Bounty system for Mercs

For bug reports that have been addressed or are not longer relevant

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Server Moderators

Thesoldier
Donut Chaser
Game Name(s): Daniel_Peters

Bounty system for Mercs

Post by Thesoldier »

When someone decides to break the law and commits crime, maybe the LSPD/FBI can pay money for a bounty hunter to help capture the criminal.

Give Officers (Not cadets) and FBI ability to do /bounty (name/id) (price)
Then all Mercs on the server can do a command to check and see if anyone has a bounty on them, and if the merc can capture and tie up the bounty and get him to a delivery point, he gets paid the full bounty. If he kills the person, he should only get 1/2 or 1/4 of what the bounty was.

If the criminal is captured or killed, he is autojailed for the amount of wanted points he has on him.
To prevent abuse, make it only that the maximum amount that can be paid is $10,000
Seamus

Re: Bounty system for Mercs

Post by Seamus »

I support 100%
Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Finn »

Who is paying this bounty?
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

If this were to be implemented, some sort of very limited tackle/taze/cuff skill needs to come along with it. Otherwise there isn't much ability or reason to capture someone alive.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
B_Dizzle

Post by B_Dizzle »

I also agree with this.
Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Finn »

Ari_Papadopoulos wrote:If this were to be implemented, some sort of very limited tackle/taze/cuff skill needs to come along with it. Otherwise there isn't much ability or reason to capture someone alive.
I disagree with this for the reasons given in the last bounty hunting thread - it's replacing an opportunity for roleplay with a simple, automated slash-function. It's mechanical and requires no thought or effort on the hunter's part; Item A goes in Slot A and Reward A comes out! It's pretty much diametrically opposed to what this server is supposed to be about.

There are plenty of RP-based ways to get people into your car, if you're crafty enough. If not, you can still kill them for some of the bounty (see: partial rewards for killing instead of capturing). Thus, the clever ones will be appropriately awarded, while there's still a way to cash in when the target is intractable or the hunter is lazy and uncreative.
Ari_Papadopoulos
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ari_Papadopoulos »

Finn wrote:
Ari_Papadopoulos wrote:If this were to be implemented, some sort of very limited tackle/taze/cuff skill needs to come along with it. Otherwise there isn't much ability or reason to capture someone alive.
I disagree with this for the reasons given in the last bounty hunting thread - it's replacing an opportunity for roleplay with a simple, automated slash-function. It's mechanical and requires no thought or effort on the hunter's part; Item A goes in Slot A and Reward A comes out! It's pretty much diametrically opposed to what this server is supposed to be about.

There are plenty of RP-based ways to get people into your car, if you're crafty enough. If not, you can still kill them for some of the bounty (see: partial rewards for killing instead of capturing). Thus, the clever ones will be appropriately awarded, while there's still a way to cash in when the target is intractable or the hunter is lazy and uncreative.
I'd also be happy if being captured was a much more attractive alternative to people than death. Currently, death is hardly even a slap on the wrist, so in terms of gameplay it doesn't make a lot of sense to surrender. Given Thesoldier's plan, I think a good change would be for being captured to reduce the sentence/penalty by a small amount.

I agree with you in theory, completely.

Edit: The other problem is that when someone tells you they'll get in your car and be captured, it's incredibly easy for them to press enter instead of g, and steal the car and escape. This is a game mechanic that I hate. Putting in locks for housecars would alleviate this entirely, and would be a change I would support.
Lisye_Buck: this aint fucking role play **
Lisye_Buck: this is fucking retard **
Lisye_Buck: thats bullfuck **

Report from Jay_daWop_Gomezabino: cops arrested me, put me in the car so turtle would bite me to death

Report from Kate_West: (( i will your mother and sister and sisterfucker ))
Knives_Millions

Post by Knives_Millions »

Thesoldier wrote:When someone decides to break the law and commits crime, maybe the LSPD/FBI can pay money for a bounty hunter to help capture the criminal.

Give Officers (Not cadets) and FBI ability to do /bounty (name/id) (price)
Then all Mercs on the server can do a command to check and see if anyone has a bounty on them, and if the merc can capture and tie up the bounty and get him to a delivery point, he gets paid the full bounty. If he kills the person, he should only get 1/2 or 1/4 of what the bounty was.

If the criminal is captured or killed, he is autojailed for the amount of wanted points he has on him.
To prevent abuse, make it only that the maximum amount that can be paid is $10,000
What a great idea.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Yesssss /lock command for housecars!
What a great Idea
I support all of this 100% as well
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away
Any fucking time. Any fucking day
Learn to swim. I'll see you down in Arizona bay

B_Dizzle

Post by B_Dizzle »

Bonez wrote:Yesssss /lock command for housecars!
What a great Idea
I support all of this 100% as well
I support the /lock idea, so long as there's a very rare, occasional locking of your keys in the car. C'mon, it's happened to all of us.
Marius
Game Name(s): Marius

Post by Marius »

Yeah, sure.

But anyways, capturing in a car sounds nice...but I don't think it's going to happen.
Sounds like it would be better to somehow restrain them on foot and call the cops to pick them up.
Now, when was the last story you heard without conflict? ...War will never end.
Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Finn »

Marius wrote:But anyways, capturing in a car sounds nice...but I don't think it's going to happen.
It's going to happen because it HAS happened. It's not half as big a deal as everyone's making it sound.
Akimoto Shun
Game Name(s): Akimoto_Shun

Post by Akimoto Shun »

/me agrees.

That would be great. I get tired of just /finding someone as a merc..
Domiano Lombardi: Sicilian Security Firm
Saverio Lombardi: LSPD SWAT Officer
Patrick Finnigan: LSGH Paramedic
Fuji_Kaito

Post by Fuji_Kaito »

I agree with both the bounty system and the locking housecars suggestion. The bounty system is a great opportunity for RP. There shouldn't be a /taze command or anything because being able to get someone in your car requires skill, a /command doesn't. It would also give mercs something to do besides /find and kill people.

The locking housecars thing is a great idea simply because everyone is tired of people stealing their shit. It would be cool if you could give the keys to people too or unlock the car if you want to give it to someone.
[18:40] AdmWarning: [21]Fuji_Kaito 280722 mph <-- FakeSZR was fun!
Smokey_ONeil

Post by Smokey_ONeil »

I was just gonna say something but Fuji pretty much said it all already..
I support bounty system
I support locking housecars
I DON'T support a /taze /tackle type of command to make capturing easier, people need to RP trick people into their cars.
(don't forget that you can steal someone's car with the person being hunted inside, steal their car and tie them up as well)
Van_Hell wrote:so was i will make die all the times bears want this sux.
Seamus_Obradigan

Post by Seamus_Obradigan »

Fuji_Kaito wrote:I agree with both the bounty system and the locking housecars suggestion. The bounty system is a great opportunity for RP. There shouldn't be a /taze command or anything because being able to get someone in your car requires skill, a /command doesn't. It would also give mercs something to do besides /find and kill people.

The locking housecars thing is a great idea simply because everyone is tired of people stealing their shit. It would be cool if you could give the keys to people too or unlock the car if you want to give it to someone.
Agree with this completely on all accounts. Plus I think that with the whole giving keys thing because it could open up the market for car sales/trades and what not.

Also with Smokey on the whole no taze/cuff ability, it takes the creativity out of it.
Brad_Anderonn

Post by Brad_Anderonn »

Smokey_ONeil wrote:I was just gonna say something but Fuji pretty much said it all already..
I support bounty system
I DON'T support a /taze /tackle type of command to make capturing easier, people need to RP trick people into their cars.
(don't forget that you can steal someone's car with the person being hunted inside, steal their car and tie them up as well)
Yeah, but when you RP most the time, the person says something along the lines of "No your a merc."
The Sneaky Russian

Post by The Sneaky Russian »

Brad_Anderonn wrote:
Smokey_ONeil wrote:I was just gonna say something but Fuji pretty much said it all already..
I support bounty system
Yeah, but when you RP most the time, the person says something along the lines of "No your a merc."
He's right, but if you had one guy in the car and a guy or two with some AK's or something outside the car telling him to get in, that might solve part of the problem. It'd open up a whole new avenue to inter-player relations. I agree with Fuji on this one comrades.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work... you can always hit them with it.- Boris the sneaky fucking Russian.
Finn
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Finn »

Pssh. I was saying what Fuji said before it was cool.