of herb.
Nurgle Pulls out a Pistol and aim's at Herb's Body and fires.
Herb Notices Nurgle unholstering his weapon and jumps behind near by four door can and uses it as cover.
Herb Cocks his firearm and blind fires it in nurgles direction.
Nurgle Is able to dodge most of the bullets but is hit in the leg.
Nurgle Yell's in pain, Droping his firearm next to him he falls to the ground in pain.
Herb hear's the cry and jumps up turns around and keeps a steady aim at Nurgles head with his Pistol.
Herb Says "Bitch you can't cheat me. I may be 80 years old but when a Hoe don't pay up i still pop their ass's."
Nurgle says "Fuck you old man!"
Herb Says "Wrong answer I am getting my money way or another."
Nurgle says "Fuck You, See you in hell Bitch"
Nurgle reach's for his firearm and aims in herbs direction and fires as many times as possible.
Herb see's Nurgles attempt and shoots at nurgle, Herb takes several hits.
Nurgle is laying on the ground so herbs aim is correct. Nurgle fires several shots but also takes hits.
Herb falls over dead.
Nurgle shouts "You son of a bitch"
Nurgle falls over dead from the gun shots.
Nurgle dies.

Now what Rp would you rather be part of? Part of a good Rper is keeping in mind that you don't always need to win. You could die several times and not get much of what you are trying to get threw your RP but you will be a highly respected player. Don;t be afraid to loose and don;t be afraid OOCly to die. Both Nurgle and Herb died in this RP. But they both had a fun time. If you base your RP around example one you will not be a respected player and after a few times of RP people would rather just kill you then RP with you. Why? Because you act like a little 4 Year old who has to have what they want.

Metagaming.

What is Metagaming?
Metagaming is using OOC information IC.

This is a very simple rule to understand. Keep OOC facts OOC This is very simple to do. You could do it by reading a players name tag and calling them by it. Or looking their phone number up in the phone book and calling them without learning their real name IC. Another commen example is somebody asking another players name IC and the player gives out a false name. Then that somebody kills the player or says something like "no really whats your name? I know its not Herbert Lookaratcha" This is a metagaming. Also doing shit like
Herb Says "Everyone /contract 14 158692"
That is also Metagaming because once again your Mixing IC and OOC.

Rking

What is Rking?
Its killing a player who has killed you. If you are Rply killed by another player your char should either
1. Start a new life.
2. Rp going to the Medical center and getting fixed up.
If you choose 2 you should forget all the actions that lead up to your death. Or just the death its self.

Feal free to correct me on mistakes i have made in my post.
Heath_Ledger

Re: Herb's Guid to PowerGaming / Metagaming / Rking and RP.

Post by Heath_Ledger »

I smell copy spasta
Mark_Snider

Post by Mark_Snider »

I seen a lot of RP post on how to RP. I used my knowledge of RP. I learned how to RP from GTA SA RP. I just used what i learned from their and put it here. I see you guys allready have one but my main focus was on PowerGaming.
Hector_Mata
Game Name(s): Hector_Mata Hekutoru_Kahaya

Post by Hector_Mata »

Mark_Snider wrote:2.
Herb Pulls out a Pistol and swings it in the direction of Nurgles head. ((Attempted Bitch Slap))
Nurgle Bans Herb
have in mind this never try to do such a thing like with this player :iss:
Venezuela

Xfire: kikosalaz

Google-Senpai will never recognize you.
Admiral_Ackbar

Post by Admiral_Ackbar »

Why don't you KNOCK IT OFF with them NEGATIVE WAVES?
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Way better..I can say that this threat was my roleplay school..
╔══╗♪
║██║ ♫ ♫
║(●)║
╚══╝
.ılı.-------Volume-------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min●- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
Never stop the music!